Windows Reboots

DiVaio

Guys, I've got a problem. Everytime I start up my PC it reboots as soon as my desktop shows up. While rebooting it says somewhere in the beginning loading screens that there's an unvalid boot.ini. Does someone know how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance

D

Well, that's going to be difficult, since I don't have the windows XP disc. The shop I bought my PC at installed XP, so hopefully there's another solution next to bringing my pc to the shop.

Tornado Rex
Well, that's going to be difficult, since I don't have the windows XP disc. The shop I bought my PC at installed XP, so hopefully there's another solution next to bringing my pc to the shop.

Why the hell didn't they give you your XP cd? I'd call the shop and get your CD asap. There's no reason they can't give you a cd. It pisses me off so much that all these little shops just who build computers for people hardly ever give them their cds.

Actually writing boot.ini by hand isn't difficult

Some help at http://www.dewassoc.com/kbase/multiboot/boot_ini.htm

Maybe for you, but I tried reading the manual and have no idea what to do. I know jack sh*t about computers, so creating a new Boot.ini is way too difficult for me. Thanks for the help anyway.

Does anybody know this problem and a simple solution? Please let me know. Thanks.

lesfleanut

Maybe for you, but I tried reading the manual and have no idea what to do. I know jack sh*t about computers, so creating a new Boot.ini is way too difficult for me. Thanks for the help anyway.

Does anybody know this problem and a simple solution? Please let me know. Thanks.

That was the easy way. Other ways include reinstalling windows and taking it to the shop.

That was the easy way. Other ways include reinstalling windows and taking it to the shop.

Aight, so that leaves me two options: Bringing my pc back to the shop or try to figure out the Boot.ini. I'll guess I'll go for the second one, thanks for the help, hopefully I'll figure it out or maybe someone I know knows how to do it.

D

Well, hope nothing else goes wrong...

@lesfleanut--Moof!

dertyjerzian
Well, hope nothing else goes wrong...

@lesfleanut--Moof!

was your reply just a hidden shout out?

on-topic: You can "acquire" a "back up" windows CD as long as you have a valid product key.

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.

Why the hell didn't they give you your XP cd? I'd call the shop and get your CD asap. There's no reason they can't give you a cd. It pisses me off so much that all these little shops just who build computers for people hardly ever give them their cds.

I just found the box I got when I bought my pc and there were a couple of cd's in 'em. One of them was a Windows XP recovery disc. Is that the one you meant?

Tornado Rex

I just found the box I got when I bought my pc and there were a couple of cd's in 'em. One of them was a Windows XP recovery disc. Is that the one you meant?

Yeah. That's the one you should use using Simon's method.

if ou can not reach desk with safe mode, try bootdisk www.bootdisk.com/

or the better... install a Linux partition

and let Linux (i prefer suse) build you a new boot ini.

or just search the net for a boot.ini that seems fitting.

and secondary or slave that hard drive on a working pc and copy and paste it over.

but that very first link that guy posted.. is pretty simple also.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.