Each episode will be atleast 10 hours long

Mike0

I just read it on wikipedia. It seems its pretty old "news". But we somehow missed it:)

Xbox.com

Full text:

Grand Theft Auto IV gets a little respect

There are certain pivotal moments in videogaming history when new technology has introduced new ways to experience the gaming world, or innovative software has set new standards in fun – or even created entirely new genres of gameplay. With regard to the latter two, the Grand Theft Auto series is the biggest and baddest of them all.

The original GTA (from 1998) was a very different beast to the controversy-devouring entity the franchise has become today. Of course a lot of water and technological advancements have flowed under the bridge in the intervening years, and the series really came alive with GTA III, which ushered in a stylish new era of hip soundtracks, cinematic criminality, lavish 3D visuals and gameplay to die-for – often literally so, in GTA’s brutal world. Since then pretty much every GTA outing has been a must-play event.

Of course, loyal Xbox players (that’s you lot) have had to grimace privately while the owners of ‘other’ consoles have enjoyed all the GTA fun. However that will soon change, thanks to Rockstar Games’ announcement that they’re creating brand new GTA IV content for Xbox 360. We knew they’d want to join the winning team sooner or later.

GTA IV will take the form of two distinct episodes, both downloadable from Xbox Live and each a minimum of 10 hours long. Of course being a 360 game it’ll look simply awesome too, and the downloadable episodic format means that we won’t have to wait ages between games either – or waste the bus fare going to the shops to buy it! It’ll be worth the wait, we promise, but if you need to satisfy your ‘gangsta’ cravings before then Saints Row will keep you nicely busy. More details soon.

Interesting bit:

GTA IV will take the form of two distinct episodes, both downloadable from Xbox Live and each a minimum of 10 hours long.

Is that speculation on part of MS, or an agreement, or an assurement from Rockstar.

It seems it was written right after X06.

Edited by Mike0

Yes but the original text is on the Xbox official site. And that I hope IS reliable:)

Well it is on an official site so it should be fairly reliable, but I'm still not sold on this 'Episodic Content' thing, obviously until we know more I can't rant and rave that much, but so far it just seems a little unfair to the owners of Playstations. I'm neither but I'd like to know more so I could save the pennies so consider getting whatever system

But the thing I find strange is, how can they put a time-frame on an 'Episode', unless it's predicted gameplay time for the missions involved etc. So I suppose it does give us an idea of what size this content is.

Good Find ol' bean, what what monocle.gif

wZVJHXg.png

FiShMaStEr
But the thing I find strange is, how can they put a time-frame on an 'Episode', unless it's predicted gameplay time for the missions involved etc. So I suppose it does give us an idea of what size this content is.

It's predicted game play time, just how R* were talking about in a recent magazine the difference in gameplay time making this game longer. There really isn't much other size mention, though 10 hours for episodic content aint bad, the half life episodes were at about 6 hours predicted max when mentioned.

Also I think this was mentioned before in another preview, though not sure which one...

come on you don't expect Xbox.com to know. It's the same sorta estimation as when gmaestop or ebgames announce the games release date before anything have been confirmed.

e.g Halo 3 had a release date of 1 of January 2007 after it was announced at E3.

However, i don't believe that xbox is such cocky about the 360 with the "winning console". Although i have a 360 of my own (and not a PS3), i just hate these console wars and i don't believe that the actual companies are provoking all this fanboyinism.

I wasnt talking about console wars. I was just posting here some new news that I found. If it says it on Xbox.com then it can only be:

Info from Rokcstar

Info from Microsoft

or speculation on behalf of the writer of the news on xbox.com

yeah don't worry mate i'm not saying that you're starting console wars, i'm saying that Microsoft is a bit too cocky which isn't good for them.

james_root

IMDB & Wikipedia are NOT reliable! didnt you even see this?

IMDB & Wikipedia are NOT reliable! didnt you even see this?

yeah but it was posted on the XBOX.COM not wikipedia.

YEah bt now r* have announced that extra content will be released for both consoles. And they wont give one better content.

They havent said anything aout episodic content (I don't think)...

I just read it on wikipedia. It seems its pretty old "news". But we somehow missed it:)

Xbox.com

Interesting bit:

GTA IV will take the form of two distinct episodes, both downloadable from Xbox Live and each a minimum of 10 hours long.

Is that speculation on part of MS, or an agreement, or an assurement from Rockstar.

It seems it was written right after X06.

Well, I added that you see. And yes, I indeed saw it on the official Xbox site so it must be official.

Oh, and a lot of people have got the wrong idea about Wikipedia. Things MUST be backed up by sources or it gets removed. So think about that and shut your trap next time you immediately go screaming about how unreliable Wikipedia is.

Probably 10 hours of Pizza missions or something. dozingoff.gif

No. Fail.

Bleh, ill end up getting 360. Seems its getting the edge.

user posted image

Also it will be great if those 10 hrs of Pizza Missions make all of us pay through our a**. notify.gif

YEah bt now r* have announced that extra content will be released for both consoles.

Where the hell did you get that from? Have I missed something?

YEah bt now r* have announced that extra content will be released for both consoles.

No, you haven't.

In the first preview (by GameInformer) it was told that the game versions for both consoles would be identical except the extra episodes had been announced yet for Xbox 360 only.

If they are putting a time frame on the playing content for an add on to a GTA game, it most likely wont be and added piece of the map like some have said. Probably som missions wich flow one after another.

humancorpse

Hm, now Im starting to lean more against getting the 360....

Wait till october to see the PS3 version in action. We havent seen it yet. Then, when we know everything, then its safe to make a move. But Xbox wouldnt be a bad move anyway.

The problem is with the other games. We dont know which exclusives each system will have.

But Im sure about one thing. And that is that PS3 will last long because it is very future proof. Sony are good at that. Thats why its 600$.

Im fan of gamng in general. I dont want to start a flame war.

No, you haven't.

In the first preview (by GameInformer) it was told that the game versions for both consoles would be identical except the extra episodes had been announced yet for Xbox 360 only.

Yes, but in one of the magazine interviews the said that both will have downloadable content, and that it will be different on the ps3 than on the 360. I read about it on gtaforums.

Also it will be great if those 10 hrs of Pizza Missions make all of us pay through our a**. notify.gif

I allowed myself to get pretty hyped over this "DLC" thing, but news like this is helping me to come back down to earth. I mean, I thought they might be LCS/VCS-esque type add ons, but I don't think so now. Especially with the short time span between the release and the "episodes".

The word "episode" just means "happening". They might be hyping it as new stories or missions, but pizza-missions (lol) no matter how unlikely that is, is still in line with "episodes".

I wonder if R* have actually used (or even agree with using) that word? Or is it Microsoft twisting/hyping things like they usually do? Either way, with them only being 10hrs each, and there being good chances that PS3 will get something as well, eventually, I now agree with what humancorpse said:

Suction Testicle Ban

deathdealer

No, you haven't.

Yes, but in one of the magazine interviews the said that both will have downloadable content, and that it will be different on the ps3 than on the 360. I read about it on gtaforums.

sorry dude, i don't remember reading that in any mag article.

No. Fail.

Bleh, ill end up getting 360. Seems its getting the edge.

You mean that this wasn’t a hint?

user posted image