Can't work it out!

JGJONES

I have downloaded the VC2SA Total Conversion from gta world mods and i can't work out how to install it correctly. I run setup.exe and do as the read-me says, but when i try to run it, it gets to the loading screen that says "VC2SA, BETA 1" then doesn't get to the main menu and quits with the error on screen saying "gta_sa.exe encountered a problem and needs to close".

Can anyone give me Exact instructions on how to install it please.

Thanks in advance

Have you got version one of SA? If not, be sure to downgrade your EXE as this is necessary for most modifications (run a Google search, no links will be provided here).

Yep, i have version 1.0 as far as i know. I am able to install vehicles, player mods,weapon mods and in the past i installed LC conversion to SA and also Myraid Islands. When i didn't want either of those mods i reinstalled SA and it it has still been working fine like it was meant to. Currently i have three car mods installed: LSPD Chevy Impala, SFPD Chevy Impala and LVPD Chevy Impala. NOTE: I installed the Police cars a few hours ago after i couldn't work out how to install VC2SA correctly. But any help would be appreciated on how to get VC2SA installed correctly and working correctly.

Thanks in advance

I recently just got that TC.

heres what i did or do for mods. (by doing it my way you dont need to reinstall your game simply just delete and paste the back-up, You will also be able to have many SA games instead of just one, currently i have VC2SA and the Normal SA installed, BOTH work FINE)

=I always have a back up of GTASA in my back-ups folder (good to be organised)

=Now leave your modded one alone thats gonna be your san andreas game

=Now for your VC2SA game, Copy the UNMODDED san andreas in my case the one in the back-ups folder. and paste it anywhere you like better to put it in a totally different folder to your san andreas game for example if your SA is in

C:\Games\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas

then copy the UNMODDED one to

C:\Games\VC2SA\GTA San Andreas

=Run the setup.exe click the annehmen and look for the UNMODDED folder which you just copied.

=Click installerian and it should work.

Another way is to Install Or extract the setup.exe to a folder and copy paste its contents into your UNMODDED san andreas folder.

Check after installation that its 4.96GB not 419mb to make sure you done it right lol

Let me know how you go. As there are more things you might ask about like NO Vehicles on the road or No missions.

Edited by JohnPro

Thanks, but i don't think i will bother with that mod now. I think i will re-download Myraid Island and have that instead of VC2SA.

Never say Never, well you didnt but still lol its quiet cool, You might wanna try it again when they release the final version which will be in 600 years lol