[WIP] AMC Javelin Street Machine

strittan

Hi! I'm doing a modification of Turpuli's awesome AMC Javelin. Now I just want Turpuli himself to do the texture work etc..

a few screens from zmodeler:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

//strittan

Its a nice car. Really whicked! But. lemme get this stright. You did the mods by yourself, but you want turpoli to do ALL the texture work? That doesnt sound right..?

well, i don't know how to do confused.gif

I don't want any credits for this car, turpuli should have them all the credits! biggrin.gif I just want it to be a nice car!

seem like no one will help me with this car anyway.. confused.gif

Have you even asked from him that you can do the conversion?

I really doubt that...

Lol, well you do know that if you have all the materials in the list still you can just add the image, and for the parts of the mesh you didn't mess with, it should load up the previous UV's just fine (ie, it'll stay mapped).

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

death 2 the prom king

cool the inside looks great the gearbox looks right and real also the steering is totally old skool.

Yeh, I did give him the permission to modify it a few days ago smile.gif

But really, I've got enough projects of my own at the moment... I don't want anything extra on me right now, I haven't got enough time even for my own stuff... So I'm afraid you'll have to try to do it yourself. I'm sure you'll find the tutorials needed from here or zmodeler2.com smile.gif

Oh, and looking good so far biggrin.gif Just remember to put the textures in the same folder with the model and you should be able to see them tounge.gif The materials should be there (at least the matte colors I set seem to be working (that red part is the secondary color in GTA)) but it seems that the textures aren't.

Edited by Turpuli

well, i tried a bit on the bonnet.. gotta find a good tutorial smile.gif

user posted image

anyway, I want it to look something like this:

user posted image

Edited by strittan

thanks!

I really need help right now.. seem like the tyre sides, the lights, some interiorparts and the engine are the same material.. how do I do if a wanna texture ONLY the side of the tyres? =)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
GrEmLiN76X

Hey, before you butcher this car anymore can you please talk to me? I asked Turpuli to do a Javelin for me for GTA:VC back in '04 and he did such a nice job on it, I'd hate to see somebody screw up the only nice AMC model out there. Pete's Patriot (I know the owner/driver in real life, too. Lou. I was in Ohio about a week and a half ago photographing that very same car!) is a 1969 AMC SS/AMX - NOT a 1970 AMC Javelin SST. If you're going to do a "street machine" version, please may I make some suggestions and help you out a bit? I can provide a crapton of photographs of all these cars and more reading and history lessons on these cars than your brain would be able to grapple with. So far so good (love the superstock hoodscoop, even if it is on the wrong car tounge.gif) but I see a few things I think you could change up to make a much much nicer model out of. If I was up to par on my modeling abilities I'd be doing this stuff myself (actually, I came across Turpuli's FINISHED Javelin because I was trying to track him down so I could ask for the original ZM files so I could finish it, but I was pleasantly surprised!!) but I haven't touched modeling since before CS:Source came out.

Really though, I'm not criticizing your work, I'm just saying I think a historically accurate and realistic + DETAILED version of the vehicle would be a hell of a lot better than a scrapped together thing.. like a full interior + automatic transmission (with the wrong shifter and console) in SS/AMX colors and body configuration on wrong model, wrong year Javelin? Now, I think an AWESOME direction for you to go (if you think you can make it extremely detailed) would be a 1969 SS/Javelin -- AMC never actually MADE a factory-production SS/Javelin, but I do have a picture of a one-off SS/Javelin and it is fricking SWEET. I'm in the process of selling my 73 Firebird for a 68 Javelin and I may build it up like an SS/Javelin even though there was really no such (official) thing.

OK, diatribe aside, please PM me, I'd gladly offer up tons of pictures and what not on these cars.

• 1 year later...

Long time no see. Well, I've started working on the Javelin again. I'm doing a more modidied version intead, more hardcore drag racing thingy.

What takes the most of the time is to remove all the stock parts. dozingoff.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Gonna start on the rims now. They'll be finished tonight perhaps.

I like this car, I like'it in the day when it was released on GWM and I still have on my game even now. Great that is working with tuning parts, paintjobs, interior detailed, and make's it to look hot. Well if this topic is still alive, I want to give a big thanks for this great car that you have made. biggrin.gificon14.gif

I have a'n oppion. If you can make the car to have a little more reflection+crome and the whells are not so perfectly round.

Edited by -BLITZ-

Murcchachosa

Holey ass!

Im so gratefull you are back.

A week ago I tried your car and I love it!

Really nice and great to cruise in SA.

Hope to see more and more from you cookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gifcookie.gif

I can help you with mapping if you want.

I'd like to do smile.gif

user posted image

Holey ass!

Im so gratefull you are back.

A week ago I tried your car and I love it!

Really nice and great to cruise in SA.

Hope to see more and more from you cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif  cookie.gif

I can help you with mapping if you want.

I'd like to do smile.gif

I think you tried Turpuli's car, yes? I've ever finished a car actually. This is a modification of Turpiuli's stock 1970 AMC Javelin.

BTW, does anyone have any good tire side textures? Goodyear or Hoosier!? Thanks!

Murcchachosa

Yesh, I have them in 2D textures Textures.

I have them in 512x512 and 1024x1024.

They are BF GoodYear.

user posted image

Yesh, I have them in 2D textures Textures.

I have them in 512x512 and 1024x1024.

They are BF GoodYear.

Ok, I don't think BF are drag tires though. But thanks anyway! And yes, I may need a little help with the mapping later in the project. wink.gif

Started a little on the engine today. I'm modifying the stock engine (although it's not much left of it) to save some time. It's becoming sort of a pro stock looking motor.

Yes, it's a lot left to do, such as fuel lines, spark wires, radiator, fuel pump, etc etc.

user posted image

user posted image