GTA IV Trailer to Air on Television

Jordan

Interesting sound they used, hah.

I use it as new ringtone: loud, hard, flashy biggrin.gif .

gimmie it wow.gif

please?

topdogkiller

Thanks jordan, You always get the word first. If I can't use the pc on thursday then I'll watch FX.

What the hell could that sound indicate? Just an annoying ticker or a Machinery city? Detroit? Steel City (Pittsburgh)? Oh, and if that does air on T.V. then this trailer must be BIG.

edisoncarter

That's brilliant, they must have bought some cheap commercial time.

The ticker sound is a clue. Sounds like some tough, hard world with a lot of steel and a tyrannical government regime. Kinda reminds me of the Cybermen marching around in the new Doctor Who second season.

MadeInThe80s

It sounds really epic doesn't it? Everything about this game so far spells EPIC.

MadeInTheLadies.

G MONEY $$$
Any body notice at the end of it says rockstargames.comtv strange put it in and nothing happens then i put in http://www.rockstargames.com.tv/ strange.

It's actually just rockstargames.com/IV not TV. Hard to tell since it's a bit blurry though. tounge.gif

Too bad I don't have FX... but i will watch in online...

plus i agree with most of you. this has to be a clue.

I might watch is on TV, who knows.

I hope the 70's show isn't a clue, I don't want IV to be based in the 70's. confused.gif

It sounds really epic doesn't it? Everything about this game so far spells EPIC.

like a MMO wow.gif

Did anyone notice that after evey Sound( metal being hit against metal) its is followed by a slight clock beep... Kinda sounds stupid. its a pretty cool and Epic sound, but after you keep hearing it it drives you crazy....CRAZY FOR THE GAME! sly.gif

but after you keep hearing it it drives you crazy....CRAZY FOR THE GAME! sly.gif

HAHAH, lol, it sure does tounge.gif

I just saw it for the first time last night, it seriously lasts like 5 minutes.. I had no clue they were doing this, I watched the whole damn thing hoping they'd like flash one frame of the game tounge2.gif

They didnt... turn.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

dertyjerzian
Holy sh*t that would be awsome. I could see Fox being the most likely of any of the networks to air the trailer on premier... I couldnt see them editing it like MTV. After all, Worlds Deadliest Animals Attacks is much more violent then any past GTA trailer has been.

And as I have heard Neil Cavuto say in the past... Fox knows business.

Nice work as usual Jordan

indeed <3

Jordan, rated aweome.

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.

PetsOvernight

I might watch is on TV, who knows.

I hope the 70's show isn't a clue, I don't want IV to be based in the 70's.  confused.gif

Nah, it's just because that happened to air before FX has paid advertising space. Look at their website's schedule:

user posted image

The trailer is on again right now (2:00 AM) on FX. But this time it didn't follow That 70's Show. My guess is that it's gonna be on every night on FX at 2:00 AM until March 29. But why couldn't they air it when more people are watching?

Edited by _raven177

UnitedDestruction

user posted image

edit: short video (sorry, didnt have sound turned up on tv...just a metallic clinking sound with every second, not much)

edit2: lol apparently i wasnt the first one to put all this up, my bad,

Edited by UnitedDestruction

im guessing the TV trailer countdown doesn't take daylight savings into account because its an hour behind the counter on their website for me right now

im guessing the TV trailer countdown doesn't take daylight savings into account because its an hour behind the counter on their website for me right now

TV shows correct time. You probably live in US*. Daylight saving time started early this year. This means that if you have not updated your operating system, you had to change the time ahead manually. That would cause 1 hour difference for the flash countdown.

* Edit: In retrospect, duh. You wouldn't get FX otherwise.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Does anyone know whether any international channels are showing it? Not just Fox?

We have the highest available pay-tv available in Australia, and the closest thing we have to Fox is Fox News.

sneaky2.gif

Does anyone know whether any international channels are showing it? Not just Fox?

We have the highest available pay-tv available in Australia, and the closest thing we have to Fox is Fox News.

sneaky2.gif

I might look on all the channels if your lucky.

(Mind you, I only have free stuff though.

New account, Joe.

Lol, or it's broadcasted from another time zone, so it is right, just not for your area catspider.gif

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Lol, or it's broadcasted from another time zone, so it is right, just not for your area catspider.gif

Well considering im in the east coast it should be right cus i thought Rockstar NYC handled the promotional things. Plus i don't see why they would be broadcasting from the central time zone.

After listening to that metallic clinking sound for awhile, I was suddenly reminded of some of the sounds in GTA2. There's something in there that sounds kinda similar. Not that this means anything... Just something I thought.

Mister Pink

Why would an advert for a product that is not yet out take up valuable airtime when it could be spent advertising any current available product?

Sorry mate but that was one of the silliest things I've read. Basically you are saying, why advertise something that's not out? My god. It's to let people know it's coming out. Not every GTA gamer is waiting for the countdown like us. So, don't adverise new stuff that's coming out. Just advertise stuff that's already out that we probably know about. sarcasm.gif

Valuable Airtime? Define that. 5 long mins between some brain dead sit-com where they try to sell you insurance and sh*t like that?

Also, it gives people a set time to save for the console and the game. Why would a musician advertise a gig three months in advance? Heck, why I am I even explaing this. It's obvious.

Sorry to sound angry. I'm not. Just letting steam offf in the form of a rant. Bad day.

Have a cookie cookie.gif

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

Why would an advert for a product that is not yet out take up valuable airtime when it could be spent advertising any current available product?

Sorry mate but that was one of the silliest things I've read. Basically you are saying, why advertise something that's not out? My god. It's to let people know it's coming out. Not every GTA gamer is waiting for the countdown like us. So, don't adverise new stuff that's coming out. Just advertise stuff that's already out that we probably know about. sarcasm.gif

I agree icon14.gif

Look at how much excitement this one ad, that only contains the IV logo, a timer and a loud clinking sound, has caused. This is EXACTLY what the marketing division at R* want, and it's very clever marketing from their position.