Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,963 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

acmoore4

Mapping Liberty City (Laying Out Liberty City)

YourNeighborhoodKiller
Even though it is NYC i would like some countryside cos i will get sick of skyscrapers all the time. Geez at least let us see some sky angry.gif

Yeah its not going to be all skyscrapers. There's going to be a bunch of neighborhoods and small towns.

voteneg

About the Naval Yard Sign and vantage points... Look at Vantage Point #1 and then look at the others and compare them back to #1 to relate each of these six images.

user posted image

Vantage Point #1

user posted image

Vantage Point #2

user posted image

Vantage Point #3

user posted image

Image A

user posted image

Vantage point #4

user posted image

Vantage Point #5

Mafioso86
About the Naval Yard Sign and vantage points... Look at Vantage Point #1 and then look at the others and compare them back to #1 to relate each of these six images.

user posted image

Vantage Point #1

user posted image

Vantage Point #2

user posted image

Vantage Point #3

user posted image

Image A

user posted image

Vantage point #4

user posted image

Vantage Point #5

wow.... nice work dude! this is one of the most interesting things i've seen on here in awhile... i personally want a map.

Timmons55

yea nice work

sabbathfan
Even though it is NYC i would like some countryside cos i will get sick of skyscrapers all the time. Geez at least let us see some sky angry.gif

Yeah you're right cos there has been absolutely no sky seen in either of the trailers. And the only buildings I have spotted have been at least 25 stories high.

Get a grip.

$tr4nger

Wow thanks for that voteneg! Very sharp eye!

Really gives me a clearer picture of that area.

Slamman

I didn't JUST see this thread, but since I am a certified Metalhead, I just have to be poster number 666... It's just fitting, ya know?!

I was thinking about the building heavy setting as well, I love the country side of SA as a break from the citylife. Something similar is great, if possible. The next best thing may just be flying a heli over all the map of GTA4. I think aside from first exploring the locales and AI, looking to find access to a heli early in the game is something not really touched on yet. I think I will make it my agenda as well!

EDIT>> I took a closer ZOOMed on PS3 look at the Naval Yard supposed vantage point at the hot dog stand (I happen to be eating cheese dogs right now!! Speak of the Devil) The second word, supposedly that would read Naval ends in a Y and the elevated train track veers to the right from that vantage point.

Edited by Slamman

BigTen

nice work!

mohawkin

I am a Freelance webdesigner looking for some work. My rates are very cheap and I have over 5 years experience. A site I did recently is we know you like goatse. Contact me for more info!

suorange

I am a Freelance webdesigner looking for some work. My rates are very cheap and I have over 5 years experience. A site I did recently is Archimedes would not stand for this sh*t!. Contact me for more info!

uhhhhh yeaaaahhhhhhhhh whatsthat.gif

Edited by Svip

Slamman

OK, How does that answer the things I mention that seem to be at odds with the locations? I for one, never assumed all the screenshots reside within a viewing area so close...for one, the size of the game has always been perceived as huge.... regardless of it falling short of SA, that IS alot of space with new graphics to explore.

voteneg

I didn't JUST see this thread, but since I am a certified Metalhead, I just have to be poster number 666... It's just fitting, ya know?!

I was thinking about the building heavy setting as well, I love the country side of SA as a break from the citylife. Something similar is great, if possible. The next best thing may just be flying a heli over all the map of GTA4. I think aside from first exploring the locales and AI, looking to find access to a heli early in the game is something not really touched on yet. I think I will make it my agenda as well!

EDIT>> I took a closer ZOOMed on PS3 look at the Naval Yard supposed vantage point at the hot dog stand (I happen to be eating cheese dogs right now!! Speak of the Devil)  The second word, supposedly that would read Naval ends in a Y and the elevated train track veers to the right from that vantage point.

Yeah the sign in real life reads Brooklyn Navy Yard. And in game it says "y Yard" which leads me to assume it's Broker Navy Yard or something similiar. I just called it the Naval Yard, I wasnt quoting the sign directly. And about the train tracks curving the wrong way. Its an slight S curve and the curve going left is behind the camera.

Edited by voteneg

Slamman

Interesting but it's hard for me to visualize that El! haha

Mafioso86

If you look at the very right side, there seems to be that Yard sign. wow.gif

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3758_gta_iv.jpg

http://media.gtanet.com/images/3363_gtaiv_...iberty_yard.jpg

Look over on the left. tounge.gif

thinkin the sign says "Liberty Yard," I mean look at the name in the url... and the Y would make sense then.

In regards to less urban areas... it think parts of dukes and alderney will probably be a little more suburban

Edited by Mafioso86

Slamman

You know the one with Niko staring at the viewer with head turned, intersection and sunset in the back, look behind and above the Navy Yard sign pointed out... There is a skyscraper under construction. Wonder if we have access to these as before, in Vice. With San Andreas there were far too many ladders and building alleyways and rooftops with no real function or need of use in the game. I don't think there'll ever be full exploitation of all the space we ultimately wine about being shorted on, but I'd be looking at getting into areas like that to check them out.

jimmyjojo

The black building in the center is modelled on Trump Tower on 5th Ave. although it's missing the gold trims and his big obnoxious name on the front. The facade of the building even has the correct storefronts with Tiffany's & Co. (on the left, with a clock above and center), and Asprey London (on the right, with the tall glass opaque windows) The level of detail is amazing.

Also, Trump Tower is like 5 blocks down from St Patricks Cathedral, so even though things are condensed everything seems to be reflecting reality very conveniently.

Fakey_91

Damn, this stuff is good. Really awesome eyes guys - I have quite an idea of some of the areas. Anyone notice that R* has mostly been showing off the poorer areas - probably where Niko starts off at!!

Timmons55

tying in new pics...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Timmons55

ill try to bring in the other new pictures later

G MONEY $$$

This is a good effort guys, but who's gonna start putting all this down in map form? We need a cartographer! tounge.gif

Timmons55

we have had many maps made and posted in this topic but they havent been updated in a while....

geomy

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

It's been about 6 months since any major update, but I expect there will be more soon.

The maps here are really impressive, considering what they have been given to work with.

YukiEiri

Ok.

Below the Cherkov-building are two squares, the right one is LCPD Broker.

When Niko and Roman drive past it you can see these buildings:

user posted image

user posted image

And from the trailer you can see the Broker bridge on the left. smile.gif

I think all this came from Jordan's frame-by-frame report.

Oh and here's the pic from the t3:

user posted image

So all the glory goes to him.

BUT! As we can see from the scene where they are driving past the LCPC Broker, we are under a ElTrain track.

This is the same track seen in trailer2 when the windshield is shot (/me thinks so). And is also the place to see that there are

cloned textures since all the bases of the pillars are exactly the same.

user posted image

Also the pic with the nucelar power sign and "hove beach" sign are right next to Broker bridge.

Edited by YukiEiri

PatrickW

user posted image

It's been about 6 months since any major update, but I expect there will be more soon.

The maps here are really impressive, considering what they have been given to work with.

I took the liberty to update the broker map with some info I got from trailer 3.

It seems that the known area's in broker are closer together than original thought.

I've moved the lower part of the map up, according to the evidence in the annotated screens below.

user posted image

I Assigned a couple of new numbers:

• 65: Building with the red letters : " Little ....."
  • 66: Building with blue sign with two white circles
  • 67: LCPD Broker
  • 69: "SHOE WORLD" ?

Here are the screens, on which these changes are based:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

Timmons55

nice one for adding in those buildibgs icon14.gif good job.