Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (92,933 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TonyZimmzy

Universal Wrestling Topic

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

Bryan vs Styles

Bryan vs Nakamura

Bryan vs Miz (There's unfinished business here)

Bryan vs Strowman

Bryan vs Owens

Bryan vs Zayn

Bryan vs Bàlor

Bryan vs Angle

Bryan vs Rollins

Bryan vs Gargano

Bryan vs Black

Bryan vs Ciampa

Bryan vs Almas

Bryan vs Cole

Bryan vs Roode

Oh my god sooooo many dream matches I can't even

Edited by Corndawg93

Shenmue18

Mmm, because WWE took the advice of external doctors when clearing Bryan to return.

Somewhere in a lawyers office in Chicago, a lawyer for Mr Brooks is trying to work out how much the settlement will be.

Stop trying to pole holes and celebrate

What's Shenmue think, he should be excited by this news

Great news for him, there's a multitude of new and fresh faces on the roster for him to wrestle that have debuted onto the main roster since his retirement in 2015. No shortage of talent for him to feud with, just on the current Smackdown side of things alone.

NumberNineLarge
Posted (edited)

I watched the full episode of the Jan. 6, 1997 edition of Monday Nitro and I might watch some more episodes. I'm going to review them here if you don't mind. WCW was my childhood and I switched to the WWF in 1999. Knowing in hindsight what WCW would eventually become, it was probably for the best.

Highlights of the show:

I don't like Bill DeMott as he bullied talent as NXT trainer, but Hugh Morrus vs. Jim Powers was an entertaining big man match. Morrus won with a moonsault.

Tag teams. Where do we see this in WWE today? In this episode, the Amazing French Canadians squared off against Harlem Heat. Legitimate, actual tag teams. Plus, the Faces of Fear made an appearance on the show.

Speaking of that, Meng faced off against Lex Luger. Luger had Meng in the torture rack. Meng kicked the ref down and in came the Barbarian to interfere. Luger put Barbarian in the torture rack and the ref rang the bell, thinking it was Meng. I'm not sure if this was the best booking in the world, but it was entertaining.

Everybody was treated like a serious competitor, regardless of the outcome. It had an emphasis on wrestling, with very few video packages and promos. No comedy characters or jokes like people see in WWE.

The matches between Psychosis vs. Mysterio and Alex Wright vs. Eddie Guerrero were also good. I especially loved Alex and Eddie shaking hands before the match in a nice touch of competition. I also liked how Tony Schiavone mentioned how Alex Wright was in the rankings for both the U.S. and TV titles.

The NWO assaulted the Giant in a beat down. Back then Paul Wight was actually booked seriously due to his size and not as a comedy character like we've seen Big Show be over the years.

I like how much of the winners talked into the camera after the match. It was a nice, unique touch.

Criticisms

The opening match was Glacier vs. Bobby Eaton, and Glacier won without hardly any buildup to the end of the match. It just came out of nowhere.

The supposed TV title match of DDP vs. Lord Steven Regal was changed as DDP was not there while Jim Duggan, who hasn't aged in decades, challenged him out of nowhere. Plus the match ended after the time limit.

Not a lot of these matches really were for storyline purposes. Some were, others weren't. As entertaining as they were, it felt like just throwing two random competitors on screen.

Overall: It was certainly a different time. The WWE of today does some things better, but a lot shows how far wrestling has fallen in two decades.

Edited by NumberNineLarge

PaeganLoveSong

I'm not sure if you were watching WCW at the very end, but if you get a chance to breeze through the TV from December 2000 until the final Nitro you'll see the product get better and better before it closes.

Jack Lupino

here are my wrestlemania predictions

PRESHOW

-Andre battle royal don't care but I hope kane after which he retires

-Bludgeoned brothers vs usos vs new day-Again don't care

-KO/Sami vs Shane/Bryan-could go both ways

MAIN SHOW

-Styles retains wwe championship vs nakamura in opening match

-rollins wins IC title vs miz vs balor

-asuka wins womens title vs Charlotte

Carmella cashes in but fails

-Randy Orton vs Rusev vs Jinder vs Roode- Rusev wins

#RUSEVDAY

-Nia vs Alexa-Alexa wins and retains the title

-Legends segment+boring concert

-Womens battle royal-who gives a sh*t

-Ronda/Kurt wins vs hhh/stephanie

-Roman wins the Universal title vs Brock

Show ends in chorus of boos

NumberNineLarge

I'm not sure if you were watching WCW at the very end, but if you get a chance to breeze through the TV from December 2000 until the final Nitro you'll see the product get better and better before it closes.

Unfortunately I did not. I was a kid who had jumped ship and whose first time ever watching the WWF was the infamous Over the Edge 1999. Why Vince didn't let Owen out of his contract after the screwjob, I don't know. I do know I would've been very confused if I watched WCW in 2000 with all the kayfabe breaking as I didn't know it was a script at the time.

PaeganLoveSong
Posted (edited)

I'd say go back and give it a watch, but only if you go through how shyte 2000 was first. I don't even mean the Russo "everything is fake except RIGHT NOW" garbage, necessarily, as at least the shows have a car crash quality to them. No, the real garbage is Kevin Sullivan's run as booker in the early part of the year. Why, you ask? Because NOTHING HAPPENED.

-3 hour Nitro? 15 minutes of content.

-2 hour Thunder? Wait...what's Thunder?

-Wanna see Hulkamania run even wilder, this time being even more annoying than in 1994/1995? You're in luck!

The final Nitro and sale to the WWF hurt that much more because of the shows being at their most watchable since summer 1998, and maybe even better from a pure booking and match quality standpoint. The Cruiserweight division became a focal point again, so much so that Cruiser Tag belts were introduced, and Scott Steiner got the ME run that cemented his singles career. That's not even touching on how younger, promising talent was finally starting to get a real push, either.

So, I watched a little more of Strong Style Evolved, specifically Jay White vs. Hangman Page, and I finally realized why Page sucks: he works like HHH but without the charisma.

Edited by PaeganLoveSong

Korpi

23uahxx.jpg

Xav Curbelo
Posted (edited)

I made an analysis/recap video on Tommaso Ciampa and Johnny Gargano's rivalry, I hope you enjoy it. Remember to turn on the english captions!

Edited by Xav Curbelo

PaeganLoveSong

If anybody can make me give a sh*t about Gargano, it's Ciampa.

Jack Lupino

This thread should be moved to Movies&TV section on my opinion.

Dbzk1999

Dude, Takeover just had bout 3 potential 5 star matches imo

Corndawg93

God damn, good luck Wrestlemania, they have to follow that

reform

Could reasonably argue that this was the best Takeover they've ever had, even if I think Almas-Gargano from the previous one was the best match they've ever had. But as a total package this T.O. was solid as f*ck.

Xav Curbelo

Gargano is the absolute best.

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

Well this has been fun.

So after trying 3 times to start the NXT takeover and getting the cannot play video at this time error screen I finally got to watch. However I didnt know it was in Spanish. It Took me so long to start the show so I just ended up watching most of the first match with the Spanish announcers. Eventually the app crashed so I went back and looked for the English version.

After quite a few cannot play video at this time screens through out the show Im finally starting the NXT championship match.

All the matches so far have been insane though. I am thoroughly enjoying this a lot.

Something tells me wrestlemania tomorrow is going to be a pain to get through though, this app needs some help. Might just cancel my subscription again after its over.

Edited by Is this The Guy?

Is this The Guy?
Posted (edited)

Happy Rusev day everyone

Edit: maybe not

Edited by Is this The Guy?

Jack Lupino

Tuned in and John Cenas music:D

what a timing

Is this The Guy?

Well that was....

So...that was a match between two people

Jack Lupino

The wwe championship match was so boring.

Atleast Nakamoron didn't win

That's a good thing.

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

Well Shin and AJ was poop and Shin turned heel

Edited by Corndawg93

DexMacLeod

I thought it was a great match and Styles winning was yet another terrible booking decision this weekend. The problem is that we're over six hours in and the crowd is just dead at this point.

Is this The Guy?

Man, I love Braun

NumberNineLarge

So you're going to make a further mockery of your tag team division? People on social media are already mentioning Arquette. Don't forget Medusa and Oklahoma winning the cruiserweight title, not to mention Vince Russo with the Big Gold Belt.

Unreal. Is Braun a comedy character now?

Corndawg93

F*ck you Nicholas

DexMacLeod

Meh, it was a fun moment during a WrestleMania that's been almost entirely devoid of fun moments. They buried the tag division with the Battle Royal a few weeks ago. There's nothing that could have been done tonight to revive it. Here's hoping they have decent plans for the future.

Is this The Guy?

In Braun we trust

Jack Lupino

wow one of the worst manias I've ever seen.

asuka loses streak and reigns loses so reign of terror continues smh.

Who's gonna beat Lesnar now?

NumberNineLarge

I mean, he's a kid. Good for him. I know if I won a title when I was his age, I'd have had no words. The fault isn't on him. It's on Vince and whoever came up with this idea.

Also, you spend a year with Brock having the strap and building up Roman for that?

So is it Brock/Roman III at a WrestleMania 35?

Jack Lupino

So you're going to make a further mockery of your tag team division? People on social media are already mentioning Arquette. Don't forget Medusa and Oklahoma winning the cruiserweight title, not to mention Vince Russo with the Big Gold Belt.

Unreal. Is Braun a comedy character now?

I think that's a make a wish kid and it was prescripted.

Now more and more children will ask their parents to go to wwe events.

Genius business idea by vince.