Land Of The Dead (2005)

Gabriel Constantin

Gabriel Constantin

Plot Synopsis

Another Romero Classic. Probaly the most intresting zombie film I've seen. Alike all of Romero's films in the Dead Series, Land Of The Dead is laden with social commentry. This movie focuses on the divide between the rich & the poor.

Whereas in reality the divide is only a metaphorical one, in Land Of The Dead Romero has exemplifies it by creating a physical divide between the rich & poor in this post-apocalyptic fortress. While the poor live on the outskirts of the city living a beggar's life, the rich and influencial live in pre-apocalyptic paradise known as "Fiddler's Green" at the centre of the city.

The film does well at showing the tension between the two castes and what people will do in order to jump ship or level the playing field. Land Of The Dead is intresting because of the way it deals with the aspect of intelligence within the zombie ranks, which creates a moral paradox for the trigger-happy zombie slayers.

Filled to the brim with action, horror and gore! Land Of The Dead is an exciting and intresting film for horror fans or amble movie watchers alike. Though the ending lacks luster compared to others of it's genre, it leaves the playing field open and allows the audience time to reflect on the issues it's raised.

Score: ****

Just thought I'd give my view on the movie, and open the topic to discussion. smile.gif

<center><b>New Account:</b> JackyFiend

</center>

You make it sound good.

To bad the acting is the sucks.

seriously.

I enjoyed it for it's over the top gore though. And about 2 years late on the review haha. But its all good.

sig.gif

Social: TOGA62

PS3: balltowellamp

Gabriel Constantin
You make it sound good.

To bad the acting is the sucks.

seriously.

I enjoyed it for it's over the top gore though. And about 2 years late on the review haha. But its all good.

I didn't notice the quality of the acting. Tbh, I was more intrested in the storyline and gore to focus to much on the acting. I only got to watch it through once.

Yes, I know. I've been meaning to watch the film since it came out. But I only got round to it the other day around my girlfriend's house. A bit late, maybe, but that just means more people have had the chance to watch it. wink.gif

<center><b>New Account:</b> JackyFiend

</center>

Scarface187

The acting was very sh*tty but the gore was awesome.

user posted image

yeah it was very cheesy acting. But then again, all of the zombie movies by romero have been a bit silly, except for the original.

the gore was fun though. inlove.gif

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

Another Romero Classic.

hahaha.. no.

Probably the worst zombie movie I've ever seen in my f*cking life. It was barely even a zombie movie, it was more like "stupid rotting people" versus "slightly less stupid humans". Intelligent zombies? Gimmie a f*cking break.

About the only interesting aspect of the movie was the armour clad truck. Every single death was due to zombies appearing out of no where.

Romero is past it if this is the best he can come up with. Even the Dawn of the Dead remake was far better than this.

FT2DB7K.png

Yeah I'd have to say this was pretty poor. I had high hopes for it with Dennis Hopper and John Leguizmo or however you spell it, in it.

The one thing I thought was rediculous was "smart" zombies. Sort of seems contradictory.

Yeah I'd have to say this was pretty poor. I had high hopes for it with Dennis Hopper and John Leguizmo or however you spell it, in it.

The one thing I thought was rediculous was "smart" zombies. Sort of seems contradictory.

The whole smart zombie thing was branching off of what was in "Day of the Dead" with the scientist that taught a zombie to talk. It's supposed to be the zombie disease evolving.

That said, it wasn't that great. It's good for a watch, but not much more than one time.

Zapruderfilm

Not the best, monkey zombies were retarded, but it was still nice and entertaining. Way better then the Dawn of the Dead remake. Baby zombie? WTF? The first five minutes are the only good ones in the movie.

Nothing will ever compare to the original Dawn of the Dead. Nothing.

iheartstm!

I think Shaun of the Dead is pretty close to, if not better than Dawn of the Dead.

I think Shaun of the Dead is pretty close to, if not better than Dawn of the Dead.

True. Dawn tends to drag on alot for me, or atleast the "directors cut" anyways.

Land was alright, good gore from KNB,but it felt way to hollywood to really fit into the Dead series.

Zapruderfilm

I didnt like Shawn of the Dead very much. Had some funny parts but it got too serious and wasnt funny enough, enough of the time, to be as cool as it could have been.

iheartstm!

I didnt like Shawn of the Dead very much. Had some funny parts but it got too serious and wasnt funny enough, enough of the time, to be as cool as it could have been.

Shawn of the Dead is better if you live in england, you get alot more of the jokes, in a way.

Shawn is a brilliant film makes me crack up from beginning to end.

RIP Rockstar Games

1998 - 2021

SHAUN

Yeah, I was going to say something but you got there before me. sneaky2.gif

You can't compare Shaun of the Dead, its a comedy.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.