Logitech G11 keyboard

matthew1g

I bought a logitech G11 keyboard this week and installted it with the drivers inclosed with the box and stuff. Everything is installed correcty as far as I know and I've removed the old drivers of the crappy PS2 keyboard I had. Yet the media keys on top do not work. I've tried doing clean reinstalls of the drivers. however it didn't work. I tried the keyboard on a friend's PC who has a multimedia PS2 keyboard with the same play/pause etc etc buttons. The media buttons on my G11 worked instantly on his PC even though I didn't install the drivers on his PC and the drivers from his own keyboard was installed.

What could be causing the media keys not working on my PC?

user posted image

user posted image

Fozzy Fozborne

Just out of curiosity, are they the drivers that came on the CD or the newest ones from the internet? If they are on the internet, try downloading the latest here.

If that doesn't work, try right-clicking on "My Computer" and clicking on properties. On the pop-up window, click the hardware tab, then "device manager". Device manager should open up. Click the + next to keyboards then click on the keyboard that comes up. Now right-click and select properties. Click the driver tab then click uninstall. Now reinstall the latest drivers from the Logitech webiste above.

If that doesn't help, try completely uninstalling Logitech drivers then downloading Driver Cleaner Pro. Install it, restart in safemode (press F8 before the windows loading comes up then select safe mode). When in safe mode, open Driver Cleaner then click on tools, then "Cab Cleaner". Start with the first option (should be driver.cab) then click "Start". Clean all the driver cab files. After cleaning all of them, restart and reinstall the latest drivers from the Logitech Website above.

Edited by Fozzy Fozborne

did both options but the keys still don't work sad.gif

user posted image

user posted image

SIP YEK NOD
did you just install the drivers, or did you install the whole logitech manager dealie. i know with my set for the remote to work, the software needs to be isntalled, but the volume, play, pause etc on the keyboard work.
user posted image

Tornado Rex

A little off topic, but I have a question for you. How do you like the keyboard? I've been seriously looking into getting a new keyboard and this one caught my eye, but before I drop $70 or whatever it is I'd like to get some feedback on it.

As for your problem, have you tried using the buttons without installing the drivers? Sometimes it works out of the box just fine.

GTA3Freak-2001

While I haven't got the G11 I have got the G15 which is the same keyboard just with the extra flip-up LCD screen that you can have display time, date, media information, system info, even some game related info. Its honestly a great keyboard, the extra G- Keys are great for setting up with your favourite shortcuts. The best part is that the keys don't fade, they are properly itched into the keys unlike previous Logitech keys. There's also the switch that turns off the windows key so you don't accidentally hit it ingame which is nifty.

did you just install the drivers, or did you install the whole logitech manager dealie. i know with my set for the remote to work, the software needs to be isntalled, but the volume, play, pause etc on the keyboard work.

This is what I got, I installed the first one :-

user posted image

A little off topic, but I have a question for you. How do you like the keyboard? I've been seriously looking into getting a new keyboard and this one caught my eye, but before I drop $70 or whatever it is I'd like to get some feedback on it.

As for your problem, have you tried using the buttons without installing the drivers? Sometimes it works out of the box just fine.

Yes I did try using the buttons without any drivers. I don't know what's up with my PC not reading the media keys confused.gif

as for the off topic question. The change from my previous cheapo keyboard to this was like changing from a rolling box on wheels to a jaguar. The design is really good and ergonomic. It feels sturdy. G keys come really in handy if you get around to messing with them. all the keys are illuminated with 3 levels- off, medium and bright. I keep it on bright all the time. It's a really good keyboard. Best of all is, it has 2 USB 1.1 ports on the back. I connect my pen drive to it all the time and it works fine. the only downside they have is that it can only supply up to 100mAh or power meaning that you can't connect things such as mice, but it's still usefull in the end. The switch which turns off the windows button comes in handy too in-game.

The only trouble with is that when you start using it, you'll keep hitting the G keys on the side instead of the esc,caps,tab shift etc, but you'll get used to it in no time...

I recommend

user posted image

user posted image

*bump* I stilll haven't fixed the problem. If it helps this is how the device manager looks:-

user posted image

For some reason all of the HID compliant devices, HID keyboards and USB human etc are all on location 0 sad.gif Should I go about uninstalling them?

user posted image

user posted image

Tornado Rex

Welp I went ahead and picked one of these bad boys up today. So far I'm really liking it biggrin.gif

It's a little weird getting used to not hitting 'G16' for 'Ctrl' though tounge.gif but the overall feel of the keys (when typing, etc) is very nice. Also the lights own since I love to game in the dark (especially scary games). The ability to turn off the Windows key when playing my games owns as well. Now I just have to get a nice gaming mouse to go with it.

As for the media keys, mine work fine as long as Windows Media Player is open so I'm still pretty stumped on your problem.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.