Spider-Man abilities on GTA?

Gouveia

Well dudes, I was thinking, can it be posible to make webslingin, webshooting and all those cool abilities that spidey have on GTA? It would be awesome to put up a Black Spidey costume and start webslinging around.... Already posted this on Misc., but they said here would be better

the idea is retard, just kidding ya. everything is possible- remember that. the effort, however, needed to get it to work is lot more consuming that SCJ mod was AND you have to have a exceptional skills in math to imagine (on fly) how time consuming this task will be.

task is quite easy but time consuming.

I know, for a coder like you it should be easy... Is it posible to make the player go where he is aiming IF it is a building? that could be like the "zip" ability... The hardest would be making it swing, because I think it'll need much more that only coding

it is not question of coding ability, really. time is a factor here. you can do that, the things you mentioned are easy/medium by the means of coding (pure math almost). what is extra- you need resources:

-1+ object models

-6+ animations

-3+ sounds

-1 skin model

i personally do not like including extra things (ok animations are fine and easy).

Well, I think that if that can be made, then you can make only the major part, without any sounds or models. If you need a web model, I could ask someone to model it (I suck at modelling). And can any rope ingame be used, like SWATs chopper rope? That could be a web...

do i sound like a salvation army? i am not doing it my friend, i am here to tell you: it is possible, maybe give some ideas how to code it. you can not create ropes just like that, you will have to create model/(s) and then rotate/move them in way that it looks/behaves like one, same with the actor.

OK dude, sorry to be a pain in the ass... I'll try to make some coding on it... I'll ask if I need help...

now you are talking, i like that. take care and do not hesitate to ask for help when you need it.

I'll take some looks on your SCJ mod and start making some basics. No extra stuff, only coding and math.

EDIT:sh*t, can't understand a thing... Don't bother about this. When I get more experience on SA coding I'll try to make it.

Edited by VinnyGouveia

tomworld10

Hi,

First, I really got to tell you something, if you want to play Spiderman the best and easiest way is to GET THE SPIDERMAN GAME.

The spiderman serie (the video game) is one of the first "GTA-like" and will always be much much better than any GTA SA mod.

Coding is very fun but I advise you to find a easier topic to start coding. Like make a "both-side" CJ just like Peter Parker does.

Like pressing a key to become bad CJ, for a start don't worry about the model, use toreno's model or mad dog's.

like:

if keypressed

change player model

Then you can make something like if it night you become bad CJ, and by day good CJ.

if time = night

change player model

Then like PLPynton said everything is possible. But in coding you got to start little. Don't try to do something that is very hard straight away, al you will get will be deception.

Get something easy working and then add more features and more and more.... and faster as you thought you might get a mod.

start easy mate and

Have fun