3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA IV Trailer Countdown

adamcs

rockstar will probably have the trailer in an 80x80 res or something just to screw around with us lol

Like on the Manhunt 2 trailer? Yeah.

UnitedDestruction

rockstar will probably have the trailer in an 80x80 res or something just to screw around with us lol

dunno, i never saw it, but i guess ill go take a look

edit: i dunno it was a little bit bigger than 80x80

80x80:

user posted image

Edited by UnitedDestruction

well.. i wouldn't care if it was 80x80 i would still try and play it at full screen.. even if it did just look like a bunch of coloured dots jumping about.. i wouldn't care... it's GTA4 baby.... let it slide

dunno, i never saw it, but i guess ill go take a look

edit: i dunno it was a little bit bigger than 80x80

80x80:

user posted image

it should be available in HD 1280x720p as other trailers on the R* site

The_New_Man2007
Remember when we got the first info about San Andreas back in early 2004. It was at E3 I'm pretty sure, roughly about April or May. We got some basic info and I believe 3 screenshots. The point I'm making is that it is now March. By the time this trailer is released it will pretty much be the start of April, which will really be earlier than the time we first got info about San Andreas.

I really didn't expect the release of information for GTA 4 to be as abundant or forthcoming as information on San Andreas, nor did I expect information to come as early. Remember back to when the first San Andreas trailer was released? It was around the END of AUGUST. I really doubt that with GTA 4 they will be so liberal with giving out information about the game as they have been with previous GTA games. Because of all this, I believe it is way to early for a massive title such as GTA 4 to have the cover pulled off it this early. That is why a large part of me thinks we will get to know very little to almost nothing in this trailer, but hey thats just me.

I believe they will. I guess the trailer will be good enough to speak for itself, period.

IMO the trailer will be 30sec-1:30

it will contain the place(or at least a skyline that is recognizable), the main char(s), and the time frame it is set in.

everyone!!!!! listen up!!! to bring the timer down, change your system clock to the 29th of march!!! you can only bring the timer down to 10 hours though but still you will have the trailer in 10 hours once you've done it!!!!!!!
IMO the trailer will be 30sec-1:30

it will contain the place(or at least a skyline that is recognizable), the main char(s), and the time frame it is set in.

You may be onto to something there, they want to reveal at least a little bit for speculation, let the gums flap a little bit. It'll give Rockstar something to laugh at while they're putting the finishing touches on the game.

everyone!!!!! listen up!!! to bring the timer down, change your system clock to the 29th of march!!! you can only bring the timer down to 10 hours though but still you will have the trailer in 10 hours once you've done it!!!!!!!

Actually, i imagine the trailer isn't locked away on the site already and pre-hosted, i imagine R* will just upload it to the site once the countdown has already passed to prevent things like that from happening.

Blind Joe Death

OMG DOES THIS MEAN I CAN CHANGE MY CLOCK TO OCTOBER 16TH AND THEN GET A COPY OF GTA IV! sarcasm.gif

I thought you were smarter than that mate like seriously.

Hahahaa... That's just stupid.

But I am going to exploit/debug/whatever the SWF maybe there is a link to the trailer in it already.

Propably not but it's worth a shot.

Good luck with that my friend. I doubt you'll find anything though, I believe that R* will upload it when they're damn well ready... which will be somewhere around the 29th or something. I'll pat you on the back if u do find a way though. icon14.gif

well, actually, i got that idea from another topic on this site, and i changed the colck to 00:00:00:00 but it just restarted.

Well yeah, that's what the video showed what happend. lol

Funny thing is, I'm looking more forward to getting my hands on the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion rather than the Trailer. lol wow.gif

lThe trailer is going to be released too late for me blush.gif

oh well i will sneak on the computer at midnight to see the timer go zero lol! AND AWAIT THE BEST TRAILER FOR THE NEXT BEST GAME OF YEAR 2007 (well hopefully!) biggrin.gif

Actually, I was planning to g about my business and just get the trailer whenever I can, but I think I'll wait by the computer to see that timer hit 0. it's about time I be a part of one of the best events in history and i'm old enough to understand it biggrin.gifrah.gif .

If you sync your time with a reliant internet server and adjust it 5 seconds forward during the last few minutes before the trailer countdown is over, you will be able to see the trailer five seconds early.

Edited by Brish
I think people are overdoing it now.

It's a trailer.

What's so exciting about it?

This is GTAforums GTA4 section mate, overdoing things are what the people here do best.

It would be funny if it was a trailer for the trailer.... "Coming June 2007... the trailer to the most anticipated game of all time" smile.gif.

It would be funny if it was a trailer for the trailer.... "Coming June 2007... the trailer to the most anticipated game of all time" smile.gif.

Ywes, it"d be so muxh fun! (hard to typw when you've shovd needles under your finghrnails)