GTA IV Forum!

Gabriel Constantin

Gabriel Constantin

As always, with every new release of GTA related media, there has been a massive influx of new members to GTA Forums. Now this isn't a bad thing. But it become a terrible problem when those new members start spamming and otherwise ruining the GTA IV section.

I've recently returned from a lengthy abscence from GTA Forums and the first thing I noticed when I returned was the unruly state of the GTA IV section. This has only seemed to increase in the past week-or-so as more and more people watch the new trailer and flood into the forums.

We're in serious need of order in the GTA IV section. Almost every topic opened is turning into a bowl of spam or flame fest. There's also a terrible number of reoccuring topics opening up within hours of the last, which need to be locked.

Racism and homophobia rule in that section, and it seems like most of the members in there care more about flaming eachother than talking about Grand Theft Auto.

What I'm asking, is that a few more Moderators be appointed that section of the forum. Or the ones that are already there, enforce their powers more often. Otherwise GTA IV is slowly going to fall to peices and very few potenial-new members are going to want to join if the section they want to talk in is just a flaming pile of spam!

Edited by Gabriel Constantin

<center><b>New Account:</b> JackyFiend

</center>

Agreed.

It's becoming a spam fest with dumbass stuff like having pedophilia in the game, using your dick as a weapon, to masturbating for health points.

bored.gif

EDIT- Yeah I did get a laugh out of those. wink.gif

Edited by Runestoner

Runestoner is now known as Runey.

This sort of thing has happened before with the anticipation of San Andreas, and I trust something similar happened when Vice City's release neared. My point is that I think this is just a necessary evil and there's not a whole lot we can do about the massive influx of new members due in the coming months except just ride it out.

EDIT: Runestoner, now those topics were just funny. wink.gif

Gabe, it has been brought up before - and trust me, it was far worse at the release of the trailer.

They can only do so much, short of banning everyone. Just report like a mofo. (I know I have been! rolleyes.gif )

It really needs some ledbys, srsly.

Although some topics are admittedly funny (steak), some are pure stupid and full of spam.

user posted image

The next few days will peak, what with the Game informer article. But don't worry, she'll blow over.

TenaciousD.
The next few days will peak, what with the Game informer article. But don't worry, she'll blow over.

Yah but with every piece of new info its going to get worse. It does need someone to go in there and sort it out.

/volunteers

U8p4GiO.png

2ZqLHCC.png

Its under control. Most staff have not even seen daylight since GTAF started filling up with new people. Warnings are being handed out and anyone being homophobic / Racist are either banned or warned.

Yes there are tons of repeat threads, and we are dealing with them.

Raindancer_5.gif

Perhaps we could disable the "new topic" option for a while...?

Why? Believe it or not, there are people with decent, intelligent ideas for the game.

Hard to believe, but there are.

I'm doing my part to help out with my Directory topic.

Runestoner is now known as Runey.

Perhaps we could disable the "new topic" option for a while...?

Why? Believe it or not, there are people with decent, intelligent ideas for the game.

Hard to believe, but there are.

I'm doing my part to help out with my Directory topic.

Because I haven't seen a new topic all week that couldn't have been covered elsewhere.