3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTA3Rockstar

NFL Discussion

Runestoner

Jamal Lewis to Cleveland, McGahee to Baltimore and Dillon meeting with Buffalo?

Doesn't matter though because nothing changes

Baltimore- Playoff Bound

Cleveland- Come on, people...it's the Browns for god sake

Buffalo- See above and insert "Bills" where "Browns" is

B Rob
I heard from my brother that Bly doesn't want to play for Denver but rather for Washington. I laugh at that f*cker knob. lol

Why wouldn't he want to? Denver has more talent, better coaching, more prior success, and a greater chance at a Super Bowl Ring than Washington?

Dasutin

He's from Virginia. Here's a new report I read earlier that said he was happy in Denver, and all the other reports are false.

chuck430
I heard from my brother that Bly doesn't want to play for Denver but rather for Washington. I laugh at that f*cker knob. lol

Why wouldn't he want to? Denver has more talent, better coaching, more prior success, and a greater chance at a Super Bowl Ring than Washington?

he wants a new contract, and washington was willing to give him one

ToyMachine

Vick now has a target in Horn

This has been said every year whenever Vick got a new WR. Horn is hardly a target. A big name with no production.

Dominic Rhodes joined the Raiders. f*ck.

Justin Griffith signed too. Awesome, he's a good fullback.

chuck430

This has been said every year whenever Vick got a new WR. Horn is hardly a target. A big name with no production.

whenever hes played the whole season he's had very good numbers, 80+ catches for 1,200+ yards. that is by far the best thing atlanta has seen since Andre Rison. granted, horn hasnt played a full season for 2 years now, but its definately a plus to have your best receiver not be your TE.

Dasutin

Are you serious, you don't like the Dominic Rhodes signing? Lamont Jordan is the starter, but Dominic Rhodes is like the relief pitcher. He comes in when the starter needs a breather, and when the defense is on their heels. He cuts through them like butter in that situation. He's better suited for that situation, but he does also offer insurance for Lamont Jordan if he happens to get injured again, because he has a full season of starting experience. It's a great signing for the Raiders. I thought the Giants would be a better option for him, but that was because I didn't think the Raiders would be a suitor. It's a similar running back situation he's used to after his career with Indy.

ToyMachine

Yes, but he won't be constantly running against pass coverage anymore.

GTA3Rockstar

Well, Plummer did retire. Not even sure why, he would've made starter out in Chicago if he made it up there. Hmm, maybe he just knows he sucks ass lol

chuck430

NE continues to improve this offseason, now signing Dante Stallworth

Runestoner

The Pats are going to be a team to watch as a serious contender, even more than usual.

I wouldn't be surprised if they won the Super Bowl.

Bartleby

The Pats are going to be a team to watch as a serious contender, even more than usual.

Why would you? They've won three in the past six years...

With Stallworth gone from Philadelphia, I guess the hunt for another deep threat for Donovan continues.

GTA3Rockstar

Why would you? They've won three in the past six years...

With Stallworth gone from Philadelphia, I guess the hunt for another deep threat for Donovan continues.

Yeah, if he f*ckin' stays heathly. Well, DEwards heads back to Kansas City and San Diego gets a new helmet(Gold bolt, with powder blue and navy outline. Complete with a white helmet). Kind of cool I suppose, everything else satyed the same.

Dasutin

Nick Harper was signed by the Titans.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/TEN/10058816

Also, since Cato June isn't getting any more offers, Indy may be able to keep him for a smaller price than anticipated.

GTA3Rockstar

Looks like Briggs wants out of Chicago. NFL.com

He would rather sit out a season than to not play for the Bears. They put him on as a Franchise Player last week, so that had the majority of the influence.

Dasutin

It really don't understand why players are so offended by the franchise tag. They'll make the average pay of the top 5 paid players at their position. Boo-hoo. You're only making six million for one year of football. Look at all these players tagged. You don't hear a peep out of any of them, other than Briggs. This is all because of greed. He saw Nate Clements get 80 million dollars with 22 gauranteed, and now he thinks he should be paid more than teammate, Brian Urlacher.

GTA3Rockstar

He's just pissed they lost the super bowl and what happend the year before. lol He just needs to shut up and get over it, people would kill to make millions like they do.

Burning-Ice

Chicago Bears are such a cheap organization, I have no idea how they get the players they have. If Chicago lose Briggs, they lost a big portion on their defense IMO.

Dasutin
Chicago Bears are such a cheap organization, I have no idea how they get the players they have. If Chicago lose Briggs, they lost a big portion on their defense IMO.

Even though Lance Briggs is an excellent linebacker, his position is very replacable in a Cover 2 system. Infact, most of the linebackers in this draft class are best suited for a Cover 2. There are a lot of speedy, athletic, good cover linebackers that will be available even on the second day.

GTA3Rockstar

Another Bear is in trouble. He's headed to jail for 4 months, Tank Johnson or whoever. Dumbass bears. lol

connect4

My Bears are cheap, and some have gotten in trouble, but the Bengals had 8 arrests this year. Football is a thug's game, and that macho attitude that makes them great on the field hurts them off. I wish Briggs would just take the damn 7million this year, but if he gets injured he'll have to survive off the money he saved up in his career. They're only paying him $700,000 without the IRS taking half, then again his agent is Drew Rosenhaus.

chuck430

Peter King had a good point this week, in his SI article

back in 93 when they created the cap and franchise tag, the NFLPA agreed to it. Briggs is in the NFLPA. you dont hear owners and GMs bitching when their stars sign with other teams for high prices. why do we hear the players complain? if Briggs wants a change, then he should get more active with the NFLPA and try to change it.

so he's sitting out because he thinks 7+million is an insult? who is stupider, him or Ricky Williams?

Dasutin

Peter King had a good point this week, in his SI article

back in 93 when they created the cap and franchise tag, the NFLPA agreed to it.  Briggs is in the NFLPA.  you dont hear owners and GMs bitching when their stars sign with other teams for high prices.  why do we hear the players complain?  if Briggs wants a change, then he should get more active with the NFLPA and try to change it.

so he's sitting out because he thinks 7+million is an insult?  who is stupider, him or Ricky Williams?

I'm going to have to go with Ricky, since it cost him $5 million to go to India and smoke bud for a year. Briggs is up there, though. He's trying to "Deion Branch" his team. He wants them to trade him, except with Branch, he would still get paid if he came back week 10. Briggs will get nothing if he sits out, which is why the bluff is obvious. He'll be back after pre-season, if they don't trade him.

Dasutin

Not a lot of posting going on. Cato June signed with the Bucs. Good fit for him, would have liked to have him back. Brandon Stokely signed with the Broncos. I hope he can stay healthy, he's a real classy player, and he deserves this chance. Montae Reagor is visiting with the Eagles. There were reports his career could be over after his car accident, so this would be a real lucky break for him.

GTA3Rockstar

Yeah, nothing new really until the draft but Stokley just signed a one year deal with the Broncos. As Das noted

chuck430

Archuleta, and his huge contract, are traded to Da Bears for a 6th round pick.

GTA3Rockstar

Shanahan isn't messing around. He's setting it up for Cutler, with Henry & Stokley. It might not be enough but it sure is setting enough targets for Cutler to pass to.

chuck430
Shanahan isn't messing around. He's setting it up for Cutler, with Henry & Stokley. It might not be enough but it sure is setting enough targets for Cutler to pass to.

they also signed Ramsey to backup Cutler

GTA3Rockstar

they also signed Ramsey to backup Cutler

Pretty decent backup, but nothing too spectacular.

Over The Wall
Archuleta, and his huge contract, are traded to Da Bears for a 6th round pick.

Let's all point and laugh at the Redskins.

They made Archuleta the richest safety in football last offseason and toted him as the missing centerpiece of their defense. A year on the bench, a hefty signing bonus and cap penalty later, Archuleta's gone for a highly coveted sixth round pick. Maybe the Redskins will use it to acquire another undersized, speedy, 3rd receiver.