3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

GTA IV Trailer Countdown

adamcs

I really hope this trailer isnt just going to end up being a big let down. I mean im as excited as anyone about it but with all the hype and the waiting i sure hope i dont feel cheated after ive watched it....

I really hope this trailer isnt just going to end up being a big let down. I mean im as excited as anyone about it but with all the hype and the waiting i sure hope i dont feel cheated after ive watched it....

well, if it is a big letdown(and i highly doubt it will be) then i'll play the lonely man theme aka the ending music to incredible hulk.

well, if it is a big letdown(and i highly doubt it will be) then i'll play the lonely man theme aka the ending music to incredible hulk.

I dont think itll be a let down. But I can understand what you mean, people hype something up so much that no matter how good it might actually be it can never live up to their expectations because they have elevated it to an unattainable standard...

Something like that at least. tounge.gif

I dont think itll be a let down. But I can understand what you mean, people hype something up so much that no matter how good it might actually be it can never live up to their expectations because they have elevated it to an unattainable standard...

well i saw the trailer and it was epic:

seriouly, i think it will be great.

That happens with the actual game itself like every time. We will read about features it will have and stuff. Some true, some not true. We hype the game up so much that people expect it to be so good it cures cancer if you play it. Then there is some complainers saying "Why did Rockstar lie????" When it was actually just us over hyping it.

But the good thing is that most people enjoy the game and see it for what it is; the greatest game ever to be created. I am sure GTA4 will be no different. There will be a lot of desearved hype and a lot of over hype.

GTA3Freak-2001

No matter how much of a letdown it is, isn't it better to have something then nothing? There will still be info even if all we get is the logo fading out and god save the queen playing in the background. That will tell us something even if its one little thing.

No matter how much of a letdown it is, isn't it better to have something then nothing? There will still be info even if all we get is the logo fading out and god save the queen playing in the background. That will tell us something even if its one little thing.

What I do find amusing is the amount of detail and pseudo-info people apparently extract from just the slightest clue.

For example this issue with the IV: "Omg omg what does it imply, what is it hinting at...!!1" biggrin.gif

GTA3Freak-2001

Is there anyway I can make this my background?  tounge.gif

Yep go into your dekstop properties and instead of picking a wallpaper click "customize desktop" and then the "Web" tab. Click on new and then put in the url to the website ie. www.rockstargames.com/gtaiv Just go ok and make sure the box against the new URL is ticked and you should now have a resizable window on your desktop which you can then move around to wherever you want with options to set it to cover the whole desktop.

I agree with what Freakie said: whether or not the trailer is a let down or not, it's better to have something than nothing.

We should really appreciate that Rockstar have planned this for us, instead of us waiting until May for our first piece of information.

So, I suggest we just concentrate on our lives, then before you know it, trailer time.

these 22 days will be the slowest days of my life

Well, the slowness will get even worse, because once you set eyes on that trailer, waiting for the actual game will be torture.

I hear that the trailer will be used by the military to gain secret information. They force you to watch the trailer and then the torture of having to wait will cause people to give up valuable information.

Yeah it will be a torture having to wait for the game but not as much 'cause i'll be too busy looking for a PS3, and the trailer will clear some doubts off me, like the cities it's based on, character(s) and some others.

I really can't wait for the trailer

Haha, I bet the trailer is just like a black screen and the IV comes up and then it says a release date biggrin.gif

I hope it has the city skyline or something with the characters voice in the background or something like that. Can't wait to see the trailer, can't wait for the game.

Haha, I bet the trailer is just like a black screen and the IV comes up and then it says a release date biggrin.gif

Lol, there would be outrage. That is pretty much what the trailer countdown is. Just the IV lol. So we watch the trailer countdown just to see the same thing without the countdown timer.

I bet it will be like the trailer for SA was. Like when we saw Carl get the call and go to the airport and sh*t like that. I am sure it will give us a little bit about the story.

GTA3Freak-2001

I was thinking of a montage from the past games in the series and then it ending with "prepare for the next step in GTA's evolution" with no info whatsoever and just the same fasing IV logo.

I'm sure it will be something epic, like what GTA3Freak-2001 said, a montage of the best scenes from GTA to GTA:VCS. Something that will make you cry of happiness, that will give you t3h chillz, something that we will never forget, something....EPIC!!!

And yes, waiting for the actual game will be a torture...

Holy hell... I have NO idea what to expect honestly. It isn't like R* to show much of anything, until right before release, or at least until Summer. But hm... with a large countdown, it really seems as if it'll be something big.

Only time will tell! biggrin.gif

been looking at march 29th in history, only thing of any real importance are the last US troops leaving Vietnam. So i dont think there are any clues in the date of the trailer.

If, like people here have said, it takes the time from the system clock, the timer reaches zero on March 30th, at 1:00. Not March 29th.

you forgot to account for DST it will be 2am

waiting for the trailer will be torture for me, the game will be easier b/c my only next gen console is a wii b/c i have tuition to worry about. (anyone want to buy me a ps3 colgate.gif )

finally! after 5 days of no internet angry.gif

Hehe, I hope that after the trailer they will release screenshots or something like that

How badly is that server going to be thrashed on that day? They should take all their other websites down for 24 hours to make sure all the resources are directed at streaming/downloading the trailer.

I wonder how long it'll take to get on YouTube?

Anyway, little over 3 weeks. Yay.

They always play a song in their trailers, so hopefully we'll at least be able to find a time setting from they song they use. So that'll be good, i cant expect the trailer just to be quiet and have car noises/talking in it.

Wow, i just noticed. The big San Andreas poster on my door that's been stuck there since i got the game, fell down last week on the DAY that the trailer countdown began!!! What the Christ?

Wow, i just noticed. The big San Andreas poster on my door that's been stuck there since i got the game, fell down last week on the DAY that the trailer countdown began!!! What the Christ?

Lol you wouldnt belive it.But i had a Thierry Henry poster on my room wall.When i entered my room i was in hurry so i opened the door quickly and the wind made the poster fall down.Strangely Arsenal was eliminated from the Champions League last night...

I know it doesnt have anything to do with GTA 4 but that is just something i remembered when i red your post

This is sweet news! I'm literally counting down the days now. I haven't been on gtaforums since pretty much when SA came out, but i think this means it's time to start posting again! Let the speculation commence!

biggrin.gif