Zodiac

Canofceleri

Canofceleri

Just saw it today. My favorite of Fincher's films. It's just great, right up my alley. Some might not have the patience (I've heard some say it's too long), but I did and loved it. Of all his films, I'd say this is the most effective and thoughtful.

Canofceleri

I enjoyed Se7en, but Zodiac is smarter, more mature, and a better made film with fewer flaws than any of his other movies. To me.

topdogkiller

oh, I'm about to see it. I asked one of my friends and he felt it didn't reach a level that se7en did. He said that it wasn't that depth.

• 2 months later...
JoeyLeone25

I found the film 'Zodiac Killer' a year or so back and it got me really interested in the Zodiac killer and how he evaded capture and tainted the police for years, it wasn't a fantastic film, but it was darn interesting and insightful.

I've been keeping an eye on this since it was released months ago in the US, and finally the distributors have got off there arses and it's coming to UK Cinema's on Friday. Fantastic! (Still, I wonder why it took them nearly two and a half months to get it into European Cinema's...)

Really looking forward to this film as it's not only directed by Fincher (Panic Room, Fight Club, Se7en), but the whole subject of the Zodiac Killer, this person who has murdered maybe hundreds of people of the years, yet nobody still knows who he is really intrigues me (I'll say it, I'm a Crime Buff!)...hell he could be sat next to you in the Cinema watching the film with you!

Anyway, anybody in the UK/Europe, catch this film.

TheDude5000

Se7en is a really good movie, I've seen Fight Club a few times and that looks awesome too, I'll try and catch Zodiac on cable sometime. From what I remember it got great reviews, but didn't do too well at the box office or something..I'm just glad it got good reviews, remember Fight Club didn't do good at the box office either but it's like a cult classic now.

I'm torn between seeing this or Black Snake Moan tomorrow.

Whichever I don't see tomorrow, I'll hopefully see on Monday anyway. smile.gif

scMmGsh.jpg

Rayo Puño

Zodiac was good, but it was just drawn out sooo much. Se7en is better.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from seeing Zodiac and i thought it was awesome! As it's a follow the clues kinda film, there is a lot of just talking to suspects etc so i thought it would be kinda boring, but it gets really interesting and you find yourself following the clues and trying to figure things out along with the chatacters. (Well i did anyways) To put it simply, i was glued to the screen.

The acting was excellent, a great pick of actors. and the whole way through, the film had this kinda creepy edge to it Mainly thanks to Jake Gyllenhaal, he's just so good in this kind fo role. I dunno why but the film just rocks and i really recommend seeing it.

I've also gotten really interesting in the whole Zodiac killer thing now. I wanna know how things panned out in real life after the events of the film. (Even thought it summerized it afterwards) Wikipedia here we come!

kippers.png

The first murder at the start of the movie is what really got me going. Mind you i was blitzed out of my damn skull and no clue what movie i was watching. And just papapow i was like.

wow.

Good movie

You know the bad guy from Dirty Harry was based on Zodiac. Methinks it's time to watch Clint at his best....

Scarface187
You know the bad guy from Dirty Harry was based on Zodiac. Methinks it's time to watch Clint at his best....

user posted image

Now I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?"

God I love that movie.

user posted image

Rain Ocampo

I can't wait to see it, I love his earlier work. I'm probably going to go and see it sometime this week now that college is over.

GodfatherITB

That movie looked good. I wanted to see it when it was in theaters, but I had no such luck. I'll catch it on DVD when it come out.