3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

NBA Discussion

CptCharisma

Lakers vs Cavs? Probably still too early to say, but both teams are doing great.

Spoke too soon on the Lakers. tounge.gif

LA is 2-10 when playing in Utah, during the playoffs.

EDIT - lol 121-63? Hornets should just gave up. tounge.gif

Lakers shut out Utah.

LA Vs Houston? They lead the series 3-1 (Houston).

The Bulls held the Celtics fairly good today as well.

Looks like it was a good game to watch.

Edited by beavis

Any harder than being a Nuggets fan in general? lol.gif

58 points... ph34r.gifcool.gif

I luv mah NUGGETS! inlove.gif

...ever since they got K-Mart... and now Chauncey... I knew it from the start that Denver is making the better deal there... due all respect to A.I.

Edited by explicitmo

Celtics vs. Bulls

best NBA series ever.

+1

How epic was Noah when he dunked that ball?? I think i've fallen in love with this series.

Now I wait for the Rockets to get beaten by Lakers. icon14.gif

Don't be too sure about that now.

I am picking LA to win the series, but it won't be as easy as you think.

And then LA will run into the buzzsaw from Denver. I don't think they're gonna be stopped TBH. I'm picking them as the NBA champs.

I wished the Bulls won instead.

Nuggets either way, all the way. icon14.gif

Oh yeah, it's definitely not going to be easy, especially with Yao Ming around.

What do you guys think about Boston-Orlando?

Oh gee saw the replay of Boston-Chicago with triple over time! HOLLI MOLLI! That was awesome and exciting! Me too had wish the Bulls had one that round. I really don't have any favourites but will decide on a team at the end of the series.

My old favourite team was Orlando Magic. A. Hardaway. I still got his jersey too. One of many finest players back in the days.

You are correct. 1-0 for the Rockets

2-0 for Denver.

NBA Champs. icon14.gif

Digital Warlord.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/BOS/1986.html

I didn't realize they only lost one game pre-finals, and credit has to be given to the Rockets for taking two from them. Still, the whole thing was basically preordained, especially when the Lakers lost to Houston. Too bad their success wasn't sustainable (I think they drafted Len Bias like two days after the finals ended or something?).

Also, Larry Bird's playoff line of:

25.9 PPG, 9.3 RPG, 8.2 APG, .517 FG%, .411 3FG%, .927 FT%

was super ill.

2-0 for Denver.

NBA Champs. icon14.gif

Haha no way. The best Denver can do is be runner-up. The Cav's win the finals this year, just watch lol.

Where did this Denver bandwagon come from all of the sudden? They've been playing great ever since the Billups trade, it's really nothing new. whatsthat.gif

I think this 58 point win over NO has brainwashed a few people. It's definitely good to see Denver actually has a team that plays defense for once, but in my mind I really see it hard for them to beat Lakers and/or Cavs.

Lakers where rusty, plus Kobe was sick. I expect a better game from them today.

I call game 6.

Where did this Denver bandwagon come from all of the sudden? They've been playing great ever since the Billups trade, it's really nothing new. whatsthat.gif

I think this 58 point win over NO has brainwashed a few people. It's definitely good to see Denver actually has a team that plays defense for once, but in my mind I really see it hard for them to beat Lakers and/or Cavs.

Don't say that about me, I'm from Denver. tounge.gif

@cuban - Please, you guys have nothing up on us Nuggs.

Sorry to double post but Nuggets anyone?

Or better yet, Carmelo?

He nailed a 3pt with 1 second left to go 106-105 over the Mavs.

yeah nuggets are really playin ball. it wouldn't be that way without billups tho. he brought that championship character to the team.

on another note, my home squad (t'wolves) could've had a championship team already. they drafted ray allen, had billups on the team with garnett and had FLIP SAUNDERS as the coach! i swear the people that own these sports teams here are just to stupid to see what is in front of them.

yeah nuggets are really playin ball. it wouldn't be that way without billups tho. he brought that championship character to the team.

on another note, my home squad (t'wolves) could've had a championship team already. they drafted ray allen, had billups on the team with garnett and had FLIP SAUNDERS as the coach! i swear the people that own these sports teams here are just to stupid to see what is in front of them.

Hey we SHOULD have had a championship team a few years in a row. Milwaukee had an excellent team With Ray Ray, and the rest of them. I don't know what happened. Anyway I'm glad Ray Allen got a ring although it wasn't with us, he deserves it.

Hey we SHOULD have had a championship team a few years in a row. Milwaukee had an excellent team With Ray Ray, and the rest of them. I don't know what happened. Anyway I'm glad Ray Allen got a ring although it wasn't with us, he deserves it.

You have to move around to get a championship. Same thing will happen with LeBron James. sly.gif

You have to move around to get a championship. Same thing will happen with LeBron James. sly.gif

I don't know. What about Reggie Miller.... lol.gif I was just hoping he could win one with us but I still like the guy he's a stand up dude and one of my favorite players.

How about Houston and those Celtics?

Houston played good. disappointed with Lakers, didn't look like they tried at all. I expect game 6.

And Celtics getting lucky.

While I love basketball (NBA) and play it alot, I don't have a favorite team. But my guess is that the Championship with feature the Cavs/Lakers or maybe even the Cavs/Nuggets? Nuggets are playing very well indeed, but I won't be riding their jock because of how they slaughtered the Hornets, and are beating the Mavs. Just saying that they could possibly make it to the 'ship at least.

I agree, the Celtics are getting lucky. I mean, the Bulls (what a very awsome series) gave them hell and they barely made it out of that series, so yeah.

I don't really have a favorite team in Basketball anymore. Just certain players I would like to see go to the ship, so you can imagine how hard these series are for me to choose who to root for. My favorite player is out of it and I really want to see him get a ring, but things happen.

cryani.gifBaron Davis cryani.gif

Did anyone watch the Lakers/Houston game? What a f*cking joke.

Gasol, Odom, and Bynum need to get their heads out of their ass.

Where did this Denver bandwagon come from all of the sudden?

I've been a fan of Denver ever since they got my favorite player Kenyon Martin... finally since they got Billups for Iverson they are a force to be reckon with now. They joy finally lasts longer then the first round of the playoffs now, but I didn't just jump on the bandwagon a few days ago...

You can really feel the team chemestry when you watch one of their games at the moment though. Last team that looked like that to me were the Detroit Pistons when they got champs in 2004. I'm crossing my fingers against L.A. ... this will be a tough one... confused.gif

Where did this Denver bandwagon come from all of the sudden?

I've been a fan of Denver ever since they got my favorite player Kenyon Martin... finally since they got Billups for Iverson they are a force to be reckon with now. They joy finally lasts longer then the first round of the playoffs now, but I didn't just jump on the bandwagon a few days ago...

You can really feel the team chemestry when you watch one of their games at the moment though. Last team that looked like that to me were the Detroit Pistons when they got champs in 2004. I'm crossing my fingers against L.A. ... this will be a tough one... confused.gif

I kind of meant in the way that no one really picked them to win anything until they beat NO by 60 points. But yeah as long as LA has home court i see them getting to the finals without much trouble, as long as they can get past Houston right now.

Also Dallas got robbed in game three, i'm pretty disappointed since I was hoping for an actual series. After the ref blowing that intentional foul call though it looks like it' just gonna be a five game series or a sweep.

Its not the ref's fault for missing the intentional foul, its the Mavericks'.

You see intentional fouls all the time.

Here's my advice to them next time they have to intentionally foul anyone.

USE BOTH HANDS!

Attorney General

To Dallas' credit, these refs have been calling the most egregious ticky-tack bullsh*t fouls I've seen in my life all playoffs long...and then they let this one go.

These f*ckers not only lack competence...but consistency too.

I'm about fed up with watching these playoff games seeing as how the officials blow a call a minute it seems. Not only do they dictate the game's tempo, but often times a couple of bad calls in the second and third quarters end up dictating the outcome as well. It's as pathetic as it is infuriating.

Yeah the refs have been pissing me off lately. Why have the job if you don't know how to do it?

Look like the Nuggets will be sweeping the the Mavs tonight. Mark Cuban is going to be fired up.