GTA IV Trailer to Air on Television

Jordan

Rate this topic at the bottom of the page!

----------------

A more appropriate topic title would have been "GTA IV Trailer Countdown Airs on TV, Trailer May Air Too on Thursday, March 29"

I said this a few days ago:

"There is a distinct possibility that the big GTA4 trailer may air on television next week. It might just happen in prime time next Thursday evening for USA audiences."

Reports are now coming in that the FX network (owned by FOX) had a GTA IV trailer countdown clock up on their station very early in the morning here in the USA on Thursday before paid programming and infomercials began to air overnight.

FX is owned by Fox. No promo material on their website yet, though.

EDIT:

It was reported that the trailer countdown clock aired on the channel after the television show That '70s Show. The countdown clock hits zero next week right when two episodes of That '70s Show begin to air. Clues, perhaps? More on this soon.

Edited by Jordan

Why would an advert for a product that is not yet out take up valuable airtime when it could be spent advertising any current available product?

user posted image

ihearttitties

Holy sh*t that would be awsome. I could see Fox being the most likely of any of the networks to air the trailer on premier... I couldnt see them editing it like MTV. After all, Worlds Deadliest Animals Attacks is much more violent then any past GTA trailer has been.

And as I have heard Neil Cavuto say in the past... Fox knows business.

Nice work as usual Jordan

Edited by ihearttitties

You have been Suction'ed.

Previously banned member: Gouranga, Creedence!, K-DST, Ice Cold Bud, etc.

Blind Joe Death
Good for all the American's as they won't have to view it on the PC as the sites will be slow because of all the viewers but for the rest of us I guess we will have to watch it on our PC's. This is if it does show on FX of course.

It was reported that the trailer countdown clock aired on the channel before the television show That '70s Show. The countdown clock hits zero next week right when two episodes of That '70s Show begin to air. Clues, perhaps? More on this soon.

Edited by Jordan

Blind Joe Death
70's set in Boston? inlove.gif

That is actually quite an impressive thought. Maybe rockstar are showing the Trailer between that particular show as a clue for where it will be set and the era. This would mean it would be the 70's in Boston just like what "MadeInThe80s" said.

Probably not as well we are not even sure if it is going to be showed yet but this could just happen. I guess we can only just wait until the Trailer is released to know for sure.

It has been CONFIRMED.

"If you turn to the FX channel right now, there's a big black screen with "IV" in the Grand Theft Auto font, along with the word "trailer" and a countdown leading up to next Thursday, March 29 at around 6 p.m. EST. Then there's Rockstar's GTA4 Web site listed below with the Rockstar logo.

With each second that counts down, there's a KA-chung, KA-chung, KA-chung noise that resembles the "24" countdown noise, but with less clang and not so much beep. It's annoying, until you've been listening to it for a few minutes and it just becomes hypnotic."

tounge.gif

what connection for FOX does ROCKSTAR have?

id expect MTV or COMEDY CENTRAL or CARTOON NETWORK'

what t.v. channels do you europeans have out their that are popular

WAIT!! their was an infromercial for a pill to enlarge my penis, then a girls gone wild informercial , then an informercial for gym equipment, then one for these knives that never go dull, then this amazing stain remover, then the GTA CLOCK came on for an hour, then an informercial for this oven that could cook so many things

this is what i watch: X-PLAY, ATTACK OF THE SHOW, XPLAY, MAD-TV, FUTURAMA,

FAMILY GUY, FUTURAMA, FAMILY GUY, NEXT, SOUTH PARK, INVADER ZIM,

POWER PUFF GIRLS, RUGRATS, BOBBY'S WORLD, WOODY WOODPECKER,

SIMPSONS, LOONY TUNES, POKe'MON, SWEET SIXTEEN,

REN AND STIMPY, ROBOT CHICKEN, X-FILES, TALES FROM THE DARKSIDE,

COUSIN SKEETER, FOSTERS HOME FOR IMAGINARY FRIENDS,

CHAPPELLS SHOW, AMERICA'S MOST WANTED, KAB-LAAM

WORLDS DEADLIEST POLICE VIDEO'S, FACES OF DEATH, BARNEY,

DORA THE EXPLORER, BLUES CLUES, WILD'IN OUT, PIMP MY RIDE,

AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE, ROCKO'S MODERN LIFE, WILD THORNBERRY'S

THE ANGRY BEAVERS, MAGIC SCHOOL BUS, MIGHTY MORPHIN' POWER RANGERS

Edited by END_IT

FX is loose, that station other then comedy central (after 1AM) was the only channel ive ever heard the word "sh*t" used regularly on some of the shows they have (niptuck) without being beeped, they dam near show out right banging on niptuck

since teh gta games are sooo violent

TenaciousD.
um is it just my computer or is rockstars gta iv website not working????? muppetmaster_karma.gif

Its your PC.

So will it be on FX before or after its on the site? Im in UK time and can't be bothered to work it all out

U8p4GiO.png

2ZqLHCC.png

Bret_HartvsSting

Wait I don't get this, how can there be a big black screen with a IV logo on it with a countdown on television. You mean they're showing nothing but GTA IV on FOX?

Please explain to me I'm Australian and very simple. I like ice-cream. confused.gif

The air time on some channels is dirt cheap between 3AM and 7AM. I haven't actually seen the TV countdown myself, but yeah, I expect it to be just like the flash countdown.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

GTA3Freak-2001
Wait I don't get this, how can there be a big black screen with a IV logo on it with a countdown on television. You mean they're showing nothing but GTA IV on FOX?

Please explain to me I'm Australian and very simple. I like ice-cream. confused.gif

Tune into Channel 10 any time after 1AM and you'll just see a repeating time-life infomercial advertising some Soft Rock CD Collection. This is much the same as what FX are showing I am guessing.

It's even worse than that. They only advertise the kind of things that you have to be very gullible, desperate, or bored to buy. Soft Rock collections would have been two steps up from that. So the only surprise is why game publishers haven't bought up all the slots for various release countdowns.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

ninjitsubob

Tune into Channel 10 any time after 1AM and you'll just see a repeating time-life infomercial advertising some Soft Rock CD Collection. This is much the same as what FX are showing I am guessing.

It wasn't even that, it was like the previous poster said, Just the GTA IV logo in the middle of the screen with the same countdown timer that this website has.

That was it...the entire time, just that.

Rate this topic at the bottom of the page!

----------------

A more appropriate topic title would have been "GTA IV Trailer Countdown Airs on TV, Trailer May Air Too on Thursday, March 29"

I said this a few days ago:

"There is a distinct possibility that the big GTA4 trailer may air on television next week. It might just happen in prime time next Thursday evening for USA audiences."

Reports are now coming in that the FX network (owned by FOX) had a GTA IV trailer countdown clock up on their station very early in the morning here in the USA on Thursday before paid programming and infomercials began to air overnight.

FX is owned by Fox. No promo material on their website yet, though.

EDIT:

It was reported that the trailer countdown clock aired on the channel after the television show That '70s Show. The countdown clock hits zero next week right when two episodes of That '70s Show begin to air. Clues, perhaps? More on this soon.

if your right ima be refreshing the webby and watching FX aswell thank god for sky+ biggrin.gif

CarpetDweller

Anyone got screen of this?

Maybe the ad will just be the countdown and nothing more. The timing of it seems to be just the same as the regular trailer (from what I've read here), so I don't know if That 70's show has any relevance.

Are we sure it's not just telling us to go to the website at that time?

Maybe it's just for the gamers who don't read forums or regularly check website before games are released.

user posted image

Anyone got screen of this?

Maybe the ad will just be the countdown and nothing more. The timing of it seems to be just the same as the regular trailer (from what I've read here), so I don't know if That 70's show has any relevance.

Are we sure it's not just telling us to go to the website at that time?

Maybe it's just for the gamers who don't read forums or regularly check website before games are released.

or like them 24 ads on sky counting down lol

While this is interesting, I don't think of it as a clue of sorts. Just a spot in the airtime that Rockstar can advertise GTA IV.

The whole 1970's-to-present time thing was already done in Driver: Parallel Lines. I myself am really expecting a modern day city based on Chicago (I even think the "IV" font on the website is called Chicago).

That 70's Show ended for real because the characters went on to other things and last year's finale showed 1980 in the license plate. Plus, it's based in Wisconsin, not Boston, where'd you people get that from? Wisconsin as a state is neighbors with Illinois and that's where is Chicago is. That's about the only thing I can possibly get from this. But I still think it's nothing to get excited about, unless you want to watch the trailer on TV which might not be a bad idea with R*'s severs being bogged down on trailer release day.

I saw that trailer countdown last night on FX too. It looked just like the IV website, except it was all black and white, there was an address to the site below the counter, and the counter had a ticking sound that sounded like two pieces of cast iron slamming against eachother. And it was kinda sudden too. Right after That 70's Show ended, the warning for the next show came on right away (it wasn't a warning for the trailer, it had specific relevance to the following show), but instead of that show airing right after the warning, the trailer interupted.

Lurk Morrison

Edit:

To answer my own question: 1:00am US-CDT.

Edited by Kurropt Antagonist

ihearttitties

Im really hoping they air it on FX right at 6 that way I dont have to worry about internet traffic. Anyways im lighting my dooby at 5:40 so I will be ready at 6 with FX on and the site all loaded up tounge.gif

You have been Suction'ed.

Previously banned member: Gouranga, Creedence!, K-DST, Ice Cold Bud, etc.

PetsOvernight

Earlier I actually did a YouTube search for a video like that, but with no results. They really didn't use the best search tags! But it was great to see. Interesting sound they used, hah.