3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

CptCharisma

NBA Discussion

Cuse510
So what are the odds that the Bobcats make the playoffs this year? They are about 6 games back from 8th place, it's possible tounge.gif

Ha, what is your obsession with the Bobcats, Ice? Remember, I still own your sig space for like 2 weeks after you bet me that they would be over .500 last year tounge.gif ... Eh, I'm too lazy to make a banner, so you don't need to worry

In other news, the Bulls suck. Yeah, they look good because they are the 5th seed in the East, but their lack of a low-post scorer is killing them and will continue to kill them for the rest of the year.

White Flight

Well well... We all know the HEAT is gonna win it biggrin.gif

@Cuse510: You own me an apology 'cause of that avatar of yours.

I just HATE soccer

Nate Baker1
Well well... We all know the HEAT is gonna win it biggrin.gif

I just HATE soccer

Um...isnt Wade gonna be out for the year? dontgetit.gif

Cuse510

I just HATE soccer

Hmm, I guess I do: I'm very sorry that you don't like soccer. You're missing out on a great sport. But let's keep this thread on the topic of basketball, seeing as it is NBA Discussion...

Nate: Last I heard Wade was still waiting on a second opinion, but if he is out for the year, the Heat are done

Runestoner

Nah, Charlotte is not going to the playoffs this year, but I think they have a shot next year...only if they spend some money in the offs eason on some quality free agents.

GTA3KID

Bobcats are going to lose Gerald Wallace to free agency. He'll sign with the Raptors, hes the type of player they need right now.

Nate Baker1

There is a key free agent, Gerald Wallace I mean.

Rune: lol dude why dont you include a pic of what happened yesterday to hansbrough? His pics are goofy too

user posted image

The-King

I haven't payed much attention to the NBA this year besides watching a couple Pistons games and a Suns game. What rank are the Pistons?

GTA3KID
I haven't payed much attention to the NBA this year besides watching a couple Pistons games and a Suns game. What rank are the Pistons?

Pistons are first in the East.

I'm going to the Raptors Memphis game on Wednesday, go me. lol.gif

Burning-Ice
So what are the odds that the Bobcats make the playoffs this year? They are about 6 games back from 8th place, it's possible  tounge.gif

Ha, what is your obsession with the Bobcats, Ice? Remember, I still own your sig space for like 2 weeks after you bet me that they would be over .500 last year tounge.gif ... Eh, I'm too lazy to make a banner, so you don't need to worry

In other news, the Bulls suck. Yeah, they look good because they are the 5th seed in the East, but their lack of a low-post scorer is killing them and will continue to kill them for the rest of the year.

Obsession? What obsession? tounge.gif I think the Bobcats have A LOT of youthful talent right now, if they keep this team together and pick up some more experienced vets next year (who are talented), they will easily make the playoffs. Emeka Okafor, May, Felton, Morrison, Gerald Wallace...those guys are all talented. Hey, they are currently on a 2 game winning streak, not too bad cool.gifbiggrin.gif

GTA3KID

Well, Gerald Wallace is a free agent this summer and probably will be too expensive for the bobcats because theres talks that the Raptors should sign him because of the type of player he is. He is what the Raptors are looking for, but he's contract is the key and might be too expensive for the Raptors aswell.

Nate Baker1

I heard Bibby is also on the move, that could be cool for some team. Bibby went to my highschool!

Also, Kobe is having mad games lately, 3 50 points games in a row, thats rediculous.

NARFALICIOUS

I can't believe it! Da Bulls are gonna be the #2 seed with just a few more W's. WOOHOOOOOO

GTA3Rockstar

Nuggets Nuggets Nuggets! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

B Rob

Cav's Cav's Cav's!

Anyway the Warriors own Dallas right now. lol

GTA3Rockstar
I can't believe it! Da Bulls are gonna be the #2 seed with just a few more W's. WOOHOOOOOO

Last game of the year, they lost it!

Cuse510

That was devastating. Yes, we're playing damn well now against the Heat (I was at Game 2, chanting "Posey Sucks" wink.gif ), but even if we win the series we'll be hard-pressed to overcome the Pistons in the conference semis... who knows though, if Deng and Gordon stay hot and Big Ben keeps doing the dirty work, we'll be tough even for them.

Burning-Ice

That was devastating. Yes, we're playing damn well now against the Heat (I was at Game 2, chanting "Posey Sucks" wink.gif ), but even if we win the series we'll be hard-pressed to overcome the Pistons in the conference semis... who knows though, if Deng and Gordon stay hot and Big Ben keeps doing the dirty work, we'll be tough even for them.

I hope Bulls don't screw up their 2-0 lead against the Heat. I remember a year or 2 ago they were 2-0 against Washington then last the next 4 games in a row!

Woohoo Lakers! After getting their ass completely raped in Game 2, they come back and play better D and win Game 3.. not bad considering they were down 11-0 in the first 2 minutes of the game and were losing like 31-14 in the first quarter biggrin.gif

leper73

Hopefully the Warriors will recover after last night's game. If Baron and S-Jack are suspended for their ejections, it'll be tough. Still, Oakland is hosting its first playoff games in 13 years, so our fans will be rabid.

B Rob

I'll say Dallas in 6.

They don't even show the Cav's games lol. Oh well I guess they are expecting a sweep.

Grom~Hellsing

Warriors lead by 13 at the half of game 3 rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif UNSTOPPABLE BABY!!!!!!!

Cuse510

I hope Bulls don't screw up their 2-0 lead against the Heat. I remember a year or 2 ago they were 2-0 against Washington then last the next 4 games in a row!

Looks like you don't have to worry about that anymore, Ice wink.gif

I was actually surprised we won yesterday. We played bery sloppy and made way too many turnovers. However, the Heat left the door open for us by missing so many FTs, so I'm glad we came back.

I'm trying not to look too far ahead, because I know if any team could blow a 3-0 lead it would be a Chicago team, but a sweep would be very nice icon14.gif

Burning-Ice
Warriors lead by 13 at the half of game 3 rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif UNSTOPPABLE BABY!!!!!!!

Yeah Warriors up 3-1 baby! Lakers probably gonna lose tomorrow or whenever game 5 is, they really just can't compete with the Suns at the moment. I am glad they have made it somewhat competetive. They blew games 1 and 4 in the 2nd half, but Game 2..boy..the Suns really whipped them there.

Cuse, this could be Chicago's year, Deng has shown much improvmenet and with players like Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Duhon, and Big Ben..well let's say if they get past the Pistons they will have a very good chance.

One thing I don't like about the playoffs is this..the difficulty in the East and West is just UNREAL. Look at the first round, 3 of the east bracket series were sweeps! Pistons over Magic, Cavs over Wizards, Bulls over Heat..these teams are gonna be fresher than the West teams who have to play 6-7 games series just to make the next round.

Runey

The Warriors might be doing well now, but i don't see them winning the 2nd round. They match up very well with Dallas, but do mediocre against the rest of the league.

leper73

They played the Suns and Rockets well during the season, and did alright against the Jazz at home. The only team we can't beat is the Spurs.

Burning-Ice

Maybe next year Lakers.. confused.gif

Bartleby

Wow, we're looking at a Spurs-Suns meeting. How can this not go to seven games? I choose Phoenix going to the Western Conf. Finals, 4-3.

GTA3Rockstar

Nuggets suck. Up one to zero and lose out, pansies

Nick Papagiorgio
Wow, we're looking at a Spurs-Suns meeting. How can this not go to seven games? I choose Phoenix going to the Western Conf. Finals, 4-3.

Amen, brother.

I hope they win it all. Nash and Co. deserve a championship. The team is just too deep. (though the Spurs will put up a dogfight)

The Wizards were unbearable to watch. Without Arenas or Butler, they are a mediocre team. Hope we are better in the postseason next year. (and with that, hope we don't face the Cavs a 3rd year in a row)

I hope GS wins tonight. Baron Davis is doing awesome in this series. And Dirk is a no-show. Only Tuesday night he decided to start playing.

Tip-off is in about half an hour. I'm definitely there. icon14.gif

Cuse510

Wow... what a performance from the Warriors. I definitely tip my hat to them, but what I find funny is that Dallas could have possibly avoided this whole thing. At the end of the season, when Golden State had like 2 games left and a loss would have basically put them out of the playoffs, Dallas played all their scrubs against them. They didn't even try to win the game. Obviously (especially considering what just happened) we don't know what would have happened if the Mavericks had played their real team that game, but if Dallas had won they most likely would have played the Clippers instead and this whole thing wouldn't have happened... I guess it just proves you should never lay down for an opponent, even if you've clinched a top seed.