3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTA3Rockstar

NFL Discussion

ToyMachine

Dre Bly, one of the most overrated cornerbacks in the league, for a runningback that could have a great season only if the coach liked him. Sucks for the Broncos even though George Foster was almost a draft bust.

I wouldn't even trade Tatum for Dre straight up.

Sniper.

Im happy the Cowboys finally got rid of Bledsoe. He needs to retire.

B Rob
The Broncos could put anyone at RB and he would run well in their system. Dre Bly was worth it in my opinion. If they ever want to beat the Colts, which they always fail to do, then they need better pass defense. If I can remember correctly Wayne tore up Williams for over a 100 yards and 3 TD's. With a great safety and 2 good corners now they should be able to stop the Colts.

chuck430
Dre Bly, one of the most overrated cornerbacks in the league, for a runningback that could have a great season only if the coach liked him. Sucks for the Broncos even though George Foster was almost a draft bust.

it also gives detriot a chance to focus on who to draft. now they dont need to use the 2nd pick of the draft on a OG or RB. now should they use a 4th first rounder on a WR? the stud from Ga tech, who is supposed to be the best pick this year and best WR in a long time.

GTA3Rockstar

Jake Plummer to consider retirement!

chuck430

SF signs CB Nate Clements for 8 years at 80 million and also picked up Safety Michael Lewis. Almost looking like 1994 (Sanders, Davis, McDonald and Harris) with those backs, just need 2 more good players back there

Dasutin

Michael Lewis is pathetic in coverage. I'll be surprised if he's even the starter. Most likely, he'll just be used in run stopping situations as a 5th linebacker. Nate Clements, well "overpaid" is an overstatement. But, it's 80 million dollars, so Bill Gates would be overpaid if he was their statistician.

GTA3Rockstar

No, what it does is, it forces teams to throw over to Champ's side, thus, giving him more interceptions!

ToyMachine

No, what it does is, it forces teams to throw over to Champ's side, thus, giving him more interceptions!

I'd rather throw in the direction of a 5'8 midget.

Stupid move by Tampa Bay. Stupid, stupid. Gruden is an idiot.

10 mil a year for Clements is also too steep. He's good but not nearly deserving of a contract this fat.

And it looks to me like the AFC West will be the division of the young quarterbacks next year.

Dasutin

Do you mean signing Jeff Garcia, or trading for Jake Plummer? Or trading for Jake Plummer, then hearing he retired, then signing Jeff Garcia, then completing the Plummer trade anyway? Or letting DeWayne White walk?

GTA3Rockstar

Do you mean signing Jeff Garcia, or trading for Jake Plummer? Or trading for Jake Plummer, then hearing he retired, then signing Jeff Garcia, then completing the Plummer trade anyway? Or letting DeWayne White walk?

All!

Who is going to step in for Trent Green then!?

ToyMachine

All three. Trading for Plummer despite Plummer saying that he does not want to be traded and might consider retirement, paying Garcia the same amount of money he paid Simms not too long ago, promising Simms the starting job at the time his new deal was signed, having three starting quarterbacks (15 million dollars in total just on QBs) on the same roster and I'm not even going to mention Gradkowski who will most likely not get released, and letting their best pass rusher from last year walk.

The stupid Phillip Buchanon-John Gruden love affair is hilarious as well.

I think Brodie Croyle will start for the Chiefs next year.

chuck430

Plummer retired.

Thomas signed with the Pats. I was hoping the 49ers would get him, but i have to look foward to them getting Porter.

and for those who say Clements doesnt deserve that contract, not nearly half of it is gauranteed. and how many people stay on a team for 8 years? they might trade him after 3 just to make some cap space. i think i read he's only getting over 20 million for the first 3 years.

GTA3Rockstar

Plummer retired.

You have it all wrong, he is considering retirement! It mostly depending on if he is going to start with Tampa!

chuck430
Plummer retired.

You have it all wrong, he is considering retirement! It mostly depending on if he is going to start with Tampa!

or maybe the newspapers and SI have it wrong?

CENTENNIAL, Colorado (Ticker) -- A lot of retirees head to Florida. Jake Plummer apparently would rather stay in the Rocky Mountains.

Plummer ended all speculation regarding his future Sunday, announcing his retirement on his foundation's official web site.

The announcement caps a whacky turn of events surrounding Plummer, who lost his job as the Denver Broncos' starting quarterback late last season and was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Saturday.

Rather than join a rebuilding team with a muddled quarterback situation in Tampa Bay, the 32-year-old Plummer instead decided to call it quits after 10 seasons.

"I want to thank my family and close friends for their loyal support through all these fun-filled, roller-coaster years," Plummer said in a statement posted on the web site. "Second, I owe all of my greatest achievements in football to the men who stood by my side as my teammates and coaches."

After leading the Broncos to the playoffs in each of his first three seasons with the team, Plummer struggled in 2006, passing for 1,994 yards, 11 touchdowns and 13 interceptions for a rating of 68.8. The veteran ultimately lost his starting job to Jay Cutler, Denver's 2006 first-round pick.

With Cutler cemented as the Broncos' starter, questions and rumors began circling regarding Plummer's future. He appeared to have found a new home with the Buccaneers, who acquired the veteran for a conditional 2008 draft pick.

But it was a puzzling move by Tampa Bay, which had signed free agent Jeff Garcia just hours earlier and already had young quarterbacks Chris Simms and Bruce Gradkowski on the roster.

Less than 24 hours after being traded, Plummer made Tampa Bay's quarterbacks situation a little less hectic.

Plummer enjoyed his most successful season in 2004, passing for career highs of 4,089 yards and 27 TDs with Denver. He led the Broncos to a 13-3 record the following season but struggled in the AFC Championship game, throwing two interceptions in a loss to Pittsburgh.

A second-round pick in the 1997 draft, Plummer passed for 29,253 yards, 161 TDs and 161 interceptions in 143 career games with Denver and the Arizona Cardinals.

"Football has been awesome to me in many ways," he said. "I leave the game with my health and happiness and look forward to my future. I've got many rivers to cross."

© 2007 SportsTicker Enterprises, LP

GTA3Rockstar
Plummer retired.

or maybe the newspapers and SI have it wrong?

BULL

Well on the NFL site it still says he's considering it! So, we'll se what happens!

chuck430

denver picks up Travis Henry. trading Bell, OL and the pick for Bly seems to be a good trade now.

GTA3Rockstar
denver picks up Travis Henry. trading Bell, OL and the pick for Bly seems to be a good trade now.

Yeah, especally since Ahman Green wouldn't be a good choice for us! THenry is a good back that will prosper in the Denver system.

chuck430

word is that the bears are trading Thomas Jones and their late 2nd round pick to the Jets for their early 2nd round pick.

and the 49ers pick up WR Aslie Lelie on a 2 year contract. not the best guy, but definately an upgrade.

B Rob
Yup Jones is now with the Jets. Washington and Jones should be a great RB Combo for the Jets.

gta_player5

I'm annoyed today. Yes my Dolphins picked up Joey Porter, great player and another good linebacker to our front 7, but I am disappointed that we traded Wes Welker to the Pats for a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick and for the fact that we released Randy McMichael but signed David Martin, and we also got rid of Kevin Carter our D-End. I don't really care that we cut Harrington or Sammy Morris, but those other three annoyed me.

Now we have nine picks in the draft and we have the 9th pick in the draft as well. This better be a hell of a draft for the Dolphins.

chuck430
I'm annoyed today. Yes my Dolphins picked up Joey Porter, great player and another good linebacker to our front 7, but I am disappointed that we traded Wes Welker to the Pats for a 2nd round pick and a 7th round pick and for the fact that we released Randy McMichael but signed David Martin, and we also got rid of Kevin Carter our D-End. I don't really care that we cut Harrington or Sammy Morris, but those other three annoyed me.

Now we have nine picks in the draft and we have the 9th pick in the draft as well. This better be a hell of a draft for the Dolphins.

and hope that Dante is finally healed, or even able to return to MVP form

gta_player5

It has just been reported that Jamal Lewis has agreed to a contract with the Cleveland Browns. I'm guessing he and the Ravens could not bang out a contract that he was satisfied with. He should improve their running game if he is healthy, now all they need to do is improve their offensive line, maybe through the draft or free agency.

chuck430
It has just been reported that Jamal Lewis has agreed to a contract with the Cleveland Browns. I'm guessing he and the Ravens could not bang out a contract that he was satisfied with. He should improve their running game if he is healthy, now all they need to do is improve their offensive line, maybe through the draft or free agency.

they do have the 3rd pick

gta_player5

they do have the 3rd pick

What offensive linemen are in the draft? Seriously, I don't know lol. I'm not a very big follower of college sports, besides are Bowl Season and March Madness. I know that there is that USC offensive lineman only because he got a lot of air time when the NFL Network was airing highlights and what not from the NFL Combine.

B Rob
Well the top OLs in the draft are the guy from Wisconsin and Levi Brown from Penn State.

gta_player5

Who do we think the Lions are going to draft this year with the number two pick in the draft? Another wide out with Calvin Johnson? That would be stupid because there is nobody to throw him the ball. lol.gif I think that they should draft what they need and not draft something because it is up there, you know?

chuck430

Vick now has a target in Horn

B Rob
Who do we think the Lions are going to draft this year with the number two pick in the draft? Another wide out with Calvin Johnson? That would be stupid because there is nobody to throw him the ball. lol.gif I think that they should draft what they need and not draft something because it is up there, you know?

In the mock draft it has them drafting that OL from Wisconsin. I think his name is Joe Thomas.

GTA3Rockstar

I heard from my brother that Bly doesn't want to play for Denver but rather for Washington. I laugh at that f*cker knob. lol