Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (91,610 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Vito Leone

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

Right, I forgot Vince Staples was dropping a new album this year. Been listening since Hell Can Wait, a short album I can only recommend.

Summertime 06 was good too, though I didn't like it as much as HCW.

Thanks. Ever since I quit social media, I'm loosing track of the recent releases.

Edited by fashion

Rafae

Jay-Z's 4:44 has been my summer album ever since it released.

Surprised the hell out of me after the hot trash that was Magna Carta Holy Grail. 4:44 is genuinely Jay's best album since American Gangster or dare I say even The Black Album.

Gave both albums a listen today. I always need to listen to an album multiple times to give a full verdict and point out my (least) favorite songs, but so far I've really enjoyed listening to Jay Z's Marcy Me the most. It's a really dope track. The beats on the album and JayZ's flow give me a classical Jay Z vibe, just as we know him.

I haven't listened properly to Vince Staples' Big Fish Theory yet, skipped a couple songs or just gave them a short listen on my way home. Three good songs come into my mind: Party People, Bagbak and SOMA I think?

Edited by fashion

Jonesizzle

The Jay-Z album was pretty weak in my opinion. I've actually had to hear people say this was his best album, which I think it's his worst. I don't get the old jay z vibe at all.. I hate saying he needs to stop but he does, go listen to Kool G Rap's newest album if you wanna hear some old school dope sh*t from a old school dude who still has it. I can say 4:44 wasn't even remotely close to being as bad as 21 Savages new album... how the f*ck do people listen to that?

Tyler The Creator dropped his album. I think it's a dope album, I don't think it's better than his earlier work, but this is definitely his most mature album and it was pretty refreshing. I'm a sucker for bangers so "I ain't got time" has been my most played track thus far.

Edited by DOOM!

Tyler The Creator dropped his album. I think it's a dope album, I don't think it's better than his earlier work, but this is definitely his most mature album and it was pretty refreshing. I'm a sucker for bangers so "I ain't got time" has been my most played track thus far.

That's good news, I thought he won't do any new albums since OF's disbanding. He had that ASAP collab once but I thought his career was pretty much over.

Back when Cherry Bomb released, I thought this was Tyler's last goodbye. It was the biggest piece of trash my ears ever heard and I'd rather listen to a granny's farts than listening to it again.

While I probably love Goblin most, WOLF has also a lot of great tracks. Rusty is my favorite OF track with multiple rappers. WOLF's Answer track had a more serious and mature theme while Tyler still kept his Tyler personality. If the new album is just like that, fine by me. Gonna listen to it in a bit.

Rafae

I do enjoy scum f*ck flower boy a lot. It's a very solid album and it does have the Tyler vibes, even though it's a little bit different. No OF is both a shame and a small blessing: it's interesting to see a Tyler album that doesn't rely on the Odd Future state of mind. He just does his own thing without resting on a brand he created.

Every rapper out there often raps about his name, brand and success so it's always good to see albums like this.

One thing I do miss is the outstanding intros and outros from old Tyler, along with the ongoing themes throughout the album (Therapy session, Sam, all that mindf*ck) I still love the Foreword intro though.

Or is there an ongoing theme that I've missed?

My favorite tracks:

I can relate to this one, reminds me of myself from a couple years back. No job, no more drugs and loosing everyone around me.

Plage

Jonesizzle

I agree fashion... I wasn't aware of all the tension in the odd future crew. No Hodgy Beats )MellowHype(, and no Earl. Very strange, but I enjoyed the album thoroughly. Like I said, it's refreshing from his earlier work and it's entertaining. I dont really like Domo, and I don't feel Vince Staples, but that's just me. Still a intriguing album... even though I feel like the "I ain't got time" track ripped a J Dilla instrumental.

Domo's "Genesis" album was decent, but there was nothing left of the charm he had in his OF years. It's incredibly generic and had me bored after a couple listens. Could've been called "generic rap album 38279" and it wouldn't make a difference.

I expected it to be a lot better, but it ended up lacking any kind of personality. Any rapper could've written that imo.

Personal

Edited by Unruly

Plage

Switch

In a souf mood.

Plage

Sunrise Driver

Any news on what's gonna happen to the Shaolin album after Shkreli gets convicted?

arch stanton

Jonesizzle

Sean Price's (final album, I'd assume) dropped yesterday, and I'm enjoying it. Unfortunate as f*ck he passed, but I'll be bumping his sh*t until I die. His track with buckshot, Apartheid, is a banger and absolutely disgusting. Definitely worth a listen..

Edited by DOOM!

Verdant

Can't stop playing this Vince Staples track!

Mister Pink

Guys, don't know if you seen the Google landing page with the 44th Hip Hop anniversary video with Fab Five Freddy? There's an awesome flash turntable game/interactive thingy where you can mix two records and scratch. It's great fun.

www.google.com

Throw in some Fab 5 Freddy for the mix..

Edited by Mister Pink

TheFranchise

I've recently discovered Childish Gambino....not only are his rap songs good, but so is his most recent album which is a more soul and R&B Album.

I am not disappointed

Edited by TheFranchise

s-u-r-y-a

Guys, don't know if you seen the Google landing page with the 44th Hip Hop anniversary video with Fab Five Freddy? There's an awesome flash turntable game/interactive thingy where you can mix two records and scratch. It's great fun.

Yeah it was very entertaining. It reminded me my first years of record digging. Many tracks and covers weren't new to me while playing that game but I made a few interesting soul discoveries.

Anyway here's one truly magnificent rap about the hip hop culture with D.ST on the turntables and the Infinity Rappers with Rahiem from Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five, on the mic.

Cosmic Gypsy

New track from me and a few friends, recorded in my bedroom June this year, beat made by me in around 2010. Project files lost however so we couldn't get the track mixed. Still worth a listen though. Rugged Boom Bap styled Hip Hop.

Jonesizzle

Cosmic Gypsy, dope sh*t man. I have a hard time understanding the U.K. accent, I've enjoyed the sh*t out of the Four Owls, but some of your dudes have a hard accent. Which one was you? That beat was insane, you have any instrumentals around?

Also, don't know if any of y'all have heard of Your Old Droog, if you have awesome... if not, this dude is Something worth a listen.

Edited by DOOM!

Hey, so there's this GTAIV song:

I never really cared about Busta Rhymes, but I always enjoyed this song. You guys know anything similar from Busta? I'm not looking for any of his mainstream tracks. Old or new doesn't matter.

@Cosmic Gypsy: that's a great track you guys got there. I also agree with DOOM, that beat is raw, gives me a lot of Mobb Deep vibes. Good lyrics and strong voices. Keep it up!

Cosmic Gypsy

Cheers guys, I'm 3rd verse on the track, the track hasn't been mixed as the vocal files were lost, i think if it was mixed it would be a lot clearer (and sound a lot better) but we do have regional accents, our accent is not so common in HipHop. And cheers for the props on the beat too.

EDIT: I don't have instrumentals uploaded, i plan to rap over all the good beats i made over time and like to keep any good beat i use on lock down to keep exclusivity.

Edited by Cosmic Gypsy

Personal

Action Bronson's Blue Chips 7000, Uzi's Luv Is Rage 2 and A$AP Mob's Cozy Tapes 2 are all dope.

Too much heat for one day.

Conici

BROCKHAMPTON's Saturation II is f*cking fire

Kippers

Everyone stay away from the new Busta Rhymes track 'Girlfriend'. It's a f*cking ear bleed. If there was an award to be given for artist who fell from their perch the hardest, it'd go to him.

Edited by Kippers

Blaze

a classic, imo smut peddlers (and rawkus records in general) don't get appreciated nearly as much as they should be

So dope. Think I'm enjoying this more than his previous work already.