Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,746 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Vito Leone

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

WastedEngland

Ive said it before, but even after al these years you can see how uk hip is still predominately influenced by 90s East coast American hip hop.

Up until everything started to sound like club/dnb music.

But I guess that's just how scenes change. I've never been a big fan of the UK scene, there is the odd track I like though.

None of it compares to this though.

gamesguru

Has anybody listened to RZA's new album, The Man with the Iron Fists Soundtrack? It's available to stream here. I'm genuinely surprised out how good it is, and it's one of the strongest projects I've heard that has been released this year. White Dress sees Kanye West at the most lyrical I think he has ever been, with the production being laced with a smooth sample from All the Way Gone, from Game's The R.E.D. Album. Rivers of Blood, The Baddest Man Alive and Chains are also highlights for me. I've already ordered my copy, but it isn't released until a month after the US release here.

Kendrick's album will be released tomorrow (23rd in the UK); as with RZA's album in the US. I've been hearing very good things. I've ordered the deluxe from Amazon. It was the only place I saw that offered the deluxe edition for the UK, but it was £20 (as it's imported). Which is outrageous. It's been a blessing this year, with releases from all three of my favourite active Hip-Hop artists (Lupe, Nas & Kendrick).

In recent months, the release of music by American artists has suffered from the incompetence of labels and distributors (whether it's the US or the UK side that is to blame, I don't know). There was a time when the UK received any American (music) content a day before the US, which was standardised alongside regular album releases. Nowadays I find myself struggling to find deluxe editions, and the random shift in dates is becoming annoying (delaying Channel Orange and Food & Liquor II by a week or more, as well as only finding two online stores that offered the deluxe version of Nas' latest album, being prime examples).

Edited by gamesguru

OH NO

Ive said it before, but even after al these years you can see how uk hip is still predominately influenced by 90s East coast American hip hop.

Up until everything started to sound like club/dnb music.

But I guess that's just how scenes change. I've never been a big fan of the UK scene, there is the odd track I like though.

Your more talking about grime mate, different scene, although obviously the two genres having obvious similarities.

Im more talking about stuff like this

I dont really f*ck with grime, grime artists spit alot and dont really say much, theyre limited by the speed of the beats. artists like blade , jehst, hollow..fem felon can drop one line that destroys a whole grime song.

In saying what I said about how uk is similar to 90s east coast..some of this new uk road rap does take cues from southern US hip hop..and not just with the whole trap talk.

guns n pork ..guns and pork haha i like it

Finn 7 five 11

Has anybody listened to RZA's new album, The Man with the Iron Fists Soundtrack? It's available to stream here. I'm genuinely surprised out how good it is, and it's one of the strongest projects I've heard that has been released this year. White Dress sees Kanye West at the most lyrical I think he has ever been, with the production being laced with a smooth sample from All the Way Gone, from Game's The R.E.D. Album. Rivers of Blood, The Baddest Man Alive and Chains are also highlights for me. I've already ordered my copy, but it isn't released until a month after the US release here.

Ah glad you showed me that, never really like RZA much since Wu-Tang's first few albums, i listened to a few of the songs, they are actually really good, i'll probably pick up the album if it releases on Itunes. As for Kanye's song on the album, meh, it's okay, don't really like Kanye's voice so it's difficult to get into it, Iron Fists was definitely my favourite song on the album, nice and raw that's how i love it, after that 'Blowin in the wind', never heard of FlatBush Zombies, they sound good.

As for the other stuff concerning the American music industry, well unfortunately i can't really comment on that.

Edited by finn4life

WastedEngland

@ OH NO

Ah my mistake, When I think of UK Hip Hop I either think of Grime or the pop music usually played in clubs.

In all honesty that Jam Baxter track superseded everything I posted in my last post, Except Guns and Pork haha.

I'm really liking just about anything by and associated with Rhymesayers at the moment:

Also Rise.

caio3771

Never heard of this Rappers you guys are referring to. Gonna try them later icon14.gif

I'm more like this songs:

grope_4_that_date

You have a really great taste in music. icon14.gif

Banks.
Alright thanks Tommy biggrin.gif I'll be fetching them soon, or downloading them (Depending on who has the rights to it) . I don't want to feed Surge Knight with my cash.

Suge won't get any money from Tupac album sales since he doesn't own Death Row anymore.

I haven't listened to Kendrick's new album yet. Well I have listened to a few tracks but not all of them.

OH NO

@ OH NO

Ah my mistake, When I think of UK Hip Hop I either think of Grime or the pop music usually played in clubs.

In all honesty that Jam Baxter track superseded everything I posted in my last post, Except Guns and Pork haha.

I'm really liking just about anything by and associated with Rhymesayers at the moment:

Also Rise.

UK underground runs deep man.

although admittedly that is bit of hip hop/grime crossover haha

Edited by OH NO

Souths CraZe
Alright thanks Tommy biggrin.gif I'll be fetching them soon, or downloading them (Depending on who has the rights to it) . I don't want to feed Surge Knight with my cash.

Suge won't get any money from Tupac album sales since he doesn't own Death Row anymore.

I haven't listened to Kendrick's new album yet. Well I have listened to a few tracks but not all of them.

Good I hated that scrote.

This is my recent favorite song. Love the YAWK YAWK YAWK part tounge.gif

AnthMUFC-Champs

Man this is one of the greatest modern rap albums no doubt at all, Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe.

gamesguru

I was greeted with this email this morning:

Hello,

We regret to inform you that the following items have been delayed as we are still awaiting stock from our suppliers :

Kendrick Lamar "Good Kid: m.A.A.d City (Deluxe Edition)"

Estimated arrival date: November 15 2012 - November 26 2012

Courtesy of Amazon. At this point, it's salt in the wounds. Why should I experience repercussions for the labels' incompetence? I'm being penalised for actually supporting an artist and their label(s). At least, that's how I see it; because whilst many others enjoy that same music for free, on and before a project's release date (without any intention of paying for it), I'm getting shafted with delays and a lack of deluxe copies, and all because I live in the UK (even though this time in particular, the album was meant to be imported from the US, which makes it even more complacent). Fantastic. Nonetheless, that won't stop me from listening to the album (along with the Target and iTunes exclusive tracks, as well as The Heart Pt. 3):

user posted image

F*ckers. I'm about to go listen to it now.

Souths CraZe

sh*t thats so annoying for you. I bought mine in a HMV, again, with the same intention of supporting Kendrick Lamar, and Aftermath. Lucky for me there's little that can go wrong when you buy it in store.

gamesguru

Was it the standard edition though? As that is pretty much available everywhere, but as far as online is concerned, Amazon was the only place offering the deluxe edition. I do bare good news however, for me at least, as I got an additional email, and it has been dispatched, so I should get it within the next few days. Although I did get another message saying that the "supplier" for RZA's album, delayed The Man with the Iron Fists until December 13th. I should of just bought it through Bandcamp and avoided that possibility. Oh well, I can still stream it anyway. I'm just happy to be getting Kendrick's album in a few days. Even though I'm currently listening to it as I type; the album is phenomenal. The production, lyricism, storytelling, atmosphere and cohesion is great.

OH NO

P!

Souths CraZe

Was it the standard edition though? As that is pretty much available everywhere, but as far as online is concerned, Amazon was the only place offering the deluxe edition. I do bare good news however, for me at least, as I got an additional email, and it has been dispatched, so I should get it within the next few days. Although I did get another message saying that the "supplier" for RZA's album, delayed The Man with the Iron Fists until December 13th. I should of just bought it through Bandcamp and avoided that possibility. Oh well, I can still stream it anyway. I'm just happy to be getting Kendrick's album in a few days. Even though I'm currently listening to it as I type; the album is phenomenal. The production, lyricism, storytelling, atmosphere and cohesion is great.

Yeah I just settled for the Standard. I'm well getting that RZA Album for the Man With the Iron Fists OST. It sounds dope, I'm not mad on Kanye West but he impressed me with White Dress or what ever the song is called.

I love the story telling, in some songs such as Sherana most young adults and adolessions can relate to it. For some reason I find myself turning it on every time I go to check Face Book or Twitter on my phone. I suppose its become some sort of Music Addiction. The story thing is huge as well, its funny, deep at some points, and just exceeds the Story Telling and atmosphere.

On another note some fresh out of Jail rapper has insulted the album. Game then responds to it saying that he has Kendricks back ect... Kendrick says he isn't a sensitive guy so why should he care. I think Game may be looking for a bit of hype to get more eyes on his new album `Jesus Peice`. Regardless I do like the old Game, but when he begins saying he is the best thing that happened to the west... and then says a `No Offense` to Calvin (Good ole' Snoopy) it becomes a bit irritating.

Anyway, hopefully getting one of these S.P hoodies. They look cool, and I need a hood because my last one lit up over a firework. tounge.gif

user posted image

user posted image

I'm a rap nerd... o well...

OchyGTA

Got tickets for Radio 1xtra Live! Kendrick Lamar and Trey Songz in a couple of weeks, it's gonna be sick!

caio3771

I don't understand why do you guys like Kendrick Lamar...

OchyGTA

Get out.....

In all seriousness, he's probably the best rapper around at the moment. Both of his albums have been quality and add his mistakes and singles into the equation, excluding 'Michael Jordan', and there aren't many who can top him. He is incredibly lyrical and his flow is also amazing. I'd say the closest too matching him is Ab - Soul but I'd need to hear a studio album before I can make current comparisons. A$AP Rocky's up there as well, can't wait for LongLiveA$AP now.

Souths CraZe

WHAT? DAMN!!!!!! SON!!!

He is amazing, Mad City! Work of art.

But honestly, best music and label at the moment is Strange Music Ink, at least I think so. Kendrick makes some sweat music with Jay Rock who is signed there.

^Ft. Kendrick

And many many more that you can dive into.....

@Ochy; Your lucky you live in an established county, best we got was De La Soul, not dissing or anything but it was practicly the Men In Black Three OST.

Banks.

His Flow and lyrics blow me away.

BoMBeRMeN

Souths CraZe

Why do I have an image of Nas driving Tomas by a train station and Biggie hanging out a trailer with a Mac Ten?

AnthMUFC-Champs

Oh my that's quality lol.gif!

OH NO

That Biggie thing has me grinning ear to ear here. Nice one.

golf wang

Is Good Kid, mAAd city worth downloading? I've heard a lot of good things but honestly I'm not a big fan of most new rap artists, I'm a 90s hip hop head. People like Tyga, Drake, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, all them, they're alright, but none of them really "grab" my interest.

Banks.
Is Good Kid, mAAd city worth downloading? I've heard a lot of good things but honestly I'm not a big fan of most new rap artists, I'm a 90s hip hop head. People like Tyga, Drake, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Frank Ocean, all them, they're alright, but none of them really "grab" my interest.

I must admit man I much prefer 90's rap but Kendrick is awesome. Give him a listen icon14.gif

Souths CraZe

Everyone in that list is sh*t bar Kendrick. Check him out, he was signed by Dre for a reason.

OH NO

Try people like KRIT, Gibbs, Skyzoo..currensy...theres loads of current artists you could give a chance.

Skyzoo talks constantly about how hes a product of the 90s, for example.

Get that Joey badass as well, sounds like it was made in the 90s, Theres even a really good posse cut at the end of the tape which made me smile and had me noddin.