3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

NBA Discussion

CptCharisma

I think Cleveland is done for. Agreed? Agreed.

Denver can still come back, I believe they can. smile.gif

Ugh, no. Why would they be? It's only 2-1 Orlando. Sure Magic has a great chance of taking the series but LeBron isn't going anywhere.

Ugh, no. Why would they be? It's only 2-1 Orlando. Sure Magic has a great chance of taking the series but LeBron isn't going anywhere.

Yea, Cleveland is lucky it's only 2-1. It could easily just be 3-0, either way, they won't get out of this series.

DON'T WORRY! LEBRON WILL SAVE US! Oh wait, basketball isn't now, and never has been a one man show. Go ask Kobe Bryant about that.

Has anyone noticed that no one ever refers to the Cavaliers as a team, it's either just LeBron James, or LeBron James and the Cavs? I can't wait for 2010 when James goes to the Knicks and wastes away in that dejected, horrible franchise. Maybe then people will shut the f*ck up about him.

Go Magic.

DON'T WORRY! LEBRON WILL SAVE US! Oh wait, basketball isn't now, and never has been a one man show. Go ask Kobe Bryant about that.

Has anyone noticed that no one ever refers to the Cavaliers as a team, it's either just LeBron James, or LeBron James and the Cavs? I can't wait for 2010 when James goes to the Knicks and wastes away in that dejected, horrible franchise. Maybe then people will shut the f*ck up about him.

Go Magic.

I don't know though, with the way the refs have choking lately it seems anything's possible. Almost everytime LeBron went to the basket he automatically gets a foul call. Did anyone see how often he was acting last night? On one of the fouls he just ran into Howard and Lewis, throws his hands up in the air like he got hit, and gets a call. whatsthat.gif

Hands down the officiating f*cking sucks this year, the sooner the Magic beat cleveland the better. No more LeBron/MJ comparisons for another five months at least.

I'll admit. Kobe does unnecessarily bitch sometimes. He's really calm outside the court but inside he's emotional as hell.

This is why I'm glad kobe has 5 techs in the playoffs. Normally he'd be bitching at all the horrible calls going on around him, but since he's scared of that one game suspension he'd get from having 7 techs, he has just kept his mouth shut and played the game.

Yeah I hate that as well. The commentators/people in general always refer to Kobe or Lebron. What about the other 4 guys that are busting their ass and playing the game too? It's as if they aren't even on the court. I agree that both men are phenomenal players, but they are not the whole team. A man alone can score 50 points, but the TEAM that he is playing against can score 100 points.

I just hate when people say: "Lebron and company should win tonight" or "Kobe and his team are in for a win tonight."

Anywho, I am liking this Lakers/Nuggets game tonight. Nuggets have a good lead.

I don't know though, with the way the refs have choking lately it seems anything's possible. Almost everytime LeBron went to the basket he automatically gets a foul call. Did anyone see how often he was acting last night? On one of the fouls he just ran into Howard and Lewis, throws his hands up in the air like he got hit, and gets a call. whatsthat.gif

Hands down the officiating f*cking sucks this year, the sooner the Magic beat cleveland the better. No more LeBron/MJ comparisons for another five months at least.

It hasn't been just this year (although this year has been especially bad). James has gotten preferential treatment from the officials ever since he came into the league. He's a good player, but the f*cker is allowed 5 steps to the basket and gets a foul call near every time he drives. I think travelling was erased from the NBA rulebook about 6 years ago.

I hear you on the LeBron/Jordan comparisons too. Especially since James hit that shot to win the game a couple nights ago, on ESPN they were showing that shot side by side with Jordan's shot to win the 98 finals over the Jazz. LeBron is a damn good player, but come on, you've got to be kidding me. Those shots are not on the same level. I honestly cannot see what it is that has everyone so enamored with this guy. With his egotistical bullsh*t, the way he insults his own town, all the bitching he does on the court (when he gets every call), and his bullsh*t displays of false humility, I don't see what is so likeable about this guy.

I don't see what is so likeable about this guy.

BUT HE SINGLE HANDEDLY CURED CLEVELAND'S ECONOMICAL WOES!

sigh.gif

Edited by Runey.

ESPN and some NBA fans really need to stop looking for the second coming of Jordan. These players are what they are.

And yea, the Magic definitely look really good right now. Hopefully Stan doesn't lose his poise anytime soon.

I think the Nuggets will steal the game in LA come back home and the Magic will push it and make it to the finals aswell. icon14.gif

Then Kobe and LeBron and just shut the f*ck up.

Alright man, glad to see the Nuggets won, and by 19 points. Love seeing the under dogs coming out on top.

Hopefully the Magic will win the next game.

I think the Nuggets will steal the game in LA come back home and the Magic will push it and make it to the finals aswell. icon14.gif

No way in hell Denver's gonna win game 5 or 7. sly.gif

This is basically just the rockets series all over again.

Just saw on the news that Mo Williams of the Cavs guaranteed a series win over the Magic, as in he guarantees that the will send the Magic home for good. Any of you guys think so?

I won;t jump on the King James bandwagon, so I am going to stick with the underdogs in this series, the Magic. I trust that they will send Cleavland home.

Edited by Capricornus
Just saw on the news that Mo Williams of the Cavs guarenteed a series win over the Magic, as in he gaurentees that the will send the Magic home for good. Any of you guys think so?

I think he needs to focus on not sucking ass on the court first.

No way in hell Denver's gonna win game 5 or 7. sly.gif

This is basically just the rockets series all over again.

You're right; "not in hell," that's why they're playing in LA. sly.gif

Just saw on the news that Mo Williams of the Cavs guarenteed a series win over the Magic, as in he gaurentees that the will send the Magic home for good. Any of you guys think so?

I agree with you Runey.

I am very happy with the way the Magic are playing tonight. Hopefully they will win this game.

I agree with you Runey.

I am very happy with the way the Magic are playing tonight. Hopefully they will win this game.

Just did. smile.gif

I don't think the Cavs can win, when LeBron scores 42% of the teams points; on average, this series.

Done for? Yes

Yeah, I am going for the Magic in this series. I love to root for the Under dogs. Even though they are up 3-1, people are still putting Cleavland in the ship. A lot of people just keep riding Lebron. He ain't the only person on the team.

I am looking forward to the Lakers/Nuggets tonight. Rooting for the Nuggets here.

If I asked Kobe that, he'd reply with a "yes it has been a one man show before, I scored 81 and won the game"

Edited by Gezim

Oh, so it wasn't Kobe who bitched for years about LA needing to build a team around him? Even that self-centered jack ass can admit that basketball isn't a one-man sport. I'll give Kobe some credit, he's backed off on the incessant douchebaggery in recent years.

If I asked Kobe that, he'd reply with a "yes it has been a one man show before, I scored 81 and won the game"

But that was against Toronto.

I'd like to see him do that against a good team.

Attorney General

Come on now Runey, I think we should consider ourselves fortunate to see a player do that against any team.

LA was trailing by something like 16 or 19 points in the third quarter of that game...and went on to win by around 16. As big an asshole as some of you guys may think he is, you gotta give credit where credit's due.

Come on now Runey, I think we should consider ourselves fortunate to see a player do that against any team.

LA was trailing by something like 16 or 19 points in the third quarter of that game...and went on to win by around 16. As big an asshole as some of you guys may think he is, you gotta give credit where credit's due.

Im not saying its nothing special, I'm just saying that basketball is still a team sport. Never has been 100% individual, every championship team is just that, a team, not just one guy doing everything. Look at when the Cavs made the finals and ran into the San Antonio team that is just that, a team. Cleveland was swept. Kobe is no doubt a special player, but he's still only one of five on the court.

Edited by Runey.
Attorney General

Sure is, man. No argument from me on that one. I'm a huge advocate of team ball and enjoyed watching the Spurs and the Pistons win those championships over the last few years.

Seems to me like many of these young stars go through this phase of wanting to fill up the stat sheets instead of being a team player. Prime examples are MJ and Kobe earlier in their careers. But Kobe's changed man. You can see that he doesn't mind taking a back seat to Odom or Gasol if they're having a good night. But he's still ready, willing and able to take over a game when he needs to.

Now, I'm not so sure we should categorize Lebron as that shoot first type of player that Jordan and Kobe were. I think he tries to distribute the ball as much as he can, and sometimes he does it extremely well. It's his supporting cast that has yet to prove their worth in the series. Ilgauskis, West, Varajao and Mo Williams have gone MIA for long stretches throughout this series. Gibson is barely even getting minutes and rightfully so. The guy's been atrocious this postseason.

Looks to me like an Orlando-LA Finals. Should be interesting.

Yeah. Even though I was rooting for the Nuggets last night, Odom and Gasol did very well. However, they are very under rated. The same is with Sasha Vu-Vu.

Hoping for the Magic to sweep "Lebron and company" tonight.