4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA IV Trailer Countdown

adamcs

id just like to point out that 2/3 days before april fools and the whole big countdown for a trailer really doesnt seem to be real enough for me to believe it...

its just my opinion but personaly i think its a joke...anyone remember last year? the "trailor" with gta4 slapped on the back that was on ign...

i may be wrong...but yea...

monocle.gif

This time its for real. Because Rockstar cant afford messing with people. It would be a very bad idea. Why would it be a joke? Its for real because its official and the whole world is watching.

If i have the IV website set as my desktop do i have to refresh the page when the counter hits zero?

I don't think so. It's all flash I think, so it should just open a window of the trailer.

This is what I have been waiting for since they first announced it being released on the 360. I'm glad we get a trailer first, and I am really hoping that they reveal a lot about the setting, graphics, sound, and gameplay in this trailer. Just to see how rockstar is approaching the next gen with a new GTA.

I guarantee it will not disappoint though! Maybe a screenshot or two now would be good to hold us all off wink.gif

I wouldn't worry about it being a fake. This is definately for real.

If they were gonna do an April Fool joke they would have done it the day before April 1st to get everyone excited for a shorter period instead of a month!

And even if it is a fake, big deal? GTA4 will eventually come, if anything this trailer is gonna make you want the game so badly that these 20 day will be nothing compared to the actual time of release...the end of October.

I enjoy the summer, and I don't wanna be controlled by this, October 19th/16th next year in my eyes is quite a distance away, I don't want the time flying by because I've been looking forward to summer so much, and waiting for GTA 4 is like saying 'I'm waiting for the winter'.

My point is I'm ok waiting.

id just like to point out that 2/3 days before april fools and the whole big countdown for a trailer really doesnt seem to be real enough for me to believe it...

its just my opinion but personaly i think its a joke...anyone remember last year? the "trailor" with gta4 slapped on the back that was on ign...

monocle.gif

good find there mate, i didn't notice that yet, I really don't think R* would let us wait like this for nothing, they'll stun us for sure!

monocle.gif

good find there mate, i didn't notice that yet, I really don't think R* would let us wait like this for nothing, they'll stun us for sure!

I think you missunderstood him.

Blind Joe Death
When will this Trailer bloody come out. It feels like forever. I had a dream last night that it came out and then just before it played my mum woke me up to get ready for the beach. I then ran to the computer thinking that it was released but then remembered there is still two weeks left. sad.gif

Haha, i had a dream about it too. How sad is that? I was so dissapointed when i saw it, ..it was like... cel shaded. I remember someone telling me "Oh it's based on the original GTA that's why it looks so cartoony". Which made me think hang on, how can it be based on that when it was set in LC/VC and SA? Strange dream. Must..get..life.

Look like no official info about this game this week besides the coundown.I hope next week we`ll get more info `cuz when I watch the coutdown looks like is slowing down....damn....can`t take it anymore.

Still 18 days and 4 hours `till the long awaited trailer...

Edited by GycuBrun
PortlandChainsawMasquerade

Can't wait to see the new trailer, its gonna be awesome, I hope it'll show the location of the game.

Edited by PortlandChainsawMasquerade
Haha, i had a dream about it too. How sad is that? I was so dissapointed when i saw it, ..it was like... cel shaded. I remember someone telling me "Oh it's based on the original GTA that's why it looks so cartoony". Which made me think hang on, how can it be based on that when it was set in LC/VC and SA? Strange dream. Must..get..life.

I think Rockstar put subliminal messages on the trailer countdown page to make people dream about the trailer, I’m not going to lie. I too had a dream the GTA IV trailer came out, and not just one trailer came out but 3! But the first two were about 30 seconds long and the last one had some guy from Rockstar explaining the game engine/graphical capabilities.

I think Rockstar put subliminal messages on the trailer countdown page to make people dream about the trailer, I’m not going to lie. I too had a dream the GTA IV trailer came out, and not just one trailer came out but 3! But the first two were about 30 seconds long and the last one had some guy from Rockstar explaining the game engine/graphical capabilities.

That was no dream, that was a vision. The guy in the last trailer discusses R.A.G.E. and Euhporia biggrin.gif

"We at rockstar have decided to return to the top-down 2D viewpoint, this allows us to make a map of the whole world using the amount of space on Blu-Ray... the whole world with only 90-degree roads too!)

im sorry if somebody has already asked this or stated this but there are so many pages and i am sure that i ahve been through them all, if i missed something then once again im sorry.

now then i would like to ask if this is correct as im not to sure and could be wrong, but from the calculations i have done is it true that the countdown timer will finish at midnight GMT on the 29th/30th of march if so ,then could that be something pointing towards London ie. new era, new universe new day etc. etc. its a long stretch but thats just something i've been thinking.

once again sorry if it has been posted already but there are alot of posts to go through so yeah.

Hayden Stasven
im sorry if somebody has already asked this or stated this but there are so many pages and i am sure that i ahve been through them all, if i missed something then once again im sorry.

now then i would like to ask if this is correct as im not to sure and could be wrong, but from the calculations i have done is it true that the countdown timer will finish at midnight GMT on the 29th/30th of march if so ,then could that be something pointing towards London ie. new era, new universe new day etc. etc. its a long stretch but thats just something i've been thinking.

once again sorry if it has been posted already but there are alot of posts to go through so yeah.

That seems a rather accurate assumption. If they wanted to end it on the day exactly for no particular reason, they would have set it to the International Date Line. Nice thinking. icon14.gif

Blind Joe Death

Sorry but that makes no sense. Please explain.

ok.. well a few months ago there were reports that Rockstar was heading in an all new direction for GTA4, (don't ask me to source it cause i've seen so many reports and stuff in the last few months i wouldn't know where to start) as in new universe new era, new engine etc. etc. so my thought was that because the countdown timer finishes at 12am... or isit 12pm.. well.. midnight GMT on whatever day i think.. the 30th.. could it be seen as a new day... and unless im wrong doesnt the GMT run through or near england??

i know it can be confussing i have trouble understanding my own thoughts sometime... sorry

Blind Joe Death

ok.. well a few months ago there were reports that Rockstar was heading in an all new direction for GTA4, (don't ask me to source it cause i've seen so many reports and stuff in the last few months i wouldn't know where to start) as in new universe new era, new engine etc. etc. so my thought was that because the countdown timer finishes at 12am... or isit 12pm.. well.. midnight GMT on whatever day i think.. the 30th.. could it be seen as a new day... and unless im wrong doesnt the GMT run through or near england??

i know it can be confussing i have trouble understanding my own thoughts sometime... sorry

Yeah I kind of get what your saying. But really you could say anything is a hint to what GTA IV will be like. Myself I reckon they did it as GMT Midnight because it is just a suitable time to put it as it is the end/start of a new day and GMT is the middle of all the times. Lol I kind of confused myself there as well.

Yeah I kind of get what your saying. But really you could say anything is a hint to what GTA IV will be like. Myself I reckon they did it as GMT Midnight because it is just a suitable time to put it as it is the end/start of a new day and GMT is the middle of all the times. Lol I kind of confused myself there as well.

most probably... but i like to think outside the box.. by a few kms....

well.. now the only thing we can do is wait and see... though i can imagine being something that nobody has thought of... i mean.. a location... or maybe the trailer won't show the trailer...

or maybe it 's in australia.. because i get it at 8am... and im GMT+8 and they knew that i would be here... and it was all made for me... biggrin.gif

The counter takes its time from the system clock, which means that it ends on March 30th at 01:00 here in Finland. At that time, it's midnight in Germany and France, for instance.

Or that's what I though before I remembered the daylight saving time (DST):

"All countries in Europe except Iceland observe DST and change on the same date and time, starting on the last Sunday in March and ending on the last Sunday in October."

-Wikipedia

That changes things, so that it really is midnight already in Britain, when the counter reaches zero. So, your calculations miraculously ended up giving the right answer, despite being wrong. tounge2.gif

The counter takes its time from the system clock, which means that it ends on March 30th at 01:00 here in Finland. At that time, it's midnight in Germany and France, for instance.

"All countries in Europe except Iceland observe DST and change on the same date and time, starting on the last Sunday in March and ending on the last Sunday in October."

-Wikipedia

That changes things, so that it really is midnight already in Britain, when the counter reaches zero. So, your calculations miraculously ended up giving the right answer, despite being wrong. tounge2.gif

well im in DST now, and i've changed the time to see what would happen and would you believe it... it adopts to it.. try it now.. put you clock 1 hour forward and see what happens...

i put mine back 1 hour and then looked at the countdown.. it was 1 hour more then it should have been.. it finishs a 8am at GMT+8... with or without DST... so... im not really wrong.. because it will still be 0:00... when it reaches 0... but it will just be one hour earlier... so.. yeah... if you understand that.. if not just put you clock forward or back one hour and the countdown timer should compensate

-Wikipedia

well im in DST now, and i've changed the time to see what would happen and would you believe it... it adopts to it.. try it now.. put you clock 1 hour forward and see what happens...

i put mine back 1 hour and then looked at the countdown.. it was 1 hour more then it should have been.. it finishs a 8am at GMT+8... with or without DST... so... im not really wrong.. because it will still be 0:00... when it reaches 0... but it will just be one hour earlier... so.. yeah... if you understand that.. if not just put you clock forward or back one hour and the countdown timer should compensate

My bad... blush.gif It's the other way around, obviously. If the counter didn't take its time from the system clock, then it would've been midnight in the UK. Since that's not the case, it'll be midnight in Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the Netherlands, etc., instead, like I originally thought.

Now, if that's supposed to tell us something, it might be that GTA IV takes place in Italy, for example. I wouldn't count on it, though.