4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Sign in to follow this  
jnzooger

How to 100%

jnzooger

What does it take to 100% the first few games in the GTA series? (GTA, L69, L61, GTA2) Is there a percentage complete meter anywhere? (Couldn't find one...) Also, if you fail a mission and save later, when you go back to the level and redo that mission, do you have to redo the missions you didn't fail as well? (Or can you?)

Edit: Sorry for so many questions, I'm consitering adding to my sig after they are all 100%ed.

Niteye

There is no 100% in the GTA's before III. You complete a stage when you have reached a certain ammount of money which you can obtain however you like (missions is the fastest though).

In GTA1 and London, if you fail the mission you can't do it again. You can't even save in those GTA's, except for between chapters it saves automatically.

In GTA2, you can try to do a mission over and over again until you pass it just like in the 3D GTA's.

You can however do all the missions, find all the secrets and pick up all the tokens (they're like hidden packages) for you personal achievement. If you press F6 to pause, you will see missions passed out of total missions, tokens found, secret car missions completed etc,...

Edited by Niteye

jnzooger

In GTA1 and London, if you fail the mission you can't do it again. You can't even save in those GTA's, except for between chapters it saves automatically.

This part I know. tounge2.gif What I was wondering is after you complete the "story" and go back to the different levels, are all the phones ringing again, or just the ones you haven't passed on previous times in the area?

You can however do all the missions, find all the secrets and pick up all the tokens (they're like hidden packages) for you personal achievement. If you press F6 to pause, you will see missions passed out of total missions,  tokens found, secret car missions completed etc,...

Is this part only for GTA2, or is it for all of them? I dislike how they never really tell you what F# keys to use... suicidal.gif

Thanks.

oipolloi

When you start a saved level it's like starting again, you have no money and no missions done, so if you fail some missions but pass the level you can then go back and re-do it to try and beat the missions properly. I guess 100% completion (though there's no offical record) would count as beating all the phone missions, all the hidden missions, and all the kill frenzies, and in Vice City getting all the KF rewards (you have to pick up the reward from somewhere after beating it). Also getting at least one Gouranga per stage, and in Vice City stealing the cars where RC cars get sent after you for stealing it and surviving the attack (which can be great fun)

Oh yeah, the "original trilogy" show you how many missions you have done out of the total when you press F5, i think. Also it shows how much money you need to make to beat the level

jnzooger

Awesome, thanks! Do you by any chance have a checklist for each game that lists all the "100%" stuff? If not, its cool...I can probably find that stuff on my own.

TheJkWhoSaysNi

In GTA1 when you press F6 it lists missions and "Secrets" what are the secrets?

oipolloi

There are some parked cars with hidden missions in, one of the first ones is just to the west of the phones in Liberty City stage 1, its a purple Beast GTS

mmm chocolate

...yeah...does anyone have a list of where all the secrets are?

and...whats a gouranga?

Sektor

GOURANGA is displayed when you run over a line of Krishnas (guys wearing orange and chanting). It means "be happy".

mmm chocolate

thanks...and I assume that the secrets are just various cars hidden around the city.

mjw911
What does it take to 100% the first few games in the GTA series? (GTA, L69, L61, GTA2) Is there a percentage complete meter anywhere? (Couldn't find one...) Also, if you fail a mission and save later, when you go back to the level and redo that mission, do you have to redo the missions you didn't fail as well? (Or can you?)

Edit: Sorry for so many questions, I'm consitering adding to my sig after they are all 100%ed.

how did you get your signature?? thats pretty cool!

_Silent.Bob_

Hi!

To all that are wondering what the secrets are : KILL FRENZY !!! Ring any bells? In each chapter, there are a number of kill frenzies to be done. In Liberty City, it's just crates with machine guns in them. But in San Andreas and Vice City, there are also rocket launchers and flame throwers, plus some vehicle kill frenzies (Tanks, RC Cars Vans, Jesus Trucks and Monster Bugs) which are the best imo. I'm not sure if there's a reward for doing them all in LC, but there's definitely one in SA. I think i remember one in VC also but i'll try to check all that.

For those who don't want to look for the KFs endlessly, here's a site that lists all Kill Frenzies (make sure to check the handy maps): http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Zone/7815/secrets.htm

Or you could just check (even change!) the exact locations in your mission.ini file and find them with porkcharsui coordinates on.

I'm not promising anything yet, but i'm in the mood for playing GTA I lately (too much GTA IV wink.gif so i might try to get all kill frenzies in each city to check what the rewards are (i'm just sure about the one in SA) and maybe do some screen shots. Maybe some of you guys remember all this KF stuff, or want to see it.

OK, later.

Silent Bob.

PS: oh yeah, and GOURANGAs are no secrets, but they rule!

Edited by _Silent.Bob_

B-$hep

In GTA2, if you fail Kill Frenzy and then save game, then you can't do that KF again.

If you fail it then it will not appear again.

Correct me, if im wrong.