ps2 controller in vista

topgunffx

i have vista, and a ps2 controller, i want to use my ps2 controller for SA, but the SAAC tool 1.2 won't wokr in vista for me, is there another way to do this?

i also have a wireless XB360 controller, is there anyway to get that to work with my pc at all? and if so how can i do it with SA?

Man, why don't you just buy an adaptrR? Or did you already do that...try starting up SA, then hit enter to go to the main menu, then controls, and click on setting the controls to a joypad/controller. That should work! tounge.gif

ok so, i can ge my ps2 controller to work, but not the 4 directional buttons.... and how do i makje it wher estart pauses?

also is there a way for me to use my WIRELESS xb360 controller?

To get your wireless 360 controller to work on your PC, you need to get Microsoft's Wireless gaming receiver for PC. It's like $20 I think.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox3...gamingreceiver/

Now, as for whether SAAC (San Andreas Advanced Controls) works on Vista, I really don't know. I haven't been able to get it to work at all. And, well, I really haven't been able to get SA to work that well either.

• 8 months later...

Now, as for whether SAAC (San Andreas Advanced Controls) works on Vista, I really don't know. I haven't been able to get it to work at all. And, well, I really haven't been able to get SA to work that well either.

Getting SA to work on Vista wasn't a problem. Getting SAAC to work on Vista, on the other hand............. cryani.gif

I think you should buy a 360 WIRED controller. Vista will recognize it automatically. Also, it's pretty awesome biggrin.gif

I think you should buy a 360 WIRED controller. Vista will recognize it automatically. Also, it's pretty awesome biggrin.gif

Will it automatically map out the controls? That's my basic concern -- I wouldn't have to worry about it with SAAC, but without that, it's a hot mess.

Setup USB GAMEPAD (Joystick) = PS2 controls.

Try buttons Before you program them (push each button during game play to see what it does now.)

< BUTTONS on right side of control:>

Button/Trigger
Foot
Vehicle
#1 or X at 9 o’clock
Jump
Brake/Reverse
#4 or Y at Noon
Enter or Exit
Enter or Exit
#3 or B at 3 o’clock
Fire
Fire
#2 or A at 6 o’clock
Sprint
Accelerate
<Front Buttons:>

Button/Trigger
Foot
Vehicle
#5 or Left High
Action
Secondary Fire
#7 or Left Low
Previous Weapon/target
Look Left – Aircraft: left rudder
#6 or Right High
Aim
Handbrake
#8 or Right Low
Next Weapon/Target
Look Right – Aircraft: right rudder
Directional Cross (not programmable)

<< ANALOG STICKS >>

Button/Trigger
Foot
Vehicle
#11 or Left Stick
General Movement
General Movement
#12 or Right Stick
Camera Movement
Camera Movement
#11 or Left Stick (as a button)
Look Behind
Sub Mission (start/cancel)
#12 or Right Stick (as a button)
Crouch
Horn/Siren
#9 & #10 Two small buttons between left Directional and 4 buttons.

Program as you will, I have used them for either radio stations forward/backward OR responses Yes/No

Note: Some of the buttons or combinations of buttons are automatically programmed. For actions.

Such as both bottom front buttons pushed at the same time when in a vehicle will show what’s behind you.

I have two USB gamepads and the button Number/Letter Assignments on them are different. That’s why I listed descriptive locations as well as numbers/letters. Numbers in are for Logitech Dual Action, Letters for the Logitech F510.

Note you may also assign the same button to a different command IF they will be in a different column.

Edited by lil weasel

• 6 months later...

I just got it to work in vista, what you need to do is run the application in compatibility mode for windows 2000 (not XP sp 2) and it should show up.