3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTA3Rockstar

NFL Discussion

GTA3Rockstar
I got 6 out of 9 questions right. I wonder what that test has to do with being a great football player, though.

Edit: Also Corey Dillon's going to retire. I was shocked like hell when I heard that.

I knew it was coming! Not a surprise! Plus, the Browns win 3rd pick in draft with coin toss! lol Is that the first time that has happend!?

Dasutin

I got 8/9 with a full minute left.

GTA3Rockstar

So, who do you think will shine this year!? Will the Titans continue their reign from last year!?

Rashon.

Oh look, now Dillon's not retiring, he wants to be released by the Patriots and Thomas Jones wants out of the Bears.

Runestoner
I knew it was coming! Not a surprise! Plus, the Browns win 3rd pick in draft with coin toss! lol Is that the first time that has happend!?

Are you talking about the Browns winning anything or having to have a coin toss?

tounge.gif

GTA3Rockstar

Are you talking about the Browns winning anything or having to have a coin toss?

tounge.gif

Winning! Coin toss happend a few times if I do recall! lol

Dasutin
So, who do you think will shine this year!? Will the Titans continue their reign from last year!?

They won't make the playoffs. Don't tell any Titans fans I said that. They're seriously overestimating their team. They overachieved. They have a terrible passing game. Both because Vince Young has the accuracy of a third-party pregnancy test, and he has no one to throw to. Top it off with their wide reciever coach, Ray Sherman, leaving for Dallas. He's the best in the business. Their defense is the definition of "soft". They run the "bend and break... break hard" philosophy. They'll be 8-8 at best, and that's being generous. They still have a lot of rebuilding to do. Vince still has to mature as a pocket passer, or becomes the next Mike Vick. A running back playing quarterback. The defense has to get a better pass rush, and tackle somebody. It's always a good idea to tackle somebody, they missed the memo. And they must get someone who can cover in the secondary besides Pacman Jones.

gta_player5
besides Pacman Jones.

Because he is going to be in jail and then they are not going to have anybody who can cover somebody in the secondary. tounge.gif

chuck430
besides Pacman Jones.

Because he is going to be in jail and then they are not going to have anybody who can cover somebody in the secondary. tounge.gif

the new GM said he might not even be on the roster next season because of his involvement with the triple shooting in a vegas strip club.

GTA3Rockstar

Damien Nash died from the Denver Broncos. He just collapsed and died I heard on the news early this morning, another loss evcen though i never heard of him.

gta_player5
Damien Nash died from the Denver Broncos. He just collapsed and died I heard on the news early this morning, another loss evcen though i never heard of him.

You're the Bronco fan and you haven't heard of him, I knew who he was and I can't even name 10 players on that roster! tounge.gif I just read about him on Wikipedia to try and get more information on what happened since they weren't telling me anything on sports radio of ESPNEWS last night.

Nash collapsed suddenly following a charity basketball game at Riverview Gardens High School on February 24, 2007. Nash was found unresponsive at a residence in suburban St. Louis and was later pronounced dead.[2] The charity event was a fundraiser to benefit the Darris Nash Find A Heart Foundation, a charity which raises funds for heart transplant research. Damien had created the charity in honor of his older brother, Darris, a recent heart transplant recipient.

The National Football League team said in a statement that they had been informed of Nash's death. Nash is the second Broncos player to die this year; defensive back Darrent Williams was shot to death while riding in a limousine after leaving a Denver nightclub early in the morning of January 1, 2007.

Sergeant Ed Douglas of the Ferguson, Missouri, police department said in a telephone interview that Nash was transported by ambulance to Christian Hospital Northeast. Douglas said the case was still under investigation. Nash was pronounced dead at 6:41 p.m. local time, hospital nursing supervisor Eileen Zwilling said in a telephone interview. She said no other information was available.

It's sad, R.I.P. Damien Nash.

GTA3Rockstar

You're the Bronco fan and you haven't heard of him, I knew who he was and I can't even name 10 players on that roster! tounge.gif I just read about him on Wikipedia to try and get more information on what happened since they weren't telling me anything on sports radio of ESPNEWS last night.

Well I meant I never saw him play much. Yeah, very sad another Bronco down. RIP DNash

B Rob
I think he was like 3rd String. I'm pretty sure he did get a few touches when the Bells needed a break.

GTA3Rockstar
I think he was like 3rd String. I'm pretty sure he did get a few touches when the Bells needed a break.

Yeah, I looked at his stats. He had a good handful or two, but anyone know the cause!?

B Rob
I was watching sportscenter the other day and it said that he collapsed and that the cause of death is unknown right now.

GTA3Rockstar

I was watching sportscenter the other day and it said that he collapsed and that the cause of death is unknown right now.

I heard Cardiovascular Disease ran in the genes of the family and by which he had some or so I head. That might've been the cause but not totally sure!

B Rob
I'm not sure but that sounds like a valid cause of death Rockstar. So will Denver need to draft another running back late in the draft.

GTA3Rockstar
I'm not sure but that sounds like a valid cause of death Rockstar. So will Denver need to draft another running back late in the draft.

Most likely, but I don't think it will be that important for them to get one! They have Cedric Cobbs, who was 4th string!

Now they have D.Nash on the Broncos website! Plus, they have our opponents already listed! Pretty tough if you as me, lol

Rashon.

The Broncos have had a hard year so far. Darrent Williams gets killed just an hour or two into the new year and then almost two months later, Damien Nash dies.

GTA3Rockstar

Jamal Lewis is waived out of Baltimore! I saw it coming, no surprise!

Any other news!?

gta_player5

Any other news!?

Apparently they are going to try and renegotiate a contract. I was watching ESPNEWS and they said that the Ravens are going to waive him but they want to renegotiate his contract and sign him again. Strange if you ask me, why don't you just reconstruct his contract instead of waiving him?

Randy Moss to the Packers, apparently he makes too much money for the Packers' salary cap but he is willing to reconstruct his contract so he can go there. I hear that the trade most likely will not go through because since the Raiders gave up a first round pick and Napoleon Harris for Moss they will want too much and the Packers will probably not be willing to give them what they want.

Randy Moss, he has had some sub-par seasons the last two years, what do you think, is it because of lackluster QB's on the Raiders or could Moss just be losing his edge?

Cuse510

Lovie finally got a new contract from the Bears. Glad to see he's not the lowest paid coach in the league anymore...

GTA3Rockstar
Randy Moss, he has had some sub-par seasons the last two years, what do you think, is it because of lackluster QB's on the Raiders or could Moss just be losing his edge?

Both! He really needs someone like Culpepper but he is getting up there in age so he can't really do what he used to do!

chuck430

Any other news!?

Apparently they are going to try and renegotiate a contract. I was watching ESPNEWS and they said that the Ravens are going to waive him but they want to renegotiate his contract and sign him again. Strange if you ask me, why don't you just reconstruct his contract instead of waiving him?

Randy Moss to the Packers, apparently he makes too much money for the Packers' salary cap but he is willing to reconstruct his contract so he can go there. I hear that the trade most likely will not go through because since the Raiders gave up a first round pick and Napoleon Harris for Moss they will want too much and the Packers will probably not be willing to give them what they want.

they probably cut him so they could avoid paying him a roster bonus. sure theyd love to have him back, for less money, but if not then its not the end of the world.

zeta1

Bring back Jerry Rice.

ToyMachine

Bring back Jerry Rice.

Jerry Rice? The man who barely made the Broncos roster before retiring? Joke.

As much as I think Randy Moss became the cancer to Oakland he was to Minnesota, leaving for Green Bay will just hurt him. He's got Favre for one more year, he's in the cold and then he's got Aaron Rodgers who's even worse than Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks.

Or he could stay in Oakland, actually try to run routes, try to catch balls, especially with Jamarcus Russell coming to town, the man who can throw for 60 yards off his back foot.

It's either we got Russell-Moss or an extra 2nd round pick, a sh*tload of free cap space and no players detrimental to the team. Win-win for Oakland.

B Rob
I just read on yahoo sports that Denver could be getting Dre Bly by trading Plummer and a 3rd round pick. If that happened Denver would have another great corner and their pass defense would be better.

Dasutin

Actually, the Broncos traded (or will trade) Tatum Bell, George Foster, and possibly a 5th round pick (probably depends on incentives). Broncos go hosed.

Rashon.

I heard the Packers, Patriots, and Jaguars are interested in Randy Moss.

GTA3Rockstar
Actually, the Broncos traded (or will trade) Tatum Bell, George Foster, and possibly a 5th round pick (probably depends on incentives). Broncos go hosed.

Yup, its a deal!

So, look like we will need to pick up a new running back and a good offensive tackle! Dre Bly is good, but DWill will not be replaced! RIP