7 unlockable locations

Nightfall53

I counted 2--

starfish island, west island-- and with know how, you can get anywhere on the map in a few minutes (without unlocking anything)-- there is a heli available at the start of the game on the west island-- and several ways have been discovered to get over right away.

feel free to link to the vid though...

perhaps they count buildings--

Edited by Spuds725

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

My ways is faster biggrin.gif

I found it in Feb 2003...

http://www.freewebs.com/spuds725/barrier.wmv

I thought you were going to show the packer in the film studio method--- I've actually never seen/heard of that method.

There are several other ways too... there is a thread detailing the ways around here somewhere... search would be nice...

//edit//

Here is some described-- not the thread I was looking for.... (found via google)-- still looking...

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=198163

//edit #2//

I think this is the thread I cobbled together of different methods a while back...

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?act=ST&f=70&t=206758

it is not complete... I know there is a method with an ambulance to get over the starfish island barrier.

Also a method where you get a wanted level and jack a police boat near the light house or on the beach... can't remember exactly.

Edited by Spuds725

7744.png

"I want to design a video game where you take care of all the people shot in all the

other video games.... It's called Busy Hospital II" -- Demetri Martin

RIP BDP

I think the topic starter is talking about

. In that case, it's a mod for the PC version. All the info you need, along with how to download the mod, is in the video's description on YouTube.

I always use the one where you grab the Ambulance from the southernmost hospital (right near the bridge from the east island direct to Vice Port on the west), and then drive around to where Cortez's yacht is moored. Reverse up into the barrier preventing access to the moored boats, get out, jump on the bonnet, jump on the top and then jump at the barrier. It's not fully solid at the top and after a few tries Tommy will fall through to the other side. Then just grab a boat and head over.

Heihachi_73

I do a similar thing at the piers - I use the white Admiral from the start of the game and push it into the water then jump on its roof and hop across to the pier (It's like the Windows XP firewall!). Than all you have to do is get $1000 and you've got yourself that crappy Skumole Shack to save in! On the down side you can't do story missions, but you can do the Test Track etc, and *Ring events (I think), and of course taxi/paramedic/fire/vigilante missions.

On the down side you can't do story missions, but you can do the Test Track etc, and *Ring events (I think), and of course taxi/paramedic/fire/vigilante missions.

I use the trick to collect all 100 hidden packages, do the rampages and unique stunt jumps on the west island and do Firefighter missions before starting a mission.

Tommy Dickfingers

Ace, i'm gonna try one of these methods.

The many, many times I have completed Vice City (most of them 100%) I have never been to the other island first and done all the side missions, and got all the packages, etc.

I use the trick to collect all 100 hidden packages, do the rampages and unique stunt jumps on the west island and do Firefighter missions before starting a mission.

If you try to start an R3 mission while on an island not yet unlocked, the mission will textually appear to begin, but no point/objectives will be plotted. I've use Hyman Condos, a Firetruck, and a Packer to jump the Firetruck onto Prawn Island and get to it that way. Of course the much easier way is to just do the Molotov rampage at the south end of the beach and when the Firefighters come, either take the truck or make sure the game remembers it's there and do it afterwards.

All this talk and linking and no reference to the pinned thread this forum has held for years here. For shame! tounge.gif

liesofsilence

Btw, the video he was talking about in the first post can be found