Sunshine

JoeyLeone25

JoeyLeone25

Danny Boyle. 28 Days Later. And before that, the excellent Trainspotting which pretty much defined a generation (if you haven't seen this film, my God, either your French or your living on the moon). Oh and who can forget Shallow Grave! And on Friday in the UK his 8th film in 13 years will be released. And it pretty much look's the sh*t.

Sunshine is basically about a team of astronauts are sent to the Sun (in Icarus II) to reignite it using a nuclear bomb after it's starting to die out. And they need to get there arses moving because if the Sun dies, everybody (funnily enough) dies as well. However while they get closer to the sun they realise Icarus I (the first ship sent 7 yrs previous to do the same job) hasn't disappeared, but is orbiting the sun and sending out a distress signal; cue a rescue mission and a whole heap of crazy-psychological-Event-Horizon type sh*t happening.

I've already been sold by the trailer. The booming 'Requiem for a dream' music, the out of this world visuals and the crazy, creepy atmosphere. It looks like me ol' mucker Boyle could be on to another winner here!

I love Danny Boyle's work, I'm looking forward to this. Cillian Murphy too, how can it fail? I have a giant advertisment of it outside my window. I get up in the morning, and open my blinds to "SUNSHINE" and "dark days are coming".

Best part is America doesn't get the film till the end of year, haha suckers! I'm totally posting spoilers.

I wish they would stop f*cking over using that f*cking Requiem for a Dream music. It's a great piece of music, but make your own f*cking score for once, eh? Oh and maybe you should spoiler tag the Event Horizon reference. It only happens during the last part of the movie.

FT2DB7K.png

Been waiting for this for ages now!

Similar to Widow, there is a massive "Sunshine" billboard across from my work. So I keep looking up and just thinking how much I can't wait. inlove.gif

Mark Kermode, a British film critic, gave it an amazing review, and he's usually quite hard to impress.

I just love the line;

"So if you wake up one morning, and it's a particularly beautiful day... you'll know we made it."

Oooh!

scMmGsh.jpg

Danny Boyle kicks ass. The trailer in the cinema last night looked good, it said it was Boyle. I was excited...then the title came up and i laughed.

Looks good though

Saw it tonight. It's great!

My girlfriend was terrified, genuinely finding it really scary. wow.gif

Chris Evans was really good in it, surprisingly. As of course was Murphy. It's amazingly shot as well, the camera sometimes moves too quickly, occasionally leaving you confused as to what just happened.

As with 300, not disappointed at all considering how much I've been wanting to see them, not even close.

scMmGsh.jpg

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.