My attempt at making an abstract sig

[ - RaZoR* >

[ - RaZoR* >

Hi all, I joined this forum recently after having read around as a guest for quite a while.

I tried to make an abstract sig, because I always loved abstract. It just looks so cool colgate.gif

user posted image

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/6800/razoravatar1ye4.jpg

Comments & Crits welcome icon14.gif

p.s. does anybody have a good technique for making borders?

Edited by [ - RaZoR* >

sad.gif It's not loading for me. Imageshack must be on the fritz.

As far as borders go, draw them in with the add selection tool.

Alternatively, you could select the entire image (Ctrl+A) and then go to Selection>Modify>Border.

The only problem with the second option is that the border is feathered by default. I haven't bothered to figure out how to change that.

Another border technique: Crtl+A then Edit>Stroke

About the sig - nice background image, imo it would look better if it had higher contrast. I don't like the lines surrounding text much, they feel kinda slapped on. You should add more 2d stuff, so the sig wouldn't look too plain.

Ah, thar she be.

I quite like it. I'd trim off the top so that that the box around "razor" matches the aspect ration of the entire sig, but other than that it's pretty sweet, m'man.

[ - RaZoR* >

Thanks for the comments guys smile.gif

@ Otter : The sig has to be cropped wink.gif I just didn't get around to doing it because i don't think I will use it, it was just a learning thing

@ gkl : Thanks for the border technique wink.gif will check it out now! You're right, it does look plain, but, since i am not very good at adding 2D elements, i didn't want to ruin it!! tounge2.gif

Thanks again for all your comments wink.gif Very much appreciated

well, the idea of a good graphically intensive sig is to... be painstakingly created.

therefore, work your arse off to make some cool 2D effects that make the sig look both "cool" and "well made"

you've got the niche threedee bits in there, but making a weird spline in 3DS takes ~5min.

use the force! and when I say the force, I mean the drawing tools in PS...

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.