3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTA3Rockstar

NFL Discussion

PSXtreme

I don't know if you can really blame Moss for having a bad attitude playing in Oakland. He didn't get the ball that much, and the team f*cking sucked. He had no quarterback to get him the ball. When you win only 2 games in a season, I don't really think you're going to be happy. I think he'll be just like Corey was. Comes in with a bad rep, but in a great franchise with good discipline and a winning tradition, his attitude should be better. And he also has a future hall of fame quarterback tossing him the ball.

Besides, if he turns out to be just like he was in Oakland, I don't think Belichick and Kraft would just let him go. They won't put up with his sh*t, and it wouldn't be a loss if they cut him. They didn't really lose out on anything in the trade, it was only a 4th round pick. If he turns out to fit in, have a better attitude, and contribute to the team, than it's a great trade. If it doesn't work out, he'll be cut, and all the Patriots lose is a 4th round pick.

chuck430

SF takes the NFC West this year. They swept the 'Hawks last year and were 1 win away from the title, assuming the "Hawks lost their final game. Now we got a few new WRs and CBs. Why would the 'Hawks trade their WR (forgot his name) to SF, their division rival?

Burning-Ice
SF takes the NFC West this year. They swept the 'Hawks last year and were 1 win away from the title, assuming the "Hawks lost their final game. Now we got a few new WRs and CBs. Why would the 'Hawks trade their WR (forgot his name) to SF, their division rival?

Darrell Jackson? I, for one, am very pleased with the Niners draft this year. Patrick Willis is going to help the leaky D down the road, maybe even an immediate impact. That O-Line guy , I forgot his name but I think it was Staley? He seems to be a pretty legit player. They drafted some WR that I hadn't hear of but they acquired Darrell Jackson and Ashley Lelie (from the Falcons), so it's an upgrade from last year. Add that along with a more mature Alex Smith, Frank Gore and Vernon Davis and I think it's gonna be a damn good year for the Niners.

ToyMachine

Randy Moss was sent undercover by Al Davis to destroy the New England Patriots from the inside.

Dasutin
Randy Moss was sent undercover by Al Davis to destroy the New England Patriots from the inside.

Sounds good to me. But, I think Randy would do that for free.

beanmachine43

I'd hope for the NFC West to be tight this year. Seattle's been dominate, if you want to call it that, for the past few years. I'm still not sold on SF gaining a playoff spot, but I definitely see them improving from last year. Seattle on the other hand, they had a pretty average draft, but had a few key offseason signings. D-Jack was the only player left on the team that had an attitude, and with him gone Hasselbeck can focus with Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, and my personal favorite D.J. Hackett. inlove.gif

As for Randy, I'm pulling for him. I hated seeing him rot away in Oakland, the man could've put up some great numbers on any other team, why the Raiders? Anyway, Tom Brady will hopefully sit him down and come to a consencus.

B Rob

The Patriots will be unstoppable next season. Can anyone say 4 in 7 years or whatever it is lol.

Where do you guys think Keyshawn is going?

chuck430
I'd hope for the NFC West to be tight this year. Seattle's been dominate, if you want to call it that, for the past few years. I'm still not sold on SF gaining a playoff spot, but I definitely see them improving from last year. Seattle on the other hand, they had a pretty average draft, but had a few key offseason signings. D-Jack was the only player left on the team that had an attitude, and with him gone Hasselbeck can focus with Deion Branch, Bobby Engram, and my personal favorite D.J. Hackett. inlove.gif

As for Randy, I'm pulling for him. I hated seeing him rot away in Oakland, the man could've put up some great numbers on any other team, why the Raiders? Anyway, Tom Brady will hopefully sit him down and come to a consencus.

SF swept the 'Hawks (reigning NFC Champs) and they added a lot. so i'll stick with my all time favorites and pick the 49ers. its good to see Mr York spending some money to restore the pride that used to be with the orginization. i once read that the players had to pay for their own sports drinks, and that they couldnt enter the 2nd floor of the gym (dont know whats up there, but they werent allowed up there). cheap bastard and his wife stole the team from his brother in law.

GTA3Rockstar
The Patriots will be unstoppable next season. Can anyone say 4 in 7 years or whatever it is lol.

Where do you guys think Keyshawn is going?

I seriously doubt you will see them making another run anytime soon, or at all. As for KJ, I see him heading into retirement.

Broncos I see going 11-5, wild card!

ToyMachine

Broncos aren't going nowhere. The Broncos and the Chiefs got worse, while the Chargers and the Raiders got better. The division will even out soon. Well except the Chiefs because they have a coach who routinely ruins teams he coaches.

NFC West still sucks. Seattle is a wildcard team in any other division, they just dominate NFC West because the 49ers are a pseudo-playoff team, the Rams who start off strong and have a potential premier offense in the league fall apart in the long run and the Cardinals just draft well on paper, but the players they have can't do anything as a team.

beanmachine43

Looks like there's preliminary talks on adding a 17th game to the regular-season schedule. I myself don't think it should be added, because it would guarantee a bunch new records, probably be based outside the U.S., and could even push the Super Bowl back further. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

TDP992

Can anyone believe Ricky Williams just failed another drug test? What an idiot.

B Rob
How many has he failed now? Like 3 or 4?

TDP992

I think 4, could be five though

D Jones

What a idiot. I really had some faith in him and I truly wanted to see him play again in the NFL. Not unless he straightens up termendously, I doubt we will ever see 'ol Ricky in the NFL again.

GTA3Rockstar

He would've sucked anyways

D Jones

I don't know, I wouldn't exactly say he'd suck. Maybe not as good as he used to be, but a decent player to say the least.

Bartleby

I don't know, I wouldn't exactly say he'd suck. Maybe not as good as he used to be, but a decent player to say the least.

Whether or not he would've been good, he doesn't deserve to play in the NFL. He didn't deserve to any longer the moment he "retired", if you ask me. I just can't garner any sympathy for someone who was doing so well, not only financially with the millions of dollars he was making, but his rushing statistics as well, and decided to flush all of it down the toilet because he wanted to get high; and what's more, the NFL gave him a chance to clean up his act and get back out on the field, and he popped positive again!

f*cking loser.

beanmachine43

I don't see what's wrong with people trying to smoke some chronic when they know they're in a very demanding sport. The way I see it, if they want to do something to endanger their health and step on the field, let them be punished on the field, not off.

Dasutin
I don't see what's wrong with people trying to smoke some chronic when they know they're in a very demanding sport. The way I see it, if they want to do something to endanger their health and step on the field, let them be punished on the field, not off.

Ricky smokes marijuana for a very good reason. Social anxiety disorder, also known as "social phobia". It's a very difficult disorder to live with. The name suggests what it is. In a social enviroment, you are uncomfortable enough to have anxiety attacks. Marijuana is a claming drug, and many people, not just professional athletes, self medicate with marijuana, and they normally do this before entering the social situation. For this, I sympathize with him. There are legal prescription drugs, but I know from personal experience that they do not do the trick sometimes. I, however, have a very mild case, and I can deal with it without drugs.

beanmachine43

Ricky smokes marijuana for a very good reason. Social anxiety disorder, also known as "social phobia". It's a very difficult disorder to live with. The name suggests what it is. In a social enviroment, you are uncomfortable enough to have anxiety attacks. Marijuana is a claming drug, and many people, not just professional athletes, self medicate with marijuana, and they normally do this before entering the social situation. For this, I sympathize with him. There are legal prescription drugs, but I know from personal experience that they do not do the trick sometimes. I, however, have a very mild case, and I can deal with it without drugs.

True, but I just meant it on a wider scale. The drug policy in sports, particulary American, is laughable. Sure, you should be punished for taking something that enhances your play un-naturally, but for the opposite I don't see why the NFL slams you for hitting the blunt every once in a while, or something similiar.

I just don't see how players like Ricky are openly criticized for using drugs at one point in their careers, and yet others like L.T. are often overloked, and he did coke for crying out loud. But I understand Ricky was never decisive through the whole thing, but let him take the field and see what he can do.

chuck430

how about the fact that it is illegal?

if it is medicinal then get a perscription

Dasutin
how about the fact that it is illegal?

if it is medicinal then get a perscription

I'm certain you can't get a prescription to use marijuana for social phobia. Not in the U.S., atleast.

beanmachine43

The legality really has no weight in the matter. Regardless if it was legal or not, if its against the rules of the NFL they will come down on you, hard.

chuck430
The legality really has no weight in the matter. Regardless if it was legal or not, if its against the rules of the NFL they will come down on you, hard.

NFL rules dont trump the gov't laws. the NFL, especially today, wants good citizens and role models for children.

Dasutin

I would say Ricky is a good role model. He's a good man. I wouldn't even call his marijuana use a problem, since the main purpose of his usage is not simply to get high. He should be looked at differently when judging the problems with the NFL, because even though he's violated the anti-drug policy numerous times, he's not one of the problems. People make a joke out of him, and the media turns into a circus everytime he fails his test. Which, ironically, is the last thing this man needs.

chuck430

he knows hes under the microscope, so why keep doing it?

you say he has a disorder and that he is self medicating, well not all of the US is pro-weed. and as long as there is a stigma related to weed, it will never be allowed.

this maybe another reason for him being suspended....perhaps the NFL wants to show the players that they (the players) need the NFL, and not the other way around. Ricky left without word to travel India or where ever. So the NFL comes down hard on him b/c he is not worried about the rules, and that he can live without the NFL.

GTA3Rockstar

Major bump! Anything happening in the NFL lately!

Dasutin

Nope. Couple of mini-camps have started. Good news of the Colts, Freeney is going even though he hasn't signed his franchise tender. NFL rules don't allow him to participate, but he went just to get acclamated with his new teammates, and just be an overall good teammate himself. Show he's with the team now, and wants to be with the team for a long time. The reason he hasn't signed the tender is because he's waiting for a long-term. Which I'm certain will happen, because the 9.14 million cap hit the Colts would take for the tag is just too much, and next year it jumps up over 11 million if they don't get it. So both sides really want this to happen. Unlike Edge, when they were content with him playing on the tag, and eventually replacing him.

Sniper.

Heres some major news in the NFL...

Patriots' Marquise Hill's body found

[ Source: Yahoo! Sports ]

NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- The body of New England Patriots player Marquise Hill was found Monday, a state official said, a day after he was reported missing following a jet ski accident on Lake Pontchartrain.

Hill's body was discovered by searchers about a quarter-mile from where the former LSU star and a female companion were involved in the accident, Capt. Brian Clark of the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries Department said.

"The family will have to make positive identification," Clark said, "but the body we found was that of Mr. Marquise Hill."

The Coast Guard was called Sunday night, Petty Officer Tom Atkeson said. The search began immediately, using boats and helicopters.

By the time the body was found, the Coast Guard, Wildlife and Fisheries, the New Orleans Police Department and Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Department were involved, Clark said.

Hill's body was taken to the Orleans Parish Coroner's office, but phone messages left there were not immediately returned.

Hill's agent, Albert Elias, said he had been told Hill and a young woman were jetskiing Sunday in the lake when both of them went into the water, which had a strong current. Elias said the woman was able to make it to a pylon and hang on until she was rescued, while Hill was last seen floating away from the scene.

Hill played on LSU's national championship team and was a second-round draft pick by New England in 2004.

"We are all shocked," Patriots owner Robert Kraft said in a statement.

The woman, whose identity was not available Monday morning, was rescued and sent to Tulane Medical Center where she told them Hill had tried to keep her calm as the two were drifting away from each other.

Neither Hill nor the woman wore a life preserver, Atkeson said.

"It's so important to have a life jacket and a signaling device," Atkeson said. "One keeps you afloat and the other helps us find you."

Elias said Hill, a defensive end, spent much of his time since Hurricane Katrina helping family members rebuild their homes.