Drift type mod :D

korncob

I was googling around because i saw a youtube vid for a tokyo drift mod for san andreas and found that the only way to get it is from warez (pirated game download) and i found another for gtavc also but it was warez also and I really don't want to do that....

Anywho, I was thinking I could make one myself and what I've done so far is made my own handling lines (one for light cars, medium weight cars, and another for muscle cars) and I have started adding some already made cars I found around gtagarage and gtaplace and so far about 3 cars are added in (I need to add like 10 others that I found)

The reason I am posting this is because I have never,ever modded before and I figured out how to add cars/change handlings/etc. just yesterday and I am wondering, what should I add to this mod? It seems really really dry with just changing most of the cars into cooler looking cars and then making them more driftable, there would first of all be no way to get them without a trainer or without looking for hours on end trying to find them and then if they break, etc.

Another thing is san andreas map, for the most part, is not extremely good for drifting mostly because of peds and other cars and lightpoles(*kicks another lightpole*) and I was thinking maybe take that stuff out, but then there wouldn't be a way to get cars..

(btw I saw http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=252168 and thats another reason why I started, and it's why I posted here about it.)

=^^=

edit : I would love it if anyone wants to help me in making this also as i just started modding a couple days ago but I used to mod for NwN so I have experience somewhat ^^

the cars I've already modified and need to do texture on :

Sultan

euros

bravura - eclipse

esperanto

flash - Nissan 350 Z WAA (doesn't look the same as the perennial's trust me)

perennial - Nissan 350z , moddable in transfender

buffalo

majestic - Nissan Skyline GT-R Underground Edition, blue vinyl(theres a red and green i'll use for other cars later)

jester - Opel Speedster

elegy - Peugeot 406 GTI

bullet - Toyota MR-2 Spider[Tuned]

club - Toyota Celica (200x model)

pheonix - Toyota Supra FnF Edition

comet

banshee (might leave it the same model)

supergt - changing this into a spyder model i think

Edited by korncob

The reason I am posting this is because I have never,ever modded before and I figured out how to add cars/change handlings/etc. [...]Another thing is san andreas map, for the most part, is not extremely good for drifting mostly because of peds and other cars and lightpoles(*kicks another lightpole*) and I was thinking maybe take that stuff out, but then there wouldn't be a way to get cars..

do you you mean you want to delete the cars from the streets? and peds?

if you want that, i have it, 'cos im making a zombie mod and i had to delete the cars from streets , so easy, and i can delete the pes too. about the ligths, there is a mod that make them dont have collision with it. rah.gif

about the car spawn in the game i can tell you how to do it

Yl8KS.jpg

The reason I am posting this is because I have never,ever modded before and I figured out how to add cars/change handlings/etc. [...]Another thing is san andreas map, for the most part, is not extremely good for drifting mostly because of peds and other cars and lightpoles(*kicks another lightpole*) and I was thinking maybe take that stuff out, but then there wouldn't be a way to get cars..

do you you mean you want to delete the cars from the streets? and peds?

if you want that, i have it, 'cos im making a zombie mod and i had to delete the cars from streets , so easy, and i can delete the pes too. about the ligths, there is a mod that make them dont have collision with it. rah.gif

about the car spawn in the game i can tell you how to do it

hmm...I guess I'm looking for no collision with light poles so that the streets become wider, no cars, and fewer peds which I can do the last two by editing pedgrp and cargrp or whatever

and car spawning ingame? If if lets you make your own list that'd work.

and car spawning ingame? If if lets you make your own list that'd work.

there are tutorials that explaind you very well howq to spwan cars in the game with the main.scm

Yl8KS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just an fyi I'm still making this

Though I don't plan on releasing it nor completing it seeing as noone cares about it.

Thanks for your help goin-god

• 4 weeks later...

dont stop PLEASE because i want to have a good drifting mod and cant find one PLease do this PLEASE

dertyjerzian

Nothing is "warez" if you have bought the license. Nothing. Not even Windows. Truly own SA? Then get your drift on!

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.