Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,840 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

acmoore4

Mapping Liberty City (Laying Out Liberty City)

Spider-Vice

GTA IV haves LOD's to the hell... The draw distance is low, you'll make the mod with the GTA IV draw distance or with a custom draw distance? confused.gif

Jimmarn

really cool guy's wonder how it'll compare to the real deal smile.gif

voteneg
GTA IV haves LOD's to the hell... The draw distance is low, you'll make the mod with the GTA IV draw distance or with a custom draw distance? confused.gif

I'd say the draw distance is really good.

Also it's been speculated that most of the screenshots and trailers were filmed earlier this year before the delay was announced. So its likely that its been polished up a lot more since then.

Spider-Vice

I don't mean the game is ugly...

willgtavcs
I don't mean the game is ugly...

yes the draw distance was good it is almost up to oblivion standards.

but when the final product is in, it will be better than oblivion on PC when the settings are maxed; oh yes and when they are maxed with a Nvidia 8800 wow.gif

this games draw distance will be really good.it is almost the best looking beta for the PS3 and the XBOX 360. the bets being resistance and motostorm

Assassin_2112

Liberty City is gonna be big.They said somewhere that it will take a long time to get from point A to point B

MrCarmine
Liberty City is gonna be big.They said somewhere that it will take a long time to get from point A to point B

well yeah, if you obey all the traffic laws lol

in SA, you could get from southeast LS to northeast LS in like 2 or 3 mins, and one corner to its diagonal opposite was maybe 10-15 mins.

in the new LC, i can't picture it taking more than 10 minutes from one corner to its diagonal--and probably noticeably less--assuming you gun it through.

Mokiesmoky

Wait, if the Taxi Business is right across Platypus, why did Roman drive there to pick Niko up? dontgetit.gif

Carbine23

Can anyone find out or guess where this area is?

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3886_gta_iv.jpg

It looks like to me, the upper west side of Algonquin but i think it could possibly be Broker or Dukes. It would probably be just north of the Broker Dockyard, and would probably be near the Algonquin Bridge area. I mean we haven't seen all of Broker yet, just the part close to the Broker bridge. And in real life Brooklyn looks like this in "Brooklyn Heights" or "Downtown Brooklyn." Maybe there's a downtown Broker in this game? Also the fact that i think Roman would stay in the Broker area for most of the game.

xCOMMANDOx

You guys are tackling the impossible task, or is it impossible??

defibrillator
Wait, if the Taxi Business is right across Platypus, why did Roman drive there to pick Niko up? dontgetit.gif

A. taxi business and apartment aren't in the same place

B. they are in the same place but they are going somewhere afterwards probably to meet some people

supermati

So we have just a relative small area of the Jersey part mapped?

This is gonna be huge.

xCOMMANDOx

I remember they said the same thing about GTA: SA and when i play it doesn't take that long blush.gif

xCOMMANDOx

Sorry i f this has already been posted, but i saw this and thought it may help. Also, i didn't want to look through 40 pages.

user posted image

Carbine23

^That proves how scaled down Liberty City really is. Look at the Coney Island Cyclone, it's extremely far from the Brooklyn bridge

but in GTA4, it's just down the street. I know the previews said 1 hour to reach one end to the other, but that's completely false.

And i don't think it'll take that long obeying the traffic laws. I obeyed the traffic laws in San Andreas, and it didn't take that long, unless

GTA4's traffic really represents New York City

voteneg

huh... the Statue of Liberty is labeled in German, curious...

Spartacus

It's the German version of Google Earth. Look at the text below.

Assassin_2112
Sorry i f this has already been posted, but i saw this and thought it may help. Also, i didn't want to look through 40 pages.

user posted image

yea see its gonna be big

StephanL

Is the ferry terminal not situated in Jersey ?

Since there will be no Staten Isl. included in the game, and the Saint George Ferry Terminal is in real-life situated on Staten Isl.

Checked it : http://img504.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rr5r8r58rig9.jpg

This was from prev post, it s ferry terminal Hoboken...

Edited by StephanL

rory990

user posted image

yea see its gonna be big

it will be no where near that big it will be scaled down to a much smaller size

the empire state building is much closer to the brooklyn when you look at screen shots, it is much more compact than new york

voteneg

It's the German version of Google Earth. Look at the text below.

That and it's labeled in kilometers... I suppose that should have tipped me off that it was running with/on a non U.S. American pc/pc user.

Good call, I didn't look into those small details right away.

TinCan

I've roughly placed the Triborough Bridge, using the map found earlier today, according to how it's placed in NY:

user posted image

The Triborough Bridge is a complex of three bridges connecting the Bronx, Manhattan, and Queens (Bohan, Algonquin & Dukes).

The shots are taken from different angles, but I tried to place them about where they belong. The one with the motorbike are viewed from North.

SBizz6
I've roughly placed the Triborough Bridge, using the map found earlier today, according to how it's placed in NY:

user posted image

The Triborough Bridge is a complex of three bridges connecting the Bronx, Manhattan, and Queens (Bohan, Algonquin & Dukes).

The shots are taken from different angles, but I tried to place them about where they belong. The one with the motorbike are viewed from North.

Wow good work man. This is the first work i have seen with the new map, i hope more come!!

rasomaso

So after the moment of silence on my side I'm here to bring you the latest of my thoughts. I hope it's not old news and it's a bit related to my previous post (here) so here it is. And sorry to stretch the page again. tounge2.gif

And these are .png so my apologies to all the people with slow connection speed, but that's a cost for higher quality. confused.gif

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/1.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/2.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/3.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/4.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/5.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/6.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/7.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/8.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/9.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa265/rasomaso/10.jpg

Edited by rasomaso

Slamman

I hadn't bothered with map speculations in the past, but as the date nears, things should be more defined in the days ahead, and the map in the boat,

certainly looks like these representations. Still, I don't rely as heavily on the graphical map as I do streets and landmarks in the actual game.

adrian949

user posted image

Wow good job, this and the finding of the map on the boat totally raped R*, they're probably pretty pissed off they let themselves slip like that.

The map looks decently big for a car that the distance and traffic would cause u to steal like 3 cars from driving fast and crashing causing the car to explode when u need to get to one end of the map to the other, but flying around in a heli is goin to make the game feel really small i bet confused.gif

Remix

Holy crap!

That looks real accurate. smile.gif

Darrel

user posted image

Good job there. icon14.gif.

Edited by Darrel

skynet-a
Wow good job, this and the finding of the map on the boat totally raped R*, they're probably pretty pissed off they let themselves slip like that.

I think R* PR and Marketing departments are working like a charm ;-)

TinCan

Here's another location in Broker, nothing new but I wanted to get them all in one image:

user posted image

This shows the location of the Parachute Jump in Coney Island and most likely the location of Broker's version of Astroland.

Rides shown up until now are the Screamer (Cyclone) and the Liberty Eye (Wonder Wheel).

There's also the Corpse Ride (Corpse Bride?), it may be based on Dante's Inferno.

And I tied together a few more shots from Dukes as well:

user posted image

The two shots on the left show different sides of the same house.

They are all located around the East River Suspension Bridge.

/edit (updated image and added more)

Here's one I missed: link

The Parachute ride in Brighton Beach Coney Island park looks very similar to this structure in Hove Beach.

user posted image

Edited by TinCan