Making a simple car from taxi

StingR

I want to make a simple version of taxi, without taxi logo, like in premier in SA.

Here's a picture of the car:

user posted image

Only the bumpers painted, and it hasn't got textures

I removed the taxi logo from the roof, and i replaced the txd file and the dff file with the admiral's dff & txd files.

The model and the texure is same, so the model why not using the texture?

with wut did u export it with?

i use gmax i made a vc taxi into a ped car it worked but it wasnt carcols compatible sorry for quoting myself but always wanted to do that

I used Zmodeler v1.07b

I'm very beginner modeller, my father learned how to model in Mafia (He made the Ikarus Mod for it) and we tried to model in Vice City, but it hasn't got textures.

get gmax here is link

http://www.turbosquid.com/gmax

and then u need kams script here it is it is in one folder named gtamax.rar

http://w3.jaisz.hu/~t03dlp/tutorial/Files_pack.ZIP

this is only if u want it

edit---------------------

i released my ped taxi and it has a sabre turbo paint job since i forgot how to make car color compatible ill post link up as soon as it is approved

Edited by jp245

sry for duble post but i got the car on gtagarage here link

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=2469

screen

user posted image

it was ez to make the no logo taxi but i dont know how to take of the police siren off the cop car that going to be hard to learn there you go theres your ped taxi(premier)

Edited by jp245

• 3 weeks later...

Man, it's a nice job!Only the police car carcols compatible fully, i'm tried to make a simple car from police car, and i read a tutorial here in GTAForums, about how to show textures in Zmodeler v1.07b, it showed, but when i exported the changed model and i put it into the game, that car is disappeared, i'm replaced it with washington (and i tried the same with admiral) and that car i replaced with the civilian police car, that's just disappeared...

I'm now working on my mod, the GTA: Vice City Stories '85 Mod.

It would has some car model changes, but i can't model very well smile.gif

Here are some pics:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

If you are interested, here are another pictures (the sabre turbo now not red, it's gray)

Edited by StingR

do you have a team for your vc mod if not then can i be in it i am good texturer sometimes confused.gif

If you want to make the vehicles fully carcols compatible, then assign the Two body textures [PRIM] and [sEC]. The game engine should then apply a color to these two parts.

I'm working alone, i can do mapping, veichle and weapon spawns and a little car texturing smile.gif

I'm now doing everything i can do, i made 3 tunnels, a lot of car spawns, a new island, i'm multiplied skyscrapers, and i changed some rides (little texturing, handling, carcols)

You can be in my little mod team, but i'll have to find some people to make new missions.

I can send you my current modifications in an E-mail or in MSN Messenger.

Edited by StingR

• 2 weeks later...
Kaneda_4_life
Man, it's a nice job!Only the police car carcols compatible fully, i'm tried to make a simple car from police car, and i read a tutorial here in GTAForums, about how to show textures in Zmodeler v1.07b, it showed, but when i exported the changed model and i put it into the game, that car is disappeared, i'm replaced it with washington (and i tried the same with admiral) and that car i replaced with the civilian police car, that's just disappeared...

I'm now working on my mod, the GTA: Vice City Stories '85 Mod.

It would has some car model changes, but i can't model very well smile.gif

Here are some pics:

[(DELETED THE PICS)]

If you are interested, here are another pictures (the sabre turbo now not red, it's gray)

what program did u used? Gmax too? biggrin.gif