3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

GTA IV Trailer Countdown

adamcs

Lol."Increase the security " smile.gif)) I think that all GTA4s stuff are "protected" by 100 guards.The Trailer probably is in one CD ,inside a safe,1 km underground =)).They`ll release the trailer 29th March not a minute later,than the countdown says.smile.gif

ExtermelySmartMan

Wow, this is so exciting!

user posted image

but how do you know all this?

And one question: I managed to press some button that increased the size of all the text on my screen, what button is it? I gotta know, this is really annoying.

It was a nice thing to come home to, even better, since it was on a Friday.

Well, I came home and the first thing I check is my Google Mail, I see nothing in the inbox, but I see one thing in the Spam, so I check it expecting it to be something of no importance and then I find a huge announcement about Grand Theft Auto IV. It was quite the surprise, especially since I was expecting a major announcement about IV to be a bit later.

The font looks a little different for "IV." It carries more intricacy and complexity than the IV previously on the page, which is a metaphor in itself. First thoughts are how large the IV is, obviously, if you read into it, that this is going to be a monolithic game in every way. Also, interesting to note the URL has changed to just "IV" and how only IV is on the page, no "Grand Theft Auto IV." When I look at the IV I see many things. A list of them are, an arrow, weights, a Christmas tree, a letter A, a letter S, a pillar, A.I., I.A., a letter Z, L.A., and L.V. Not that it means nothing, but I like looking into those things. Also, to note, is the color tones of the IV. When I see it, it reminds me of modern times or near future times, perhaps even futuristic times. If you look at the IV you see that it isn't sticking out from the page, or going into the page, but it is doing both at the same time, just depending on which way you want to look at it. So, the metaphor is, you can see Grand Theft Auto IV in a number of lights, in a number of perspectives. Some other things I found interesting were that Rockstar North's icon is gone from the page, as well as the PS3 icon and the Xbox 360 logo. Instead, now only Rockstar Games icon is there, with the ESRB, and the Legal. One last thing is, the use of colors on the page. Black as the background, red as the "Trailer" and the countdown, and white/gray/silver as the IV. Think about that as a metaphor, or don't think about it that way. Nonetheless, it's interesting to analyze.

Yeah, steel font, nodding at Detroit or something equally industrial to be honest. The red neon countdown, something about that font says Detroit too, like an old rustbelt Diner.

Which is good.

JamesHarris135

been looking at march 29th in history, only thing of any real importance are the last US troops leaving Vietnam. So i dont think there are any clues in the date of the trailer.

been looking at march 29th in history, only thing of any real importance are the last US troops leaving Vietnam. So i dont think there are any clues in the date of the trailer.

Unless they are going to make the next GTA a first person military shooter.

you all know that you can hack the countdown timer by setting your system clock to 30 march 23 59 50 and watch. but then it goes back 1 day. so everyone in the world has its own timer, and it depends entirely on R* what time zone they are going to stick to.

If, like people here have said, it takes the time from the system clock, the timer reaches zero on March 30th, at 1:00. Not March 29th.

Okay I'm reading topics here and there and on other boards. And just need to add.

Jesus, we'll actually have footage of Grand Theft Auto IV on the 29th. How messed up is that? This is a game which has the whole world watching it. I really can't wait to see this.

I can't wait to get back into the waiting for GTA frenzy that happens on these forums. We havent had it madness since San Andreas, sure LCS and VCS were big, but not this big nothing is. I loved checking GTAF for new magazine scans of San Andreas, and now it is all starting again.

My hopes are high and they won't be dashed.

As I write this I am still in disbelief they are giving us a release date on the trailer.

Wow.

Damn, i thought i'd be dead by the time they'd release some info but I might as well be. I'd be grateful if they do release some video from the game and stuff but I bet it's going to just have some music and a few flashes of some vague scenarios (even more teasing than the trailer for "The Introduction") If, however there are some scenes like all the other GTA commercials, then i'm going to play that trailer until the sector of my hard drive where it's located turns to dust wow.gifbiggrin.gifinlove.gif

I'm bracing myself for a surprise of epic proportions. I've been waiting for a GTA4 since GTA3 came out ppl!!!

Just one question: Will peolpe in NZ and Australia get it before people in Europe and the US? Or will the whole world get the trailer at the same time?

Really silly Q tho' tounge.gif

I think i've thought of a valid theory for Rockstars actions in this case. Rockstar decided they wanted to release info early so they planned this trailer to be released at E3 07' but since E3 isn't really E3 anymore they decided to just throw us a bone and send the world an official GTA IV trailer this early. They didn't want to give us this opportunity in july when the E3 "Festival" takes place because this event is a lot smaller and less publicised and would take awhile for the world to see this epic video. Plus it's later than the suggested date by Rockstar( Well, that's my geuss at least).

Right now I remember about this trailer, but in 25 days it'll be probably forgotten by me, and I'll remind to watch this when I see people talking about it on irc or something.

I think i've thought of a valid theory for Rockstars actions in this case. Rockstar decided they wanted to release info early so they planned this trailer to be released at E3 07' but since E3 isn't really E3 anymore they decided to just throw us a bone and send the world an official GTA IV trailer this early. They didn't want to give us this opportunity in july when the E3 "Festival" takes place because this event is a lot smaller and less publicised and would take awhile for the world to see this epic video. Plus it's later than the suggested date by Rockstar( Well, that's my geuss at least).

That or the fact people were bitching about being left in the dark in terms of information about the game.

I think i've thought of a valid theory for Rockstars actions in this case. Rockstar decided they wanted to release info early so they planned this trailer to be released at E3 07' but since E3 isn't really E3 anymore they decided to just throw us a bone and send the world an official GTA IV trailer this early.  They didn't want to give us this opportunity in july when the E3 "Festival" takes place because this event is a lot smaller and less publicised and would take awhile for the world to see this epic video. Plus it's later than the suggested date by Rockstar( Well, that's my geuss at least).

That or the fact people were bitching about being left in the dark in terms of information about the game.

Yes, yes that too. The hundreds of thousands of people to be specific.