Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
    1. Welcome to GTAForums!   (85,674 visits to this link)

2. News

1. GTA Online

1. Find Lobbies & Players
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Vehicles
      4. Content Creator
      5. Help & Support
    2. Crews

1. Events
      2. Recruitment
    1. Grand Theft Auto Series

2. GTA Next

3. GTA V

1. PC
      2. Guides & Strategies
      3. Help & Support
    4. GTA IV

1. Episodes from Liberty City
      2. Multiplayer
      3. Guides & Strategies
      4. Help & Support
      5. GTA Mods
    5. GTA Chinatown Wars

6. GTA Vice City Stories

7. GTA Liberty City Stories

8. GTA San Andreas

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    9. GTA Vice City

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    10. GTA III

1. Guides & Strategies
      2. Help & Support
      3. GTA Mods
    11. Top Down Games

1. GTA Advance
      2. GTA 2
      3. GTA
    12. Wiki

1. Merchandising
    1. GTA Modding

1. GTA V
      2. GTA IV
      3. GTA III, VC & SA
      4. Tutorials
    2. Mod Showroom

1. Scripts & Plugins
      2. Maps
      3. Total Conversions
      4. Vehicles
      5. Textures
      6. Characters
      7. Tools
      8. Other
      9. Workshop
    3. Featured Mods

1. DYOM
      2. OpenIV
      3. GTA: Underground
      4. GTA: Liberty City
      5. GTA: State of Liberty
    1. Red Dead Redemption 2

2. Red Dead Redemption

3. Rockstar Games

1. Off-Topic

1. General Chat
      2. Gaming
      3. Technology
      4. Programming
      5. Movies & TV
      6. Music
      7. Sports
      8. Vehicles
    2. Expression

1. Graphics / Visual Arts
      2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

TonyZimmzy

Universal Wrestling Topic

Corndawg93

If by relevant you mean more likely to have repeats of Survivor Series 2013 (where the crowd was visibly emptying during the title match, source: myself and two other friends who regretted going), then sure.

Nope, that's not at all what I mean

PaeganLoveSong
Posted (edited)

I don't see how Roman on top makes the belt relevant unless there's a profound change in his booking. While most have come around to Cena, it's always worth remembering that business was down for the first year he was on top and didn't start moving upward until the Edge feud because he was, quite frankly, vanilla. Roman is even more bland comparatively.

With this in mind, I can say that these past few Raws have been the first time in literal years I've wanted to tune in the next week. Nia's impending face turn, Miz being allowed to cut loose more, Braun/Elias working the same sh*t each week but making it actually feel fresh by doing little variations...there has to have been a philosophy change in the writers' room.

Edited by PaeganLoveSong

Dbzk1999

Just wanna say, Im pretty sure that business was actually up for the first year he was on top. It was around 2007 that things really started to go down, and the reason for that was obvious, considering what happened.

PaeganLoveSong

Just checked and I was mistaking television ratings for income.

Mattodon
Posted (edited)

I was an immediate Asuka fan when I first saw her on NXT. Raw will ruin her for me. They keep putting her over, and it's getting old fast. If they keep it up, everyone will be ready for Asuka

Edited by Mattodon

Crokey

Ratings have been going up and down, but mainly down for several years, but it's not a WWE specific thing, all forms of TV ratings have been taking a hit for several years now due to outside factors and competition for viewers. Gaming, movies, streaming platforms, a boom in the number of channels, external cultural influences (ie watching different types of programming and not just limiting yourself to one genre).

If you're to use ratings as an indicator then you'd need to do so relatively, comparing it to other ratings for other shows, demographics, market availability... basically you'd need a huge whiteboard with loads of formulas and some sort of maths degree to work it all out.

The only constant, well I say constant considering how picky people are these days, is to judge it on reviews, comments and reception from the audience.

Jack Lupino

Turns out that the whole steroids allegations is about Luther "Reigns" not Roman LMAO :D

Jump to Last page:

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/2311665-roman-reigns-steroids-hgh-drugs-case.html

nothing gonna stop The Big Dawg from his #4 mania main event

I looked everywhere, where does it say Luthor ReignsSorry for posting the wrong link.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/2317073-bravos-wwe-wfn-report-complete-will-discuss-report-14.html

Here's the report.

Corndawg93

Oh no, Vince wants Del Rio back NOOOOOOOOOOOO

PaeganLoveSong

Ratings have been going up and down, but mainly down for several years, but it's not a WWE specific thing, all forms of TV ratings have been taking a hit for several years now due to outside factors and competition for viewers. Gaming, movies, streaming platforms, a boom in the number of channels, external cultural influences (ie watching different types of programming and not just limiting yourself to one genre).

If you're to use ratings as an indicator then you'd need to do so relatively, comparing it to other ratings for other shows, demographics, market availability... basically you'd need a huge whiteboard with loads of formulas and some sort of maths degree to work it all out.

The only constant, well I say constant considering how picky people are these days, is to judge it on reviews, comments and reception from the audience.

Oh, I know. I've been a diehard for over 20 years and part of being around for early IWC discussions meant learning how ratings work. My point was that the handling of Cena early into his ME run was so poor that the viewing audience continued to diminish until the Edge program, and the audience declined again after.

Part of it was the explosion of new media, part of it was the lack of top stars (2005 also saw Jericho leave), and a big part was the Cena overpush that drove older fans away. It didn't help that the product, overall, was weak from the Invasion program in 2001 until...well, actually very recently. A few bright spots here and there, but it only seems to be a recent occurrence where the show is running on all cylinders again.

This, though, is nothing new. The business is cyclical due to both its niche nature and generational changes. There hasn't been a company or territory to exist which hasn't suffered ups and downs, but it's also worth noting that solid booking of talented performers can lessen the depth of the valley (as demonstrated by the Memphis and Portland territories).

Jack Lupino

Oh no, Vince wants Del Rio back NOOOOOOOOOOOO

Xavier Wood's won't be happy about it

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

I just learnt that Dolph Ziggler vs Shane McMahon is on for Mania, to which I say to Vince

"YOUR SON IS NOT A DRAW"

Also predictions for Fastlame

The Queen of Gimmick Infringement via Figure 16 leg lock

Glowing Fire via generic babyface victory

The King of Being Japanese via Vince not capitalising on Rusevs overness

The Day one is H via twin stuff

Glorious via a dumb Indian getting involved

Ay Jay via Undertaker

Edited by Corndawg93

Jack Lupino

So the latest news is Jeff Hardy has been arrested for driving under influence(read drugs).

Guess his career in wwe is over now for second time.

Haha this moron never changes.

Is this The Guy?

So Braun got his title shot.

I’m actually interested in seeing how this plays out. You got the monster among men against two guys that aren’t exactly little themselves.

A one man tag team champion lol

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

I was surprised to see where that Roman segment went, really blurring the lines on real and Keyfabe

Edited by Corndawg93

PaeganLoveSong

It was fine, in theory, but it doesn't work for me because it's clear that ROMAN is the chosen one and has been for the last 4 years. That's why so many fans don't buy him, because he's getting opportunities that fans think should be going to others.

This is how Vince works with talent he's hand picked. Hogan, Warrior, HBK, Diesel, Orton...

Sometimes it works wonders, like when Austin caught fire after the office infamously didn't have big plans or Rocky Maivia turning heel, but sometimes we get the Lex Express or "JBL is poopy."

Corndawg93

KO and Sami just murdered Shane O'Mac

PaeganLoveSong

After all the (deservedly) negative feedback that WWE got for the Moolah Battle Royal, they've officially changed the name.

"WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal"

Vince, Madusa Micelli and Wendi Richter are right there.

Dbzk1999

Good

Corndawg93

You can thank Snickers for that

ProKiller93

john cena vs taker would be cool if they didnt ruin takers streak

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

DANIEL BRYAN IS CLEARED TO COMPETE, I REPEAT, THE SINGLE GREATEST WRESTLER IN THE GOD DAMN WORLD IS CLEARED TO COMPETE

YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!

Edited by Corndawg93

Is this The Guy?

YES!!

Hopefully this means a match at wrestlemania

Crokey

Mmm, because WWE took the advice of external doctors when clearing Bryan to return.

Somewhere in a lawyers office in Chicago, a lawyer for Mr Brooks is trying to work out how much the settlement will be.

Corndawg93

Mmm, because WWE took the advice of external doctors when clearing Bryan to return.

Somewhere in a lawyers office in Chicago, a lawyer for Mr Brooks is trying to work out how much the settlement will be.

Stop trying to pole holes and celebrate

What's Shenmue think, he should be excited by this news

Is this The Guy?

Well, at least we know he’s really back. I mean you’d have to be cleared to take that beat down.

Corndawg93
Posted (edited)

Props to him for taking that Apron power bomb

Edited by Corndawg93

Jack Lupino

bryan vs Aj

bryan vs Rollins

bryan vs Big Dawg

So many dream matches!!

Dbzk1999

2 if those matches have already happened. Would love to see Bryan/Styles and Bryan/Nak in particular though