4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

NBA Discussion

CptCharisma

Yeah. Even though I was rooting for the Nuggets last night, Odom and Gasol did very well. However, they are very under rated. The same is with Sasha Vu-Vu.

Hoping for the Magic to sweep "Lebron and company" tonight.

Sasha's actually been playing awful for the past 12 months, he's a catch and shoot guy that hasn't been able to shoot at all lately. Thank god for Shannon Brown stepping up into the line up, or else our bench would just be sub par.

Digital Warlord.

It's possible the NBA censors stuff like the Hollins call to be online anywhere in an attempt to minimize referee criticism, especially after the Donaghy thing. Here is a summary from the wiki page of Hue Hollins:

Described as the most controversial moment of Hollins’ career by Referee magazine, Hollins was one of the referees assigned to officiate Game 5 of the 1994 NBA Playoffs series between the Chicago Bulls and New York Knicks. With 2.1 seconds left in the fourth quarter, the Knicks' Hubert Davis attempted a 23-foot shot which was defended by the Bulls' Scottie Pippen. Pippen was called for a personal foul by Hollins, who determined that Pippen made contact with Davis. Television replays indicated that contact was made after Davis had released the ball. Davis successfully made both free throw attempts to assist in the Knicks victory, 87-86, and gave the Knicks a three to two games advantage in the series. Hollins defended the call after the game saying, "I saw Scottie make contact with his shooting motion. I'm positive there was contact on the shot." Darell Garretson, the league's supervisor of officials and who also officiated in the game, agreed with Hollins and issued a statement, "The perception is that referees should put their whistles in their pockets in the last minutes. But it all comes down to what is sufficient contact. There's an old, old adage that refs don't make those calls in the last seconds. Obviously, you hope you don't make a call that will decide a game. But the call was within the context of how we had been calling them all game." Garretson later changed his stance of the call the next season. Speaking to a Chicago Tribune reporter, Garretson described Hollins' call as "terrible".Chicago head coach Phil Jackson, upset over the outcome of the game, was fined US$10,000 for comparing the loss to the gold medal game controversy at the 1972 Summer Olympics.

Who knew there was a Referee magazine?

It doesn't help that you have assholes like LeBron that get 90% percent of the calls (Hence the 3-pointer Howard blocked, if the roles were reversed, you know damn well it wouldn't have been called), but the 10% of the time you have a competent referee, he starts bitching like a baby.

It doesn't help that you have assholes like LeBron that get 90% percent of the calls (Hence the 3-pointer Howard blocked, if the roles were reversed, you know damn well it wouldn't have been called), but the 10% of the time you have a competent referee, he starts bitching like a baby.

What the f*ck is a clear path foul?

I played basketball for four years during high school and I've watched basketball, both NBA and college, since I was about 4 and I have never even heard of a clear path foul. The officiating in the game last night wasn't good at all, they were such hometown referees.

It doesn't help that you have assholes like LeBron that get 90% percent of the calls (Hence the 3-pointer Howard blocked,  if the roles were reversed, you know damn well it wouldn't have been called), but the 10% of the time you have a competent referee, he starts bitching like a baby.

What the f*ck is a clear path foul?

I played basketball for four years during high school and I've watched basketball, both NBA and college, since I was about 4 and I have never even heard of a clear path foul. The officiating in the game last night wasn't good at all, they were such hometown referees.

A clear path foul is if a player is breaking with nobody in front of him and is grabbed from behind. So its basically another term for an intentional foul.

So basically, that was a bullsh*t call.

Like I said before the series, Lakers in 6, and THEY did it. smile.gif

4 more wins is all they need.

Wow, just wow. Lakers played an elite game. Every player on the floor did. But it's not over yet. Not until they win it all.

Fixed.

You have nothing to do with the Lakers. tounge.gif

I still think the Magic will win it all.

I don't care about them, the Nuggets will thrash thru who-ever.

icon13.gif

Lakers didn't give a sh*t about winning the Western Conference championship. They're hungry, they want it all, it's their main goal. With a lot of time off to rest and talk over, the Magic better come prepared.

Edited by Gezim
I don't care about them, the Nuggets will thrash thru who-ever.

icon13.gif

Lakers didn't give a sh*t about winning the Western Conference championship. They're hungry, they want it all, it's their main goal. With a lot of time off to rest and talk over, the Magic better come prepared.

Ooooooooooooo, an extra day to rest.

Magic would've swiped the Cavs. Now they will run over the Slackers. icon14.gif

As a supporter for the Magics, it was great to see them win especially since I live in Ohio: the land of LeBron's ass-kissers...

It was a great game tonight, i loved how after the magics gained that big lead the cavaliers were never able to come back. Orlando definitely dominated the game tonight. if orlando win the finals this city is going to go nuts. party in every corner!

f*cking superb man! Glad the Magic beat "King James" and his team, by 13 points too. So happy for them. I really wish them the best against the Lakers, cause it's going to be hard for the Magics. I am rooting for the Magics (Under dogs) in this one.

Im picking Orlando in six games.

But hey, don't put a lot of merit on what I say, I've been wrong a lot so far. sad.gif

(Except picking the Magic every series)

Edited by Runey.

Magics

magics

Magics.

It's just "Magic" guys, no "S" at the end, lol.

And man i'm so happy LA will be playing Orlando, with the retarded 2-3-2 format in the finals, home court really is huge. I really like how this is looking, the two games LA lost to Orlando this year was basically because we got lit up by Jameer Nelson, but he's not playing this time around. We also have our Rashard Lewis stopper in Odom so really all there is to bother us is Howard. I'm thinking Lakers in five or six, I wouldn't be surprised by a sweep if the Lakers can actually put forht the same effort from game six with Denver. Probly won't happen though.

Attorney General

I really feel like Odom has been a catalyst for the teams' success. You know Kobe and Gasol are going to get their touches regardless. But when Odom gets his touches early and often, the Lakers are a force.

And you mentioned Jameer Nelson, I really feel for the guy. He was voted into his first All Star game this year and got hurt before the game...and now the poor guy had to watch his squad grind their way into the finals when no one gave them a shot. I tend to agree with you about Orlando's chances as it stands now, but I think it'd be a whole different series if Nelson was healthy.

And how about Lebron demonstrating his complete and utter lack of class after the game yesterday? I think reamer hit the nail on the head a few pages back with his comment on how Lebron's humble demeanor during interviews is nothing more than a facade. The self-righteous little bastard can now enjoy watching the finals from the cozy confines of his couch. Hit the bricks! lol.gif

And you mentioned Jameer Nelson, I really feel for the guy. He was voted into his first All Star game this year and got hurt before the game...and now the poor guy had to watch his squad grind their way into the finals when no one gave them a shot. I tend to agree with you about Orlando's chances as it stands now, but I think it'd be a whole different series if Nelson was healthy.

Holy sh*t, i definitely did not see this coming.

Nelson could return for finals

If he really does come back for the finals, I wonder how effective he can actually be with an injury as serious as the one he had. I've already learned not to make assumptions about players coming back injuries though, i mean just look at when T.O. came back from an ankle injury to play in the super bowl and had a monster game. Anything's possible i guess.

You have nothing to do with the Lakers. tounge.gif

I still think the Magic will win it all.

I live in L.A, they play for L.A. L.A want's a championship.

We are all on this.

It will be pretty retarded to have Nelson back, playing him could get him worser. It would not be a smart play. But we will see how it goes.

So how about nobody in the sports media criticizing LeBron for storming off the court like a little crybaby?

Doesn't surprise me at all. More dick riding is all that is.

So how about nobody in the sports media criticizing LeBron for storming off the court like a little crybaby?

I think we'd sooner see someone defend LeBron's childish antics after the loss than someone criticize him for anything.

As for the finals, I really can't see the Magic winning. I agree with Attorney General in that Odom will be a big factor in the series. As much as I'd like to see Kobe never win a championship without Shaq, I think this is the year it's going to happen.

Well I was watching Sportscenter after that game and the guys on there were trashing him for not showing any sportsmanship and such, just walking of of the court like a bitch. But yeah, that's still not enough of the sports media. I guess they don't want to make "The King" look bad in any way.

It was a topic brought up on some of the morning shows, so it's not something that's been kept completely quiet to protect his image.

Though if there's one thing I like about Orlando beating the Cavs, it's that sports analysts can finally shut the f*ck up about Lebron, at least until next season.

Looking forward to this game tonight between the Magic and Lakers. Lakers are playing at home, so it's gonna be tough for the Magic to win, but I am rooting for them anyway because they are the underdogs.

It was a topic brought up on some of the morning shows, so it's not something that's been kept completely quiet to protect his image.

Though if there's one thing I like about Orlando beating the Cavs, it's that sports analysts can finally shut the f*ck up about Lebron, at least until next season.

Don't get it twisted. The Magic hit a couple big shots in the last minute of a few games. It easily could of been 4-2 Cavs. I tip my hat to Orlando though. They knew we had match-up problems and exploited them. Big Z got handled all series.

I look for the Cav's to land a big name player this off season and finally give LeBron someone else. If they don't I could see LeBron leaving Cleveland.

Don't get it twisted. The Magic hit a couple big shots in the last minute of a few games. It easily could of been 4-2 Cavs. I tip my hat to Orlando though. They knew we had match-up problems and exploited them. Big Z got handled all series.

I look for the Cav's to land a big name player this off season and finally give LeBron someone else. If they don't I could see LeBron leaving Cleveland.

It also could've been 4-0 Orlando. LeBron got lucky on that shot.

Anyways, Magic got thrashed. 100-75 but I think they will rebound this next game.

Digital Warlord.

I heard rumors of hoopshype reporting ray ray on the block.

Specifically a really absurd rumor about Ray and Rondo -> PHX for Amare and some other crap.

I'll be kinda pissed if he gets traded in a deal that doesn't have significant upside. I think we woulda been title favorites with KG this year. I think we got a decent shot next year. I understand the logic behind trading Ray now (big expiring deal), but he's been great and without him or someone similar, it greatly diminishes the title hopes.

Lakers Win! I really thought this was Magic's game in the 4th. That last played there, could have easily ended the game.

I think its safe to say Lakers have this wrapped up. L.A needs a parade colgate.gif

I think its safe to say Lakers have this wrapped up. L.A needs a parade colgate.gif

No its not. They'll get their home games. Then it'll be different. smile.gif