4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

3. Suggestions

Universal Wrestling Topic

TonyZimmzy

Attitude era ended in April 2001

Regardless, my point was the entire year of 2002 is also included.

I think Attitude Era ended during the Invasion storyline, so the summer of 2001. That was a transitional period until Ruthless Aggression after they changed name to WWE.

And the Monday Night Wars officially ended in 2001 when WCW was bought by WWF, but the "war" was over by 2000. Here I am watching WWF from that very year and unlike 1998, they are so far ahead that I never see anymore anti-WCW signs in the crowd or even cheap shots like Gillberg. (other than mentioning that WCW didn't give The Radicalz a chance when they first jumped over)

How much pull does Kevin Dunn have over the product

A lot, a stupid amount to be honest. He's basically Vince's right hand man, as far as creative direction goes, he's above Triple H in saying what goes and what is even said on commentary. Anything that has to be cleared on the raw script either has to go through Vince or Dunn(ce). Anything remotely misogynistic, will more than likely be Dunn(ce)'s doing, anything that completely vapid will be his doing, anything that is simply plain will be his doing... why else do think NXT is so good as he has no pull down in Full Sail, it's Triple H's baby.

How much pull does Kevin Dunn have over the product

Way more than this bucktoothed motherf*cker should. He's one of the main reasons commentary is garbage and he's also behind much of the crap we see like any dancing contests you may come across.

Can't wait for Hunter to take over so he fires this prick in an instant.

Edited by Flesh-n-Bone
  • Like 3

I don't want Devitt, Steen or Zayn to go to the main roster until Vince isn't calling the shots anymore.

With Dunn it's like one of those movies where the main bad guy isn't the main bad guy but a puppet being controlled by a higher force

Dunn = Higher Force

Vinnie Mac = Puppet

Former WWE superstar made a return @ yesterday's (2/12/15) NXT tapings for next Wednesday's episode to everyone's surprise along with a massive pop.

Gore! Gore! Gore!

10968328_10155155129355147_8374032554764

edit: Also - watching the Women's championship match replay of NXT TakeOver: Rival on Network. Damn, haven't been this impressed with women's wrestling since the Trish/Lita/Victoria days. The "This is wrestling!" chants were right on the mark...neat action all the way through. And speaking of women's wrestling; Bull Nakano and Natalya are propably my two personal favorites from that area.

Edited by markwey

Even though WWE will probably screw up a lot of the best male wrestlers from NXT once they're called up and only use them to a fraction of what their true potential is. What I really don't want to see is any of the ladies from NXT to go to the main roster anytime soon, they'll go from getting 15+ minute matches with much less restriction to only getting 3 minute matches with no important build or storyline to speak of.

Reigns and D-Bry ran the gauntlet on Smackdown by facing Miz and MizDow, The Usos, The Luchadores, SlatorGator, The Ascension and Big Show and Kane, props to Reigns who kept In there for a match that went for 30 minutes

Oh and Big Show and Kane couldn't get along and Show knocked out Kane

Yeah got a look at the first hour of Smackdown, Reigns was getting a lot of cheers which saddened me.. but it was enjoyable watching him and Bryan going against waves of tag-teams.

Reigns was getting a lot of cheers which saddened me..

It's Smackdown. Most of the cheers were probably piped in. Usually when they have close ups on people during those cheers you can tell it's piped in.

Shawn Michaels talks about having one more match: http://www.sescoops.com/shawn-michaels-talks-one-match-possibly-daniel-bryan/

Reigns and D-Bry ran the gauntlet on Smackdown by facing Miz and MizDow, The Usos, The Luchadores, SlatorGator, The Ascension and Big Show and Kane, props to Reigns who kept In there for a match that went for 30 minutes

Kinda easy to work a 30 minute match when you have Daniel Bryan to carry a load of the work with.

Shawn is not gonna wrestle again. He pretty much confirmed it on Jericho's podcast this week. Said that he went out on top exactly how he could've wanted it with the best possible match and he wouldn't have it any other way. Jericho even asked if he missed being in the ring and he said no.

As for Reigns getting cheered. It wont matter because at WM and the night after, he will get the sh*t booed out of him with the international crowd.

Edited by Flesh-n-Bone

Shawn Michaels talks about having one more match: http://www.sescoops.com/shawn-michaels-talks-one-match-possibly-daniel-bryan/

Kinda easy to work a 30 minute match when you have Daniel Bryan to carry a load of the work with.

It's was more 50-50

Definitely the best women's match in a very, very long time. Sasha's crossface at the end looked awesome, surprised they actually called it a crossface and let her use it as a chokehold. I like how they don't call the women "Divas" and just call it the Women's Title and not the NXT Diva's Championship or something.

It's all due to the fact those pricks Vince and Dunn have no control over it and it's all Triple H. He's also a wrestling fan at heart and would rather give us a proper show rather than that "sport entertainment" crap Dunn and Vince touch themselves to.

The NXT girls are an argument for why SDR working as a trainer rather than a performer is possibly for the best.

As for the Trish/Lita era comparison; honestly the NXT girls are already above that level.

It's was more 50-50

Kinda, the stupid showing off crap that all rivals do when they're tag team partners helped him survive 30 minutes without showing wear...

He had plenty of time to catch his breath and then tag himself in again before Bryan does it back after 2 minutes of Roman.

Definitely the best women's match in a very, very long time. Sasha's crossface at the end looked awesome, surprised they actually called it a crossface and let her use it as a chokehold. I like how they don't call the women "Divas" and just call it the Women's Title and not the NXT Diva's Championship or something.

It's all due to the fact those pricks Vince and Dunn have no control over it and it's all Triple H. He's also a wrestling fan at heart and would rather give us a proper show rather than that "sport entertainment" crap Dunn and Vince touch themselves to.

The NXT girls are an argument for why SDR working as a trainer rather than a performer is possibly for the best.

As for the Trish/Lita era comparison; honestly the NXT girls are already above that level.

That would explain why the female homegrown wrestlers seem to turn out to be better wrestlers than the guys who went straight to WWE.

Thats nothing different then what Roman Reigns did while he was in the Shield. Standing on the ring apron for the majority of the match, gets tagged in and does a few power moves, Tags back out and repeat. So ofcourse hes not gonna be exausted.

Edited by Awesom-0

GTA_Sharpshooter

1st:Liked the match,but they just buried all the tag division.

2nd:Really,why can't WWE Creative decide if Show is a Face/Heel/Twener?Jesus

Im currently watching John Cenas greatest rivalries on the network, please dont flame me

Cena VS Orton VS HHH was a cool

Edited by GTA_Sharpshooter

The tag division is burying itself. They needed help I guess.

Page 5:15. Out of my brain on the train!

Anyway, Cult of Personality came on the radio and I swear I had a f*cked up flashback. One minute we have CM Punk, we blink, and now we f*cking have Roman Reigns.

Bryan Alvarez of The Wrestling Observer, who's quite connected with the going on backstage has had some interesting things to say

"I mean there's discontent on the main WWE roster over NXT and the sense that all of these NXT performers are getting a chance to go out there and have great wrestling matches during these specials, and meanwhile the Raw roster has to go out there and have short matches on TV in nothing matches, particularly if they are the women."

"I get DMs from people on the main roster always after those specials.
It's a common frustration.
The top NXT performers are frustrated they aren't on the main roster making money. Then they will get more frustrated when they realize their dream.
WWE guys are frustrated they aren't having the matches guys in NXT are when they know if they can perform before 400 fans in longer matches they can tear the house down."

Ever get the feeling there's going to be breaking point shortly in the future and we'll get an all out Civil War within WWE, which may start out as being real but will turn kayfabe by way of moving Stephanie and Triple H into Vince's role.

Im currently watching John Cenas greatest rivalries on the network, please dont flame me

Looked through it and it wasn't even the full thing. They highlight about 5 of the rivalries and it consists of nothing more than Cena saying a few words on the opponent and one of the matches they included in the full DVD.

Bryan Alvarez of The Wrestling Observer, who's quite connected with the going on backstage has had some interesting things to say

"I mean there's discontent on the main WWE roster over NXT and the sense that all of these NXT performers are getting a chance to go out there and have great wrestling matches during these specials, and meanwhile the Raw roster has to go out there and have short matches on TV in nothing matches, particularly if they are the women."

"I get DMs from people on the main roster always after those specials.

It's a common frustration.

The top NXT performers are frustrated they aren't on the main roster making money. Then they will get more frustrated when they realize their dream.

WWE guys are frustrated they aren't having the matches guys in NXT are when they know if they can perform before 400 fans in longer matches they can tear the house down."

Ever get the feeling there's going to be breaking point shortly in the future and we'll get an all out Civil War within WWE, which may start out as being real but will turn kayfabe by way of moving Stephanie and Triple H into Vince's role.

That has all the makings of a truly great and memorable storyline.

The original plan for Wrestlemania XXX was to be very similar to that. There was talk of having a power struggle angle between Vince and Trips/Steph with each party having a wrestler (or wrestlers) fight for them and overall power of the company. Similar to that of Wrestlemania XXIII where Vince had Umaga and Trump had Lashley.

For some reason they canned it, but it could still very well resurface in the future. For this years Mania though? Don't hold your breath.

Currently watching The Bret Hart Story doc/biography from 2005 myself.

On the Network.