Chicago gets the US olympic bid

Cuse510

The US Olympic committee just picked Chicago over LA to be the US bid for the 2016 summer games. From what I've heard, there's a decent chance that it will be selected by the IOC because it will have been a while since the Olympics were in North America. It will probably be up against Madrid, Prague, Rome, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo.

The IOC is going to award the bid in October of 2009, so it's a long time away, but it's still pretty exciting. We've never hosted the games before, so if we won the bid that would be awesome icon14.gif

I say Rio De Janeiro. Mostly because I am bitter that they choose Chicago over LA.

heh, LA's already had the games. Twice. Chicago needs a chance.

And I dont think Rio would work out that well, just judging by its reputation for crime and corruption... Prague would be pretty cool though

Personally I'm happy about it, because more jobs and less crime awaits the city of broad shoulders. We'll never get a Gta game probably, but at least we have a good chance to host the Olympics. If we get it, they'll be a second NFL team in Chicago( Washington Park) Neighborhood with 80,000+seats. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Madrid, Prague, Rome, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo.

I'd say the most competition would come from Rio de Janeiro.

London has taken the European spot for a period of time, so no Prague, Rome or Madrid. And the Beijing Olympics would mean it is too soon for Tokyo to have a crack.

Furthermore, Brazil's economy has been pwning for years now, a real silent achiever. My dad went there for business in 2003 and couldn't stop singing their praises. I would think they have the resources, both human and financial, to undertake an Olympics.

Madrid, Prague, Rome, Rio de Janeiro and Tokyo.

I'd say the most competition would come from Rio de Janeiro.

London has taken the European spot for a period of time, so no Prague, Rome or Madrid. And the Beijing Olympics would mean it is too soon for Tokyo to have a crack.

Furthermore, Brazil's economy has been pwning for years now, a real silent achiever. My dad went there for business in 2003 and couldn't stop singing their praises. I would think they have the resources, both human and financial, to undertake an Olympics.

Not to mention all the Brazilian booty.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.