mIRC script problem

matthiasvegh

matthiasvegh

right. definately somewhere in an old post, but i could not find it, so help plz. right i downloaded the general scripts, to check it out, and edit. i use default settings. i start server. i edit vcmp.ini for correct info. i start m irc. i load /load -rs vcmp.mrc. i get the meesage in the window, VCMP General Use Scripts v6.11 - Loaded/Started i get this meesage. now, mirc does not connect to the server, the server doesnt give me a log, + the scripts wont work in game. help plz

Vercetti Gangsta

Are you sure you've used the correct server password and port? Remember, the rcon port differs from the server port.

I've had same problem too. I don't remember how, but I fixed it.

2 things:

Remember, first launch your server and then start scripts.

Oh, and if welcome message doesn't work, find line no. 228 (looks like this:)

alias vcmp.welcome !return $iif($readini(vcmp.options.ini,OPTIONS,WELCOME),$v1,Welcome to our Server!)

and paste this code:

alias vcmp.welcome !return $iif($readini(vcmp.ini,MAIN,WELCOME),$v1,Welcome to our Server!)

there.

Edited by adamale

matthiasvegh

ok, did what adamale siad, replaced code in line 228 started server, loaded script in mirc. went to vcmp, connected to my server, and it just, says, connecting to 85.66.164.208:5000

and never ends. i quit, go bak to mirc, and it still hasnt connected, just loaded. i check the server, no trace of an rcon logon. any help??

matthiasvegh

sorry 4 double post, would the fact that the vcmp.mrc relies on vcmp.options.ini and that there is no such file, be a problem?? biggrin.gif ok, could n e 1 tell me what to replace it with?? coz there loads of it, perhaps i should rename vcmp.data.ini to vcmp.options.ini ? but the code is at the start of vcmp.mrc, so maybe i should just edit it.

vcmp.options.ini will be created when u join server (but remember that scipts must run).

Don't know what's wrong with your script. I think u should check IP and Rcon Port again.

If it says "connecting to ..." that means u r not connected to server. So I think u typed wrong IP or a Server Port.

Oh, and do not rename any files : )

matthiasvegh

ye im working, the port and ips are ok! reinstalled my firewall (zonelabs biggrin.gif ) so should work now. edit: irc now working!! so if n e 1 has the problem, uninstall zone alarm

Edited by matthiasvegh