Liberty City Map

vininfinite

vininfinite

Recently I have started to wonder what the GTA 4 map will look like, so I came up with this.

user posted image

The light blue is what was shown in the preview, the white is what I beleive exist, the land in the red square is the pre-placed (GTA3) liberty City.

I’ve come up with this ruff drawing of NY & Long Island/Liberty City from the following:

1. HDDVD & Blu-Ray can hold a lot. About forty GB is the largest HDDVD can hold.

2. Not once is “NJ” shown from the New York City area in the preveiw, though Brooklyn and what may be The Bronx is. This, along with Rockstars never ending love with islands has lead me to believe that they’ll use a slightly smaller “Long Island” as the GTA 4’s playing area.

3. The idea of GTA 4 not having an open area, as first seen in SA, is completely illogical. How on earth could a team of 150 programmers miss such a vital new part of GTA? This further supports the idea of “Long Island” being the sand box.

4. Considering Rockstars unending attempts of inserting Liberty City into all of the GTA franchise, has lead me to believe that the original Liberty City will be in the game.

5. The fact that the old Liberty City had a land mass going off the map also supports this theory.

What has to be determined now is where will the old Liberty City be, and what other cities and land objects will be in GTA 4’s sandbox.

Does this sound good, did I miss anything?

The Xbox 360 does not play games from HD-DVD media AFAIK. However, San Andreas "only" had a single-layer DVD's worth of content so going to dual-layer DVD would still be up to twice the data.

Vanilla Shake
Not bad. This might very well be close to what the map will look like. Although I hope that a part of New Jersey makes an appearance, that way we could get both the Lincoln and Holland Tunnels in the game.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

Actually "NJ" is shown

remeber the Ferry terminal?

that is a take off of the abandoned Lake Erie terminal in NJ

ThugLord187

Yes and No That is a detailed examination and map but I'm not sure that it'll be like that. LC will be connected if that is the case or in fact the map.

ExtermelySmartMan

The map is pretty tube-like. And what is the yellow part? The land you don't believe that exists?

G1T

vininfinite

The Xbox 360 does not play games from HD-DVD media AFAIK. However, San Andreas "only" had a single-layer DVD's worth of content so going to dual-layer DVD would still be up to twice the data.

Xbox is offering a HDDVD player as an add on for "future" games.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...ccessleedsco-20

As for the ferry terminal, I'll take that into account.

As a side note, I dont beleive that we'll be seeing VC or SA.

vininfinite
The map is pretty tube-like. And what is the yellow part? The land you don't believe that exists?

Yellow? Where do you see yellow???

Xbox is offering a HDDVD player as an add on for "future" games.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...ccessleedsco-20

The player description only touts movie-playing features. Is there information about whether the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player would ever be used with games? If GTA4 requires the HD-DVD add-on, shouldn't R* say something well ahead of the release date?

remember the tunnels in liberty city where there was construction going on, problalby in GTA4 you start off at the other end.

Scobasteve230

Having Long Island would be sooo cool since i live there colgate.gif i mean theres rich suburbs, beaches, really rich areas (hamptons) and queens, staten island, and brooklyn? are on the island if they have the Long Island they better have people refer to LC as the city nd people from LC refer to LI as the island

Fart

Vanilla Shake
Having Long Island would be sooo cool since i live there colgate.gif i mean theres rich suburbs, beaches, really rich areas (hamptons) and queens, staten island, and brooklyn? are on the island if they have the Long Island they better have people refer to LC as the city nd people from LC refer to LI as the island

Only Queens and Brooklyn are connected to Long Island. Staten Island is an island itself, much like Manhattan. The Bronx is the only borough of New York City connected to the U.S. mainland.

I too think that Long Island would be awesome in GTA IV. I used to live in Queens, but I still have family out in Long Island and I visit there quite often. It certainly is diverse.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

• 10 months later...