Schizoid Kills Grandmother

PyroHazard

Maxwell attacked 51-year-old Mrs Tulloch on September 5 last year after a night smoking skunk and playing Grand Theft Auto.

He believed he was one of the principal characters called Carl Johnson, who carries a knife in the Playstation game, Croydon Crown Court was told.

Article

First off, the article is incredibly sensationalist. (Not surprising) Second, he-whom-not-must-be-named is going to salivate from the mouth like a rabid dog then type up a press release followed by legal threats to Take2's new head honcho.

(If that isn't enough, it also demonizes the good ol skunk so you recreationalists would sure get a kick out of this one as well.)

third topic about this muda'f*cker ....damn the drugs made him do it not the game :|

Why does everyone always blame games for causing murders and other crimes? Might do if a nutcase gets his hands on a violent game, but the last 5 or 6 articles blaming games for violence have also featured that someone has used drugs before committing the act of violence. I think even Jack Thompson will agree that drugs are a lot bigger problem in the society than violent games. After all, i think about 99.99% of players of violent video games are just fine and live a completely normal life.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy
Why does everyone always blame games for causing murders and other crimes? Might do if a nutcase gets his hands on a violent game, but the last 5 or 6 articles blaming games for violence have also featured that someone has used drugs before committing the act of violence. I think even Jack Thompson will agree that drugs are a lot bigger problem in the society than violent games. After all, i think about 99.99% of players of violent video games are just fine and live a completely normal life.

Scapt Goat is too easy a term it is more like Red Herring.

damn the drugs made him do it not the game

Anyone who is familliar with the effects of smoking weed knows that it does not influence people to be violent. To blame violence on pot or on a video game is foolishness.

Anyone who is familliar with the effects of smoking weed knows that it does not influence people to be violent. To blame violence on pot or on a video game is foolishness.

drugs must of make him seeing things and stuff, so he entered the nopolice cheat and went on rampage

southwaleswarriors112

GTA is not a game or series of games, it is an Art Platform for performance artists. its not art its more than art its an alternate reality your sig is unrealistic

G1T

drugs must of make him seeing things and stuff, so he entered the nopolice cheat and went on rampage

yeah, but then the +113 trainer crashed and the cheat went off...

no, he probably played GTA: Life v 2.0 where all cheats are disabled colgate.gif

I blame Saints row too! devil.gif

How many people play GTA? Let me guess, around 200 000 000. How many commit crime? well we heard about 10. Now. How many people eat fried potato? Around 5 mlrd. And how many commit crime? over 100 mln. EATING FRIED POTATO MAKES YOU KILLER!!! DONT EAT IT!

Edited by ˸øåíüêà

no, he probably played GTA: Life v 2.0 where all cheats are disabled colgate.gif

I blame Saints row too! devil.gif

hahaha biggrin.gif :lmao:

i blame Saints Row angry.gif too

The Neighborhood Terror

Well Saints Row does suck,so you can blame that.

Shutttlecock?

as im reading this im picturing a kid running down the street with a kitchen knife and the SA hud on the screen. with the little "Cheat activated" box in the corner. tounge2.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

GTA is not a game or series of games, it is an Art Platform for performance artists. its not art its more than art its an alternate reality your sig is unrealistic

Are you seriously attempting an aurgument about "reality" with me. You really have very little knowledge about me don't you?

Ontologically speaking your own criticisms of my sig, are absurd, unrealistic and need some grammer/syntax and form improvements. tounge2.gif The direct vs defered ostention of my statement is obviously lost on you. rolleyes.gif (Not that I myself adhere or feel anyone should have to adhere to these things but since you wanted to criticize my sig which has been that way since near my beginning here I figure you are open season for whatever including and not limited to smear the new guy with anything and everything.)

You are the very first person I have ever said the following too on any forum but you ask for it. die.gif

Art is what I do in the game. GTA is one of my art platforms as a performance artist. According to ancient texts "Art suppliments Nature" and when one is separated from the wilds of nature then art is more important that ever to balance out the humanity of people and to prevent a vaccum which is devoid of life for life cannot exist in a vaccum. Are you unfamiliar with the cliche statement "The World is a stage......." Nevermind it is really not worth an invincible ignorance vs education debate as invincible ignorance always win even when they loose such debates. tounge2.gifturn.gif

OT>This isn't a thread for people with certain kinds of problems, it is a thread about people with certain kinds of problems, fyi.

Edit: Note to others: Normally I do not engage in this kind of thing but being unwell and not-in-the-mood I decided not to ignore this guy whom flamed me. Usually I let them hang themselves and may with It eventually. But for this moment I will gratify my senses as an artist of words as well. I hope you all understand. If not then I appologize for putting you through this and assure you I shall keep it a rarity and maybe someone will remeber or advise some poor unwary flamer or troll whom decides to start with me that it isn't such a good idea to start with something that BERSERKS w/Sacred Explosive Materials, particularly with ones on bandoliers and bandoliers and a bright grimmace on his face. No, indeed leave that to an expert.

Subnote: My explosives remain pinned and will be given freely and courteously to any Moderator that wants something or someone destroyed they need only let me know of their need and I shall ablige them....And why? The answer is simple as the following reason. Just because I like them.

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Wang Cars Ltmd

True true, but it does cause mental problems, so whilst the drug itself decreases violence and 'chills people out', the after affects cause problems.

"This is ridiculous," said Bart Kramer. "I don't even think there's a sniper mission in GTA Vice City." His friends then laughed him out of the store. Witnesses reported seeing tears in his eyes while he waited outside for his mother to pick him up. Clearly, Kramer had not advanced far enough in the game to get to the helicopter sniping in "Phnam Penh '86."

True true, but it does cause mental problems, so whilst the drug itself decreases violence and 'chills people out', the after affects cause problems.

I chellenge you to provide a link to any credible source (scientific study or mainstream news outlet) indicating that smoking marijuana, or the after-effects thereof, has caused an otherwise non-violent person to become violent.

Some adults are retarded. Games don't cause violence, but the can trigger it in a person who was already messed up to begin with.

Sometimes people really are f***ing nuts.

People like to have things to blame, reasons for things happening, but sometimes people are crazy.

Like Chris Rock said about people blaming music for violence.."what was in Hitlers CD case?"

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

People like to have things to blame, reasons for things happening, but sometimes people are crazy.

Like Chris Rock said about people blaming music for violence.."what was in Hitlers CD case?"

Actually it was Wagner pronunciated in american english similiar to Vogner, it is a very well documented fact and may very well be the source of some of his antisemitism which was countered by someone else that the Nazis misquoted regularly, Nietzsche. In Nietzsche Contra Wagner Nietzsche contradicts antisemitism fanatically but this seemed not to be understood by the Nazis at all, and his former Mentor and friend Wagner and he became bitter enemies over the whole argument. In what way mentor? They were both musicians and composers, very skilled ones at that, enough to make a rather successful living at.

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Actually it was Wagner pronunciated in american english similiar to Vogner, it is a very well documented fact and may very well be the source of some of his antisemitism which was countered by someone else that the Nazis misquoted regularly, Nietzsche. In Nietzsche Contra Wagner Nietzsche contradicts antisemitism fanatically but this seemed not to be understood by the Nazis at all, and his former Mentor and friend Wagner and he became bitter enemies over the whole argument. In what way mentor? They were both musicians and composers, very skilled ones at that, enough to make a rather successful living at.

Well, that information notwithstanding (although it is certainly interesting) I really don't think anything in popular culture will turn a normal person violent, the people who do such things because of a game or a cd or a movie have a mental problem that would have been set off by something else anyway.

Even so..if you ban every thing that had ever directly or indirectly caused a death..than what wouldnt be banned?

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Well, that information notwithstanding (although it is certainly interesting) I really don't think anything in popular culture will turn a normal person violent, the people who do such things because of a game or a cd or a movie have a mental problem that would have been set off by something else anyway.

Even so..if you ban every thing that had ever directly or indirectly caused a death..than what wouldnt be banned?

I agree with you profusely. All some people need is an excuse and if it isn't one thing it will be something else. sarcasm.gif Others are to blame for what they do mercie_blink.gif and the difference between accountablity and responsiblity is lost on them without a serious paradigm shift. sigh.gif