Massive GTA IV Ad Hits NYC

Choke-A-Bitch

Choke-A-Bitch

The powers that be in the NYC political scene might not be happy with GTA IV's New York like setting, but that hasn't stopped Rockstar from touting their game on the streets of that illustrious city. And not just on the street, but on the entire side of a building!

user posted image

Source: Kotaku

Snake Without a Tongue

I can just imagine people walking by and thinking 'what's an iv?'

Those earlier advertisings of the IV in New York were pretty big clues of the location of the game...

Anyways, really nice find. Seems like Rockstar is going to be doing a lot of advertising in New York!

Awesome! Rockstar is really putting an effort of advertising IV

somebody actually confirmed that ad there..???

still could be photoshopped... sarcasm.gif

but just using the IV as a marketing tool is a smart move, exactly because people are gonna think "now what the f*** (it's new york) is a IV?"

Sheeple tend to fall for that..

Slim Trashman

Ha, they're always doing stuff like this. They did the same for San Andreas, but not in New York.

somebody actually confirmed that ad there..???

still could be photoshopped... sarcasm.gif

but just using the IV as a marketing tool is a smart move, exactly because people are gonna think "now what the f*** (it's new york) is a IV?"

Sheeple tend to fall for that..

Somones got good PS skills to make it look that good.

user posted image

GTA3Rockstar
I can just imagine people walking by and thinking 'what's an iv?'

Or what does the Number 4 have to do with anything if they have common sense. lol

Good advertisement

fbeRElG.png

Nick Papagiorgio

Quite big, and eye-catching. I wonder where in NYC this is.

And the panda... tounge.gif

Good find.

Could anyone confirm this, please? That panda in the lower-right corner just seems like a hint to your masturbation, as soon as you explode, realizing that all this was is a huge bullsh*tting scheme and the nyou gget on your knees and your head explodes and you cry and OMG PONY FARMS.

Needs one in Cheekagow.

Choke-A-Bitch

Could anyone confirm this, please? That panda in the lower-right corner just seems like a hint to your masturbation, as soon as you explode, realizing that all this was is a huge bullsh*tting scheme and the nyou gget on your knees and your head explodes and you cry and OMG PONY FARMS.

Needs one in Cheekagow.

click the source, idiot!

Vanilla Shake

Good find.

Looks like it could be in Queens or The Bronx.

Nice find though. Rockstar's definitely making sure that the world (at least NY) knows about how epic this game will be. However, I think that they should throw in the Grand Theft Auto logo, because just using the ominous "IV" might confuse some people.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

White Flight

Good find.

Looks like it could be in Queens or The Bronx.

Nice find though. Rockstar's definitely making sure that the world (at least NY) knows about how epic this game will be. However, I think that they should throw in the Grand Theft Auto logo, because just using the ominous "IV" might confuse some people.

Maybe people who don't know will be like: "IV? What is this? Oh, I gotta go to rockstargames.com/iv to find out!" Then they see the Trailer biggrin.gif and as soon as they've watched it in about 60 seconds, they will likely get addicted to GTA colgate.gif

Twang of Cauliflower

I can't wait until someone spray-paints an H on the left of the I.

...teh kicker.

Blind Joe Death
Wow that is one massive ad. Looks like Rockstar are really trying to prove to people that 'IV' is going to be a hell of a good game. rahkstar2.gif

dertyjerzian

found this while I was at kotaku just now. G4, may be old, I don't know.

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.

That's funny. I went to the car show on Friday, but didn't see this. It definitely wasn't in the Ferrari area, they only had 3 cars there, and that wasn't one of them. Must have been hidden away somewhere along the edges of the gallery where the tuning tents were.

Damn, I was just about to post that!

9H7Sj34.jpg

TenaciousD.

Jesus, that would certainly catch my attention.

There was a quite big poster at my local cinema for IV, I got a photo on my phone and nows its my wallpaper on my mobile.

U8p4GiO.png

2ZqLHCC.png

Oh, thats funny. I knew i saw that building before cool.gif.

Hmm.... ads from the same company on the same building years apart? It probably just means the same landlord is happy to take their money twice, but what if that is the building where Rockstar is located?

AndyGanteks

No wonder those small posters were in NYC before the trailer release,they were intended to promote GTA IV being just in NYC