2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTA3Rockstar

NFL Discussion

GTA3Rockstar

So? What's new in the NFL?

SBizz6

The only real news as of late is the spygate crap with the Patriots. Seriously, it's just getting annoying to see this topic discussed over and over again. The Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl, everyone knows they filmed games and signs, no one cares... It's over. As much as I hate the Pats, it's time to put this silly stuff behind us and trust that it won't happen again.

Other than that, it seems that Urlacher is holding out right now due to contract issues.

Yippie dozingoff.gif

I Love Anna Kournikova

I am tired of the NFL because its all about the money.

For me, College football is better.

However I am still a radiers fan. sad.gif

GTA3Rockstar

What's the meaning of the unpinness? sad.gif

ryuclan

The only real news as of late is the spygate crap with the Patriots. Seriously, it's just getting annoying to see this topic discussed over and over again. The Patriots didn't win the Super Bowl, everyone knows they filmed games and signs, no one cares... It's over. As much as I hate the Pats, it's time to put this silly stuff behind us and trust that it won't happen again.

Other than that, it seems that Urlacher is holding out right now due to contract issues.

Yippie dozingoff.gif

Well if they would have won it would have been a whole different story. Anyway I'm surprised they're still talking about that crap. It is done like you said and lets get to the prospects of tomorrow.

Gotta Watch my Cowboys!!

gta_player5

Some big news today.

Michael Strahan decides to retire from football after winning his first Super Bowl championship.

Cedric Benson released by the Chicago Bears after second alcohol related arrest in a month.

I'm not surprised by either of these to be honest. I expected Strahan to retire after the Giants won the Super Bowl. He was the defensive captain but he was not the best on the defensive line; that's not to say he was not still very talented. Osi Umenyoira and Justin Tuck and Mathias Kiwanuka are there and when they all are healthy I think that Michael Strahan's presence in the locker room will be missed, but it will not be on the field because of such depth at defensive line.

After Cedric Benson was arrested for Boating While Intoxicated he definitely got a short leash from the Bears, but it seems that he didn't care as he was arrested again this weekend in a driving while intoxicated. The Bears obviously did not want to deal with a very lackluster runningback getting into trouble, so I am not surprised that they released him. And to be honest, I think it was the right move releasing him. Sure you take the cap hit, but it is still his rookie salary so it cannot be that much. Benson was drafted fourth overall in the 2005 NFL Draft, and what has he done? Nothing. He hasn't done anything that deserves the Bears keeping him on their team especially after these arrests.

ryuclan

Too bad CB didn't play for Miami, he'd be starting still. I can't believe they gave Ricky so many damn chances. Anyway unless I am competely out of the know and it has happened already I can see Favre coming in somewhere in the coaching department. Later on Offensive coordinator if not Head coach. People would make Favre head coach in a heart beat.

gta_player5
Too bad CB didn't play for Miami, he'd be starting still. I can't believe they gave Ricky so many damn chances.

There's a difference. Sure Ricky Williams failed five drug tests but he was never arrested. Cedric Benson has been arrested for controlling some sort of vehicle while drunk twice in the last month. There's a clear difference between failing a drug test and getting arrested. The Bengals are a good example. Odell Thurman failed several drug tests, and though he was recently released by the team after failing another test that will make him sit another season, he wasn't released by them even though he was suspended the entire 2007-2008 season. Chris Henry on the other hand, was suspended half the season and played well in his return. But, he got arrested after the season ended, and that was it. He had been arrested three times since he was apart of the Bengals and he had been involved in numerous other incidents, including assault, possession, property damage, and failed drug tests.

A player that does nothing but tarnishes the image of a team should not have to be dealt with. The Bengals were seen as, like a team from our FFL, the Bail Bond Bengals. The Bears obviously have had enough of Benson's underachieving and arrests, so they cut him. Ricky Williams had rushed for over 1,800 yards and 1,200 yards in his first two seasons in Miami. Nick Saban liked him so after his four game suspension he was brought back where he still played pretty well getting over 700 yards. He can play football, the only bad thing is, he likes to smoke weed.

HushBull <3rdEye>

The Bears are in really big trouble in the next coming years. I don't really see too much upside to them as a team.

Hodgey.
After Cedric Benson was arrested for Boating While Intoxicated he definitely got a short leash from the Bears, but it seems that he didn't care as he was arrested again this weekend in a driving while intoxicated. The Bears obviously did not want to deal with a very lackluster runningback getting into trouble, so I am not surprised that they released him. And to be honest, I think it was the right move releasing him. Sure you take the cap hit, but it is still his rookie salary so it cannot be that much. Benson was drafted fourth overall in the 2005 NFL Draft, and what has he done? Nothing. He hasn't done anything that deserves the Bears keeping him on their team especially after these arrests.

Very true what you said tere. If he was a good runnin back Chicago may have kept him but if your not producin on the feild after 2 years and bein a dick off it your team aint gonna stand behind you all the time. I think even if he didnt get done for drink he would of been released by the Bears at the end of this year if he didnt perform well enough.

I mean whos gonna want to take a chance on him now?

gta_player5

LAS VEGAS -- Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker remained hospitalized with a concussion and a battered face on Tuesday, one day after he was beaten, robbed and found unconscious on a Las Vegas street.

That's not good at all. Hopefully they straighten everything out with him.

Also, Chad Johnson is to undergo surgery on his ankle this week. More news to come about Ocho Cinco's ankle when available.

Runey

Chad Johnson's having surgery on both ankles, and last I heard, he was expected to be ready for camp.

gta_player5

Chad Johnson will probably do what he did in mini camp in training camp. He will probably show up with his equipment, helmet, pads, jersey, but won't take part in drills. That's just my guess, unless the team decides to fine him if he doesn't take part in drills. That's the only reason why he is showing up, because he'll be fined and he won't be traded.

Hodgey.
Chad Johnson will probably do what he did in mini camp in training camp. He will probably show up with his equipment, helmet, pads, jersey, but won't take part in drills. That's just my guess, unless the team decides to fine him if he doesn't take part in drills. That's the only reason why he is showing up, because he'll be fined and he won't be traded.

True i cant see Ocho missin out on money for anythin.

And Pacman Jones wont play for the Cowboys as he wants people to start callin him Adam. Like it really matters what people call you but i suppose its his choice what he wants to be known as. Probably tryin to move forward from all the sh*t that went before with him.

gta_player5

AP Reports Las Vegas Police have made arrest in Walker Case

Now that they made one of the two arrests in that case hopefully Javon Walker can make a full recovery. It doesn't seem like he sustained very serious injuries, a broken orbital bone isn't good but it isn't career threatening, and a moderate concussion, let's just hope he goes about recovering from that the right way. Too often you see football players from high school and up not report concussions because they want to play and then they suffer from PCS simply because they didn't want to sit out. Walker has time before the season starts so he should be able to recover.

Two charged in burglarizing home of Packers' running back Noah Herron

What's with football players being targets of robberies and burglaries? First with the incredibly unfortunate and tragic death of Sean Taylor, then Javon Walker getting beat up in Las Vegas and now Noah Herron? At least he was uninjured, I just can't imagine what was going through his mind.

gta_player5

Bump

NFL Commissioner, Roger Goodell, supports rookie salary cap

Gene Upshaw vs Roger Goodell

I think that Gene Upshaw is an idiot. Sure you're the president of the players association, but how can you honestly say that you think that rookies should get as much money as they're entitled to when they haven't even played a down in the NFL yet? What if one of these "incredible" rookies turns into Ryan Leaf? That team is going to regret paying them that $35 million. Hell, teams already regret paying rookies that much money and teams are already in favor of the rookie cap. Example, the Dolphins wanted to trade the #1 overall pick, but nobody wanted to trade for it because they did not want to have to pay the rookies that much money. Teams and veterans and fans like me are all in support of this rookie salary cap. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons quarterback, could turn out to be a good quarterback, but before we know what he will be like, before he has played a single down in the NFL, signed a 6 year $72 million contract with $34.75 million guaranteed. That makes him the third highest paid player in the league, he is getting paid more than Tom Brady. It's absolutely ridiculous.

Attorney General

Locked on request.