Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,365 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Vito Leone

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

WastedEngland

Can ya dig it?

Mr.Mister

Bought some CDs recently, gonna give quick reviews.

user posted image

While this album received some high scoring points, im not really sure about it. The flow of his work is pretty good and I appreciate his style, but some of the songs and beats are weak. The 2nd half of this album is much better. If your looking for new music though I would suggest checking it out. Some good production, but nothing memorable (7/10)

user posted image

If you know me, then you know I'm a Curren$y fan. This album has been stuck in my car for awhile now, as it is a great album to cruise too. Of course he raps about the same stuff as always, but hes always stayed true to himself. He's got good guest appearances and some really slick beats, the main reason why I prefer this album than K.R.I.T's. The beat to "Sunroof" I find is trash. Anyways, While K.R.I.T's album has more substance to it lyrics wise, I find The Stoned Immaculate to be more appealing to me. I give it a (7.5/10)

user posted image

Despite being a whitey from suburbia, I find gangsta rap to be pretty damn awesome. I've been eyeing this album for years now but only recently picked it up. The first 5 tracks are absolute bangers. The production just reminds me of some of Mobb Deep's older work. If your looking for a collection of solid 90s albums, add this one to the list. (8.5/10)

Verdant

Edit: never mind, Hopsin was trolling. He got me so bad!

I just saw on Hopsin's Facebook page that he removed everyone off Funk Volume because of Jarred Benton. I don't think Hopsin's trolling, I believe this is legit.

Here is what Hopsin said:

Yo, I have officially removed EVERYONE off of funk volume do to Jarren Benton's slick bullsh*t move he pulled tonight!! he showed up to my concert and opened up for me wearing an outfit that I do not support! not only that, he managed to get everyone in FV to take this ridiculous pic to support him and to diss me. im done with this clown. He said him and tyler grew up together and he just wanted to get me back the whole time. f*ck jarren benton! Fv is
Edited by GtaOutKast

submerge

Edited by submerge

gamesguru

Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor II Part 1 was initially going to be released here in the UK today, September 24th. However, it was delayed yesterday by a week, with no warning or apparent reason. I restrained myself from listening to the leak, and when I heard that the album was delayed here, I was somewhat annoyed. With Lupe Fiasco being my favourite rapper, and this album being my most anticipated release this year, it's understandable. Especially with so many haters and fans alike praising it. So I figured f*ck it, I'm going to listen to the album when I was supposed to, screw these labels and their bullsh*t.

I still have my copy on pre-order anyway, and I'll be damned if they're going to force me to wait another week just because I live in the UK. All I can say is, is that it's a true return to form. Lyrical insanity and awesome production. Some songs felt nostalgic, and were very reminiscent of Enemy of the State, Food & Liquor and the Fahrenheit series. Bar two songs, this album is impeccable. I am a Stan however, and I will have to wait until the hyperbole settles before really judging it, but I'm loving it so far. I'd definitely advise you people give it a chance.

Edited by gamesguru

TonyResta

An old tune from London, this should have way more views in my opinion. Catchy hook too.

gta_player5

Man, so disappointed by the new Slaughterhouse album, the mixtape is good, I'll give them that but wow the album really sucks hard. Slaughterhouse shouldn't be pushed to change to a more mainstream sound, they need insane wordplay and lyricism over crazy beats not these sugar covered instrumentals and awful hooks. Hammer Dance is the only track I can stand and that was released ages ago. Shame.

This.

I'm a few weeks late here. This album really disappointed me, too. I had some pretty high expectations for it, especially after the On The House mixtape. There are a handful of tracks on the album, but so many of them sound like Top 40 tracks that I'll be hearing on Hot 97. Slaughterhouse is, like you said, about insane lyricism and wordplay. They must be getting pushed to change to a more mainstream sound. When I was listening that one Joe Budden line from the D.O.A. freestyle was in my head, "Know they only say hip hop is dead -- the dope sh*t is underground." That, to me, is what defines Slaughterhouse, not this album.

I liked Our House, Hammer Dance, Die and Our Way, but four tracks don't make an album. The album disappointed me pretty much from the get-go. Coffin, Throw That and Throw It Away were absolute trash. The tracks on the deluxe version didn't exactly help the album either. I was really feeling Place To Be until the hook. B.o.B. ruined the flow on that track. He shouldn't have been on that track.

I saw them at a bar back in March. They did a one hour set and it was a lot of their mixtape stuff. It was a dope show. Can't say the same for this album, though.

Souths CraZe

Really can't wait for, Good kid b.A.A.d City now, along with Xzibits Naplam lol.gif

submerge

Edited by submerge

Banks.
Really can't wait for, Good kid b.A.A.d City now, along with Xzibits Naplam lol.gif

It's actually called good kid, m.A.A.d city but yeah I'm looking forward to it too.

Also, Ice Cube's new album is out soon which I can't wait for. It's his 1oth solo album icon14.gif

caio3771

2Pac feat Ice Cube:

Banks.

One of my favourite tracks off Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z. 2Pac, Ice T and Ice Cube is a great trio.

I'm sure you have all heard about this song which was released a few weeks ago. It has Game, Chris Brown, Tyga, Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa in it and I must say that it's a really catchy song. I don't like sh*t by Lil Wayne, Tyga and Chris Brown but I like this song. Tyga kills it on this track! Wiz says two lines lol.gif

Souths CraZe

I don't like Lil' Wanye or Chris Brown. I don't mind Game. The first thing I saw was Lil' Wanye, so that was a major factor for me on that song.. tounge.gif

^Thats more my kind of Celebration song.

Dragonjack

N.W.A f*ck DA POLICE

Classic rap indeed and I still listen it. icon14.gif

caio3771

I'm sure you have all heard about this song which was released a few weeks ago. It has Game, Chris Brown, Tyga, Lil Wayne and Wiz Khalifa in it and I must say that it's a really catchy song. I don't like sh*t by Lil Wayne, Tyga and Chris Brown but I like this song. Tyga kills it on this track! Wiz says two lines lol.gif

They sampled a music by Bone-Thugs-N-Harmony as well

Oh, I never listened to it, this new rap era doesn't attract me.

Chris Brown sayin' ''Westside''?! lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Edited by caio3771

Banks.
I don't like Lil' Wanye or Chris Brown. I don't mind Game. The first thing I saw was Lil' Wanye, so that was a major factor for me on that song.. tounge.gif

I dislike Lil Wayne too but I must admit I find that song quite catchy (don't dig Lil Wayne and Chris Brown's verses that much though) icon14.gif

I don't mind Game but he's turned into bit of a fa**ot compared to what he was like when he done The Documentary

Souths CraZe

I couldn't agree with more man. Game has changed since that album.

^I had to lol at this.

Edited by Glenn.

Platinum Card

Theirs a new artist I would like for everyone to hear. He goes by Twiin and is an unsigned artist from Atlanta. He's been recording music up in VA and shoud be moving back to Atlanta soon. If you all could check out his music and give feedback that would be great. This is someone who can be taken seriously as a lyricist. Feel free to comment and give your thoughts on the artist and his music on his artist page or on his twitter.

Check out his freestyles here:

youtube.com/twiinatl

Artist Page:

Facebook.com/TwiinMusic

Music Page:

reverbnation.com/twiin

Follow him on twitter:

@IamTwiin

Edited by Platinum Card

Torcidas

Really not for everyone.. definitely my favorite group these days though.

WastedEngland

^I had to lol at this.

That was hilarious! Feel lucky I managed to see it before he took it down, Guess it was probably not his or something regarding useage. Reminds me of the freestyle battle sketch videos by Chris Rock.

Really into this kind of Hip Hop at the moment:

EduardKoeleJuck

Xzibit's Napalm sounds good so far. I haven't listened to all of it but the second song (Everything) is catchy and pretty good too imo.

Jonesizzle

I couldn't agree with more man. Game has changed since that album.

^I had to lol at this.

My friend showed me that a couple nights ago. I liked it when "DMX" jumped on the fence howlin', sh*t was hilarious.

holy f*ck, don't break your neck.

Easily my favorite Game album. I had this CD when The Documentary dropped, and people looked at me like I was crazy...

Edited by DOOM!

I Shot The Sheriff

I'm looking fordwards to Street King Immortal by 50 Cent smile.gif

Souths CraZe

Got a nice offer, ended up with three albums tounge.gif

2001 Dr.Dre,

Loyal to the Game, Tupac

good kid m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar.

Banks.

Loyal to the Game is sh*t. The beats are awful!

Souths CraZe

I'm not a big Tupac fan but I like a few songs on this.

caio3771

Loyal to the Game is not that good.but the lyrics are good as usual.

Anyway, here are some of my favorite CDS I own.

We Come Strapped - MC Eiht

All Eyez On Me - 2Pac (How to dislike this CD?)

Resurrection - 2Pac

So Much Drama - Blac Haze

Blac Haze has a unique style of rapping, amazing beats... he is a different but talented Rapper. (even if he's dead)

Check it out his musics if you haven't, you will not regret.

I like this one:

OH NO

Ive said it before, but even after al these years you can see how uk hip is still predominately influenced by 90s East coast American hip hop.

Banks.
I'm not a big Tupac fan but I like a few songs on this.

Buy All Eyez on Me, Me Against the World and The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory. Not Loyal to the Game with them sh*tty beats oh and don't buy Pac's Life either icon14.gif

Souths CraZe

Alright thanks Tommy biggrin.gif I'll be fetching them soon, or downloading them (Depending on who has the rights to it) . I don't want to feed Surge Knight with my cash.