3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

CptCharisma

NBA Discussion

Cuse510

My point was more the the rule needs to be changed. I know that the NBA follows its rules strictly, and Diaw and Stoudemire did break that rule. I was sure the NBA would suspend them because they are not going to change a rule in the middle of a series. I think that now that they see the stupidity of the rule though (rewarding a cheap shot and punishing for checking on a teammate) they will have no choice but to change it. Just a shame that it has already damaged such a good series...

As for your question about the Bulls, no, no team has ever come back from 3-0 in basketball. It has been done once in baseball though (BoSox) and twice in hockey.

GTA3Rockstar

The Bulls are done, they have a good lead at half and just let it slip out of their grasp. Lame

Cuse510

They lost to a better team. Not much else you can say... The Pistons are way more experienced and didn't make nearly as many mistakes as the Bulls, and they also did the little things like getting offensive rebounds and making their free throws (neither of which we did).

Hopefully if we can get a decent a low-post next year, we will be much more composed and will have a chance at winning the East.

Burning-Ice

Maybe next year Nets and Suns!

Bartleby

Really disappointed about the Suns and Bulls. I wanted both teams to stick it out and win in seven games. Not only do I like Nash/Stoudemire and Heinrich/Deng, the Spurs and the Pistons have had the run of things in their respective Conferences for the past 4 or 5 years, and I was hoping for an upset. With the usual faces poised to go to the Finals (because I honestly don't see Utah or Cleveland posing much of a threat to their opponents, even though I would really want to see LeBron win a championship soon), it seems like another Spurs-Pistons matchup. Meh.

Nate Baker1
Horry knew that idiot Stoudemire would get up to fight in the heat of the moment. You're forgetting that the Spurs are smart, they make their decisions using logic as opposed emotion like the Suns.

You seriously think that they planned on Stoudemire and Diaw leaving the bench and for Robert Horry to check Steve Nash? dozingoff.gif

B Rob
Well no one is giving either the Cav's or Jazz a chance but I think they can be competitive. The Cav's took the Pistons to 7 games last year and Larry Hughes didn't even play. I think the Cav's can do it but they have to start shooting a little better. GO CAV'S!

Nate Baker1

Who votes the spurs jazz series will be boring as f*ck? I think spurs will win and it will be a horrible 4 or 5 games.

B Rob
Yea I'm with you on that baker. I'm taking the Spurs in 5. As much as I want my Cav's to get to the finals I think the Pistons will win in 7.

Nate Baker1

I would hope the cavs would win because spurs and detroit would be a boring like 80 point average defensive series.

Burning-Ice

Deron Williams is going to have to play a hell of a series just so the Jazz can compete with the Spurs. It's a really a horrible match-up for them to be honest.

B Rob
Cavs and Pistons tonight. Lets hope my Cav's start it off well.

Nate Baker1
Deron Williams is going to have to play a hell of a series just so the Jazz can compete with the Spurs. It's a really a horrible match-up for them to be honest.

Seriously its gonna suck, i mean duncan>boozer and parker>williams Kirilenko is better than bowen and okur is better than oberto but they just dont have many others.

Burning-Ice

Seriously its gonna suck, i mean duncan>boozer and parker>williams Kirilenko is better than bowen and okur is better than oberto but they just dont have many others.

Okur is going to be a huge non-factor in my opinion. He will get 2-3 3 pointers a game, but that won't be near enough to make a dent into the Spurs. All Spurs have to do is put a guy like Robert Horry on Okur and Okur is pretty much shut down. He isn't really a post player and Horry is tall and strong enough to keep Okur out, and at the same time athletic enough to make sure Okur doesn't get that wide open a jump shot/3 pointer.

All Bowen has to do is slow down Williams and Spurs will win this in 4-5 games, Boozer will get his 20 and 10 but that won't be enough either with the rest of the team getting shut down.

Kirilenko is going to have to step up, both offensively and defensively, he had like 6 points in game one and not much going on in defense.

B Rob
The Cav's had that game won. LeBron is gonna have to play alot better than he did. Why he passed up the final shot is a mystery to me.

Burning-Ice

Spurs up 2-0, I expect them to atleast get 1 road win against Utah, or sweep them. Spurs have it this year. I do want the Cavs to get in over the Pistons..Spurs vs Pistons, that'd be a fun finals right!!?? dozingoff.gif

Nate Baker1

There would be no flash in that game, duncans game is good but its ugly as f*ck. Matchups would be dumb

GTA3Rockstar

Pistons, Spurs anyone? Seriously, I don't see the Cavs winning out four in a row nor the damn Jazz, they suck.

B Rob
I'm done watching my Cav's play. LeBron got raped on the game winner in game 2 but there was no call. The refs don't call nothing on the Pistons either.

Sniper.

Well the Cavs won Game 3 and make the series go to 2-1. Game 4 is tonight in Cleveland, so hopefully the Cavs and win and tie the series tonight without Larry Hughes. He is out with a heel muscle tear.

B Rob
Game time decision. Hughes decided to play.

Sniper.

This could be a good and bad decision. Good because it doesn't mess up the charisma that the starting five have. But it could also get him hurt a lot more for later games.

Burning-Ice

As most expected, Spurs beat the Jazz handily. Spurs really spanked them in Game 5, Deron Williams is going to be a hell of a player though..was very impressed with him throughout the playoffs.

B Rob
Series tied 2 games apiece. I think this series will go seven just like last year. Lets hope for a different result. cool.gif

Sniper.

I'm pumped for tonight. Its at Detroit so its going to be a tough one for the Cavs.

Capricornus

Man, that game last night between the Spurs and the Jazz was brutal. The Spurs really whopped some ass, with them beating the Jazz by 25 points. Guess the Spurs had to show them why they are 3 time NBA Chapions.

Just like Sniper, I too am pupmed up for the game tonight. The Pistons and the Cavs have a damn good series going on right now. So who does everyone predict the winner to be tonight? Judging by "King James" performance in the last game, I say the Cavs. But then again, on man doesn't make the whole team. We'll see.

B Rob

IMO The Cav's have played better than the Pistons in every game in the series. I'm going with the Cav's 79-76. LOL they've lost 2 games by that score so I think they will win one with that same score. If the Cav's score 85 points or more they will win.

You gotta figure Rasheed Wallace is going to play like a madman. He's really upset right now so you never know who is going to win.

GTA3Rockstar
If the Cav's score 85 points or more they will win.

Wanna make a bet?

B Rob
LOL yes lets make a bet. The Cav's will win regardless.

GTA3Rockstar
LOL yes lets make a bet. The Cav's will win regardless.

Well, you did say over 85 points they will win! So if they don't, sig space?? haha