Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums! (92,425 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

Raindancer

Sig Re-Enable Request Thread.

Question

Raindancer

Rules:

1. This topic isn't for complaining, if you feel your sig was disabled unfairly then talk to the whoever disabled it.

2. Don't go off-topic, this topic is for requests on sigs, not talk on your new pink slippers (although mine are very nice).

If it's not re-enabled in 5 seconds, don't fret. We're probably banning something.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to the wonder that is 'The Internet', we bring you a new era in signature size rules. And more importantly, a new era of signature size rule enforcement.

The Rules

1. No signature can be over 500 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall. That's 500x150. This is INCLUSIVE of any text you have in your signature!

2. The cumulative filesize of all the images in your signature must not exceed 80 kb's.

3. Similarly, avatars must not exceed 80kb.

- see update below.

How are they to be enforced?
• The 'Edit Signature' page in your control panel shows a green box around your sig. This box will display red lines if your signature is breaking the 500x150 limit. If the box is all green, that means you're ok. If it shows red however, then your sig IS breaking the limit, and no amount of crying and complaining will change that fact. Remember, If you see red, it's too big. If you don't change it, your signature rights will be revoked until you DO change it. If you persist in making oversized signatures, your account will be suspended.

•The server will now check the filesize of all the images in your sig. If the total filesize of your signature exceeds the 80kb limit, the server will refuse to save it. If an image appears twice, it's filesize is only counted once.

Sadly, this is not foolproof. Nor is it idiot proof. You could overwrite the image on your host to get around the filesize checker, or you could use an image rotator to 'confuse' the script. If you did something like that, then we'd have to give you one of those oh so terrible temporary bans. We're not saying rotators are illegal, we're saying you have to check the file sizes yourself.

•The server will now check how many images are in your signature. If there is more than 10 seperate images in your sig, your changes will not be saved. If an image appears twice, it is only counted once.

What if I break the rules?
•If your signature is over the limit, and we see it, your signature will be disabled. Once you have fixed your signature, make a post HERE and ask a staff member to check your signature. If it's ok, we'll re-enable it. If you continually make oversized signatures we can only assume you're doing so to annoy us and you will be suspended. Continue it and you will be banned. Forever.

Anything else?
All old signature rules are out the window. That means people like Moto will no longer have the privelege of wearing 150kb signature images. Official gangs will no longer have 20 pixels over everyone else either, the only official gang perks now are the Group Images. Sorry, but these are the new rules, and they must apply to everyone. Exceptions create confusion.

•We can now disable your signature whenever we want. If you're being an ass, don't be surprised if your signature rights are revoked.

ADDENDUM (8th Jan 2005): Sexual imagery is banned in signatures and avatars. Women or men in signatures is no problem, including bikinis, hotpants, the usual glamour modelling outfits, and all the other stuff we see in the everyday media. However sexually suggestive images, even if they don't technically contain nudity, are not considered appropriate for this forum.

[Prodded 6th Oct 2006]

• Your avatar is the square image that appears under your username next to each post.

• The maximum size of an avatar is 64×64 pixels. Exceptions are some pre-installed avatars, which measure 80×80 pixels.

The rules regarding signature content also apply to avatars.

Maximum filesize is 80kb. Please note this is the maximum, not the target. You are recommended to keep avatar filesizes below 20kb. Use whatever filesize you like. Just don't expect anyone on 56k to see it if it's huge. And don't cry to us when your server's bandwith is raped.

In Summation
We're hoping that these new rules will finally spell the end for the Sig Size headaches we staff get everyday. It seems to us that forum members simply refuse to adhere to our very simple requests. We'd rather not have to hack iPb to pieces just to get some idiots to listen to us, but it looks like there's no other way. We also hope that everyone will be happy with these new rules. The general sig area is not bigger than usual, and you can fill it with as much text and images as you can, as long as they're within the (rather lenient, if you ask me) rules.

Remember, these rules are for the good of the forums. If you don't like our rules, you are more than welcome to leave.

These rules will come into effect immediately.

Edits:

1: Changed 'post' to 'topic'.

2: Added rule to protect against sexual content of signatures and avatars.

3: Changed 'topic' to 'post'.

4: Removed all occurences of "star", seeing as the warning stars were removed.

5: Sexual content rules added.

6: Avatar section added 10/09/05.

Edited by Raindancer

GlamFM

Why was my sig disabled?

Thought it was a nice way to avoid repeating myself over and over.

Narcis_speed6
Why was my sig disabled?

The last line of the text makes it oversized, hence the red lines on the sides.

user posted image

Miro

It's disabled because the text makes it over sized. Apparently you added too much.

Do you see those RED lines I surrounded with WHITE? Those show that your signature is way too over-sized, as it looks like in your profile. You may see how the text goes beyond the 500x150 size limit. To fix this, you need to re-size the picture. Luckily for you, I already fixed the signature for you, by making the yellow text a little smaller. All you have to do is to copy paste the code in your signature control panel.

I like stating the obvious. I get a lot of hate for it. I can take it.

While I agree the numbers T2 gave out hint strongly towards a release this FY the confidence to back it up with a release date doesn´t seem to be there.

The game of course would only benefit from a date - preorders and whatnot.

Numbers are quick to change and T2 have messed with investors plenty of times.

If I strictly rely on stuff we actually know and leave all the assumptions aside it´s really hard to believe the game is right around the corner.

The earliest possible date seems march - especially with the other stuff T2 has in the pipeline.

However 2 more month and you have that May timeframe R* and T2 are really confortable with..

Would also give Bioshock more time wich seems to be in development hell.

I like stating the obvious. I get a lot of hate for it. I can take it.While I agree the numbers T2 gave out hint strongly towards a release this FY the confidence to back it up with a release date doesn´t seem to be there.The game of course would only benefit from a date - preorders and whatnot.Numbers are quick to change and T2 have messed with investors plenty of times.If I strictly rely on stuff we actually know and leave all the assumptions aside it´s really hard to believe the game is right around the corner.The earliest possible date seems march - especially with the other stuff T2 has in the pipeline.However 2 more month and you have that May timeframe R* and T2 are really confortable with..Would also give Bioshock more time wich seems to be in development hell.

GlamFM

Ah ok! Thank you!

Will be fixed in a minute!

BullworthAcademy

While I was changing my sig,it got disabled.Now i have fixed my sig and it fits perfectly.

LaUgHiN gUy

I have now fixed my sig. If it is not fixed then please tell me. icon14.gif

UnusedReseacher

My sign has been disabled, please fix it biggrin.gif

lol232

I fixed my signature so please Enable it.

Thank you in advance.

Wayne Daniels

I changed my sig to the right size so if someone could please enable it that'll be great icon14.gif

Enabled

Edited by Girish

Wayne Daniels

^^cheers man

Mega

My signature was too large and it was disabled, so i fixed it. Can it be re-enabled?

Exkabewbikadid
My signature was too large and it was disabled, so i fixed it. Can it be re-enabled?

Your tags were causing it to be way over, so I redid them and set the font size to 0 for you, so it's fine now. Enabled.

Pilotmonkey

I understand The rules. The signature Can not be outside the Green. I want my signature back please

Enabled

Edited by Girish

EDDYHarris

Request link signature http://i.imgur.com/2kmVW.gif can you enable

-done-

Edited by Xcommunicated

SAVE_US_GTA

Hey

My SIG was disabled due to it being over-sized, i do apologize it was my first day on here hehe kinda new and all, but regardless i have made the changes now am just wondering if you could approve of it

Cheers

SAVE_US_GTA

Enabled

Edited by Girish

lolleroz

yo adminz sry i was checkin my sig size yo now its fixed nawimsayin????????????????? unban pls??

OH NVM ITS FIXED SRY ADMINZ SRY FOR SPAM

CrazyRaisin

Why was my sig disabled? Was it too big?

I changed it to a smaller image now.

Approve if possible biggrin.gif

icon14.gif

Edited by CrazyRaisin

Miro

It's still over-size, let me show you why. smile.gif

Do you see those RED lines I surrounded with WHITE? Those show that your signature has a huge height, more exactly 136x200 pixels, the limits being 500x150. To fix this, you need to re-size the picture. Luckily for you, I already re-sized the image and made it 102x150 pixels, enough to fit in the rules. All you have to do is to copy paste the code in your signature control panel.

user posted image

nopeu.jpg

CrazyRaisin
It's still over-size, let me show you why. smile.gif

Do you see those RED lines I surrounded with WHITE? Those show that your signature has a huge height, more exactly 136x200 pixels, the limits being 500x150. To fix this, you need to re-size the picture. Luckily for you, I already re-sized the image and made it 102x150 pixels, enough to fit in the rules. All you have to do is to copy paste the code in your signature control panel.

user posted image

nopeu.jpg

Thank you

EmSixTeen
Beep bep. Need mine done.

universetwisters

May I get my signature re-enabled? I removed all the extra text and it fits into the box nicely.

Enabled

Edited by Girish

La Familia Almeida

Can i get my signature re enabled please I made the signature perfect size now.

Enabled

Edited by Girish

Black Sunshine

Should be within size limits now.

Sorry about that.

MGkiller97

I changed mine........Sorry bout it being too big bit hard seeing the red when your partially colourblind confused.gif

Enabled

Edited by Girish

The Made Man

Can I please get my sig enabled. Its a perfect size..

Enabled

Edited by Girish

Sheriffz0rz

Can I get my sig enabled? Sorry for inconvenience.

Ash_735

Requesting mine to be enabled, didn't even know it was disabled, I don't recall ever having a sig here!

RobertNick

I would like to have my signature re-enabled as I fixed the size. Thanks.

Done.

Edited by Seddo

Lock n' Stock

I made mine smaller. You can re-enable it.