Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (84,962 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Raindancer

Sig Re-Enable Request Thread.

Question

Raindancer

Rules:

1. This topic isn't for complaining, if you feel your sig was disabled unfairly then talk to the whoever disabled it.

2. Don't go off-topic, this topic is for requests on sigs, not talk on your new pink slippers (although mine are very nice).

If it's not re-enabled in 5 seconds, don't fret. We're probably banning something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the wonder that is 'The Internet', we bring you a new era in signature size rules. And more importantly, a new era of signature size rule enforcement.

The Rules

1. No signature can be over 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall. That's 500x150. This is INCLUSIVE of any text you have in your signature!

2. The cumulative filesize of all the images in your signature must not exceed 80 kb's.

3. Similarly, avatars must not exceed 80kb.

- see update below.

How are they to be enforced?
• The 'Edit Signature' page in your control panel shows a green box around your sig. This box will display red lines if your signature is breaking the 500x150 limit. If the box is all green, that means you're ok. If it shows red however, then your sig IS breaking the limit, and no amount of crying and complaining will change that fact. Remember, If you see red, it's too big. If you don't change it, your signature rights will be revoked until you DO change it. If you persist in making oversized signatures, your account will be suspended.

•The server will now check the filesize of all the images in your sig. If the total filesize of your signature exceeds the 80kb limit, the server will refuse to save it. If an image appears twice, it's filesize is only counted once.

Sadly, this is not foolproof. Nor is it idiot proof. You could overwrite the image on your host to get around the filesize checker, or you could use an image rotator to 'confuse' the script. If you did something like that, then we'd have to give you one of those oh so terrible temporary bans. We're not saying rotators are illegal, we're saying you have to check the file sizes yourself.

•The server will now check how many images are in your signature. If there is more than 10 seperate images in your sig, your changes will not be saved. If an image appears twice, it is only counted once.

What if I break the rules?
•If your signature is over the limit, and we see it, your signature will be disabled. Once you have fixed your signature, make a post HERE and ask a staff member to check your signature. If it's ok, we'll re-enable it. If you continually make oversized signatures we can only assume you're doing so to annoy us and you will be suspended. Continue it and you will be banned. Forever.

Anything else?
All old signature rules are out the window. That means people like Moto will no longer have the privelege of wearing 150kb signature images. Official gangs will no longer have 20 pixels over everyone else either, the only official gang perks now are the Group Images. Sorry, but these are the new rules, and they must apply to everyone. Exceptions create confusion.

•We can now disable your signature whenever we want. If you're being an ass, don't be surprised if your signature rights are revoked.

ADDENDUM (8th Jan 2005): Sexual imagery is banned in signatures and avatars. Women or men in signatures is no problem, including bikinis, hotpants, the usual glamour modelling outfits, and all the other stuff we see in the everyday media. However sexually suggestive images, even if they don't technically contain nudity, are not considered appropriate for this forum.

[Prodded 6th Oct 2006]

• Your avatar is the square image that appears under your username next to each post.

• The maximum size of an avatar is 64×64 pixels. Exceptions are some pre-installed avatars, which measure 80×80 pixels.

The rules regarding signature content also apply to avatars.

Maximum filesize is 80kb. Please note this is the maximum, not the target. You are recommended to keep avatar filesizes below 20kb. Use whatever filesize you like. Just don't expect anyone on 56k to see it if it's huge. And don't cry to us when your server's bandwith is raped.

In Summation
We're hoping that these new rules will finally spell the end for the Sig Size headaches we staff get everyday. It seems to us that forum members simply refuse to adhere to our very simple requests. We'd rather not have to hack iPb to pieces just to get some idiots to listen to us, but it looks like there's no other way. We also hope that everyone will be happy with these new rules. The general sig area is not bigger than usual, and you can fill it with as much text and images as you can, as long as they're within the (rather lenient, if you ask me) rules.

Remember, these rules are for the good of the forums. If you don't like our rules, you are more than welcome to leave.

These rules will come into effect immediately.

Edits:

1: Changed 'post' to 'topic'.

2: Added rule to protect against sexual content of signatures and avatars.

3: Changed 'topic' to 'post'.

4: Removed all occurences of "star", seeing as the warning stars were removed.

5: Sexual content rules added.

6: Avatar section added 10/09/05.

Edited by Raindancer

coolguy96

Sorry for that. notify.gif my sig is all good now. can you please fix it?? thanks in advance icon14.gif

-done-

Edited by Xcommunicated

Miami-Florida.

Sorry to be of annoyance but could someone Enable my Signature again and maybe condense my Signature Picture to fit into the limits.

Thanks.

Miami-Florida.

Miro

Your signature can only be enabled after you re-size the picture. It's way too big, being 800x533 pixels, when the limits are 500x150 pixels. I did re-size it so that it'd fit in the limits, but you need to replace the current code of the current picture with the one below in your signature control panel. Do that, and when a mod sees your request of enabling in this topic the signature will be back up. icon14.gif

user posted image

o6ni.jpg

Jack Mancini

Yeah my old sig was disabled but i have a new one which is fine but it is still disabled can anyone help?

uNi

Enabled.

MagzGTA

Hey my old sig was accidentally too big and got disabled, then I put a smaller file there, but my sig is still disabled. Help?

Thanks

-done-

Edited by Xcommunicated

The Wolfman

Been disabled again after i changed it, mind enabling it?

Tacymist

user posted image

Notice the red lines? It's stretching the boundaries. It has to be all green before they can re-enable it for you.

Try using this, I resized it for you:

user posted image

http://i.imgur.com/9YBmMpU.png

Edit:

Also worth mentioning, if you ever change your sig, make sure you use an image no bigger than 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels high. That's the maximum size allowed, if you add anything bigger than that you'll get it disabled again. Just a heads up.

Edited by Tacymist

The Wolfman

user posted image

Notice the red lines? It's stretching the boundaries. It has to be all green before they can re-enable it for you.

Try using this, I resized it for you:

user posted image

http://i.imgur.com/9YBmMpU.png

Edit:

Also worth mentioning, if you ever change your sig, make sure you use an image no bigger than 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels high. That's the maximum size allowed, if you add anything bigger than that you'll get it disabled again. Just a heads up.

thank you colgate.gif

And yeah, i will resize it whenever i make a new signature

-done-

Edited by Xcommunicated

GroundZero

My signature is oversized, can somebody fix it for me, please?

Miro

Would this be good for you? I thought of re-sizing the picture, but putting the text aside it would look much more interesting. Note that in the signature, the linked text won't appear under-lined.

user posted image

The GTAForums Guess the football team! game!

[table][img=http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/9374/s2m7.png]The GTAForums [b][i]Guess the football team![/i][/b] game![/table]

Make sure to copy the code exactly the wait it is, with all the left spaces. Put that code instead of the one you have right now, here. icon14.gif

Edited by miromiro

GroundZero

It still appears as oversized to me, on the very low left and right corners...

Miro

Yeah, it's because of the tables. I've updated my post above with a smaller picture. Use that one. icon14.gif

GroundZero

Hey, thanks a lot, man, I appreciate your help. icon14.gif

Kill Frenzy!
The limits are 500x150 pixels, yours was 455x158 pixels, with 8 pixels above the height limit.

However, I've re-sized the picture for you, and made it 432x150, fitting the limits.

All you have to do is to copy paste the code in your signature control panel.

user posted image

[img=http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/2285/ndw.png]

Thanks for your help miro, but it's still too big friend sad.gif

Miro

Nope, it fits the limits just perfectly. I tried it on my own account and didn't see not even a red point. If you think that it's still too big because it's still disabled, that's because the signature has to be manually enabled by a moderator. All you have to do is use the re-sized image I posted and wait for a moderator to enabled your signature. icon14.gif

Kill Frenzy!
Nope, it fits the limits just perfectly. I tried it on my own account and didn't see not even a red point. If you think that it's still too big because it's still disabled, that's because the signature has to be manually enabled by a moderator. All you have to do is use the re-sized image I posted and wait for a moderator to enabled your signature. icon14.gif

I'm not sure you're right because I see red lines in my signature tounge.gif But sure I trust you, lets wait for a friendly moderator who makes the problems fix icon14.gif

Miro

I think this is a matter of the browser you're using. I've read numerous times when the signature appears over-sized in some browsers while in other it doesn't. I use Firefox, and I can tell that it's 100% accurate, since I've made sure myself that I re-sized your picture, through Paint.NET and I set it to 150 pixels in height. But still, if you aren't sure of this, I just re-sized it again, made it this time 418x145 pixels, now it should appear within the limits on any browser. icon14.gif

user posted image

[img=http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/774/3mj.png]

Exkabewbikadid

I'm not sure you're right because I see red lines in my signature tounge.gif But sure I trust you, lets wait for a friendly moderator who makes the problems fix icon14.gif

It's fine. Enabled.

Kill Frenzy!

#miromiro - I use Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox on my PC but I was on my mothers and she only has Internet Explorer. Thanks anyways icon14.gif

#Xcommunicated - Thanks mate icon14.gif

TheGTAone

Can you help me? re-enabling my signature? The old one was over limits.

Edited by TheGTAone

Tacymist

It's still over the limit. Yours is 500x200. Needs to be no larger than 500x150.

I resized it for you, this one is within the limits:

user posted image

[img=http://i.imgur.com/zd5VhXz.jpg]

eltoro13

my new signature is the right side now

user posted image

its 462x148

D J Finn

May someone please look at mine? It appears to show no red, but it has been disabled.

v This is it v

user posted image

Starz

Could someone please enable my signature. It's not showing up.

http://i.imgur.com/8MMwX.jpg

Thanks smile.gif

-done-

Edited by Xcommunicated

TheGTAone

Now my signature is ok, thanks. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

user posted image

-done-

Edited by Xcommunicated

Gurjot95

Didn't realized my sign was oversized, sorry! Here is the new one. Can any mod enable my sign if this is fine? Thanks.

user posted image

Tacymist

There's some sort of odd space in your BBcode causing your sig to stretch the boundaries. It had me puzzled for a moment because your image itself is well within the boundaries.

Try this:

[img=http://i.imgur.com/kIcZGyu.jpg]

That should fix it.

Edited by Tacymist

GrimeyBandz_

I need my sig re-enabled. It got disabled.

Thanks.

-Guess this one got overlooked. Done-

Edited by Xcommunicated

THEREALRIK

not really sure why my signature was disabled, i made sure it wasnt taller than 150 pixels, and its definitely not 500 pixels wide. anyone know why it got disabled?