Idea for FREE game downloads from the PS store

Raindancer

Raindancer

Now I am probably completely wrong about this.

I did read somewhere that if you buy a game from the PS store and later delete it, that the game is lost forever and you loose your money. I recently brought Lemmings and downloaded it. For some reason my PS3 refused to accept it and would only let me play the free demo. So I deleted the free demo and purchased game I had just brought and logged back into the PS store and went to my downloads. And re-download the free demo and the full game I had just brought.

And it worked great.

I was thinking, what if I set up a new PS3 account on my PS3 then added some money from my credit card, logged on to the PS store and brought everything I needed. Then went into my account management and deleted my credit card details. Then provided my username and password online for other people to access and download the game I have brought.

Would this work?

Another idea. In the UK we now have pay-as-you-go credit cards. In theory, you could stick a tenner on that and set up an account. That way once the credit is gone. The card is useless.

Raindancer_5.gif

Jonny_Tightlips

Zak notifies Sony police

$600 service charge!? f*ck that!

tounge.gif Do it.

...besides that I ain't sayin nuthin.

Raindancer
Zak notifies Sony police

$600 service charge!? f*ck that!

tounge.gif Do it.

Yeah, It might help if you own the console first!

Raindancer_5.gif

I was thinking, what if I set up a new PS3 account on my PS3 then added some money from my credit card, logged on to the PS store and brought everything I needed. Then went into my account management and deleted my credit card details. Then provided my username and password online for other people to access and download the game I have brought.

Would this work?

Probably not, it might not let you delete your credit card details if there is outstanding transactions against that credit card number, or it would but the transactions would be in the middle of processing and would still go through.

If you wanted a way to do it, it would be quite an illegal way and you'd f*cked in no time. And I'm not going to mention it just in case

wZVJHXg.png

Raindancer

Would this work?

Probably not, it might not let you delete your credit card details if there is outstanding transactions against that credit card number, or it would but the transactions would be in the middle of processing and would still go through.

If you wanted a way to do it, it would be quite an illegal way and you'd f*cked in no time. And I'm not going to mention it just in case

I think you misunderstood. Let the transaction go through and complete. (Sony is paid and my card is debited for the amount owed)

Then delete my CC details, then post the name online.

Raindancer_5.gif

VideoPoker

Yeah, my friend and I have split the cost of flOw and Mortal Kobmat.

He just added a new user to his PS3 with my log-in details and he could download whatever games I had downloaded from the PS store.

J4KPE60.gif

Moonshield's less handsome join date brother <3

Haha. Wonder if someone has already done it?

Funk3h googles

Nope. DO IT, before it gets patched or whatever! wow.gif

user posted image

I think you misunderstood. Let the transaction go through and complete. (Sony is paid and my card is debited for the amount owed)

Then delete my CC details, then post the name online.

Oh right, I thought you want to play Clement Freude with your Credit Card. I suppose you could do that, I don't think its quite on the level, but...

wZVJHXg.png

Ya, once you buy something, you can delete it and redownload it. This is what my friend and I are going to do to get the new Resistance maps this month. I will buy it and he will give me half of what it costs. I didn't think to do it in huge numbers on here though, good idea.

I think I may have read that you can only download it 5 times after the first time though. I am not positive, so it is worth a try. At the very least, 5 lucky people will get the free stuff. That is, if you even plan to do it. Pretty generous of you.

Ouch.

Sony proper f*cked up there.

You can download what you pay for up to 5 times so you can actually log on up to five PS3's and download your games, after that it won't work and what you pay for is not lost forever, you can download it again by going to download list, unless he is talking about deleting his PSN account and not the username for the PS3....but can you even delete your PSN name? I don't think you can because when I log on to account management there is no such option.

Edited by sainraja

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.