3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

GTA3Rockstar

NFL Discussion

D Jones

Anybody know why Gruden has 3 decent QBs and is trying to bring another one in?

Dasutin

Nobody knows why Jon Gruden does anything. He's the worst coach in the league. The Bucs traded two first round picks for him, he won a Superbowl with Dungy's team, and he's 27-53 since 2003. Their only winning season since then, they let their starting quarterback walk... and now they have 15 on the roster.

ToyMachine

I think its time to make the new Gtaforums fantasy football league.

Edit: So I could kick your ass again.

GTA3Rockstar

ATTENTION

Fantasy Football

ID -120014

Password - gtaforums

Draft - Aug 25th: 4:30 pm MDT Time

Teams - 14(if need change, will)

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/gtaforums

Edited by GTA3Rockstar

ToyMachine

Post the league ID.

GTA3Rockstar
Post the league ID.

I thought the link would cover that but its 120014 biggrin.gif

Forty
ATTENTION

Fantasy Football

ID -120014

Password - gtaforums

Draft - Aug 25th: 4:30 pm MDT Time

Teams - 14(if need change, will)

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/gtaforums

Perhaps you should make a separate topic? idk. Notify Runey! Don't let him sit this one out. And then get him to set up the Pick 'Em.

B Rob
I was whooping some serious ass in Pick Em last season. 2 weeks of not sending in my picks hurt bad though. bored.gif

Forty
I was whooping some serious ass in Pick Em last season. 2 weeks of not sending in my picks hurt bad though. bored.gif

Yeah but you disappeared near the end. A couple of people disappeared near the end.

GTA3Rockstar

Yea, I forgot who won it. I belive I did but I don't recall it. tounge.gif

Attorney General

Camps open up in about two weeks. colgate.gif

Who's everybody pulling for and who's gonna seriously deny that the Bengals are destined to be playing in Pheonix in February.

Oh and the other day I heard that Donovan Darius, formerly a safety for the Jags, signed with the Raiders.

GTA3Rockstar
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7...18-538f085389f7

6 years, $72 million, $30 million bonus, $15 of that being an option due February 2008.

Overpaid.

Freeney needs to run 9 yards downfield to get a sack. f*ck him. Let's see what Peppers gets next year.

Agreed but he gets his job done but well over paid.

Dasutin
http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=article7...18-538f085389f7

6 years, $72 million, $30 million bonus, $15 of that being an option due February 2008.

Overpaid.

Freeney needs to run 9 yards downfield to get a sack. f*ck him. Let's see what Peppers gets next year.

They're all overpaid, but you make it sound like he's overrated. When you're triple teaming a 6'1" 268 pound defensive end with two 300+ pound offensive line and a running back or tightend, he's obviously a disruption. And by the way, I rarely, if ever, see Freeney 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage before he gets a sack. I see that more out of Mathis. When Freeney is spinning inside, offensive lineman switch over to chip him, and the quarterback drops back... waaaaay back. He scares the hell out of everyone he goes up against.

Except Orlando Pace.

TDP992

Who's everybody pulling for and who's gonna seriously deny that the Bengals are destined to be playing in Pheonix in February.

Oh and the other day I heard that Donovan Darius, formerly a safety for the Jags, signed with the Raiders.

Darius is getting old, and he really hasn't been the same since he broke his leg. But then again, I guess the Raiders could use anyone right now.

GTA3Rockstar

Darius is getting old, and he really hasn't been the same since he broke his leg. But then again, I guess the Raiders could use anyone right now.

Sh*t yea. All of us can make a better team than the Raiders. They suck huge donkey dick.

ToyMachine

Sh*t yea. All of us can make a better team than the Raiders. They suck huge donkey dick.

Better than the Chiefs.

Attorney General

confused.gif

Once you pull your head out of your ass, you may realize that although the Raiders may have the worst offense of the last 20 years, their defense was ranked third in the AFC last year.

And a healthy Darius can improve any team's D in running situations.

GTA3Rockstar

Better than the Chiefs.

We won't know until they play, now won't we? tounge2.gif

TDP992

confused.gif

Once you pull your head out of your ass, you may realize that although the Raiders may have the worst offense of the last 20 years, their defense was ranked third in the AFC last year.

And a healthy Darius can improve any team's D in running situations.

Okay, the Raiders passing defense gave up 140.5 a game last year, I'll give you that. But who wants to pass on them? Everyone is getting early leads and they just run on them to run the clock down the rest of the game, that's why their defense also gave up 135 yards a game rushing. Just ask yourself, Do you really think that there are only two teams with better a defense than the Raiders? Anyway, don't the Raiders already have a strong safety they used a top ten pick on (Micheal Huff) in which they passed up Matt Leinert for? I'm guessing one of them is play the free safety spot, unless they're bringing in Donovan just as a mentor.

(No need for flaming by the way)

Attorney General

Sure, Huff should develop into a fine player and they have Sweigart too, so I'd just shift Huff to free safety and plug Darius in at SS. Though Sweigart is a more than adequate third safety, I don't think they can slot him in ahead of either of those guys. I do think the Raiders D is more than formidable...it's just the sub-par offense that killed them last year.

And you're right, no need for the hostility. I was hammered drunk...hence the elementary intro to my tapering points. And mind you, I said that before I read that you are a Steelers fan. Still...my bad bro.

Dasutin

I didn't think the Raiders run defense was that bad. They didn't look that bad. I think it's probably a misleading stat, and it's more similar to the Vikings than the Colts, who teams couldn't run a lick on, so all they did was pass. Unlike the Colts, "Running's easy as hell, why do anything else?"

ToyMachine

Darius was brought in for this reason. He wont replace Schweigert because he's inadequate in coverage. Huff and Schweigert will both start at safety. (No more FS and SS for the Raiders. Kiffin is implementing a right safety and a left safety depending where the TE lines up)

If anybody saw any Raider games last year they'd know that Rob Ryan ran a lot of 4-2-5 packages. Way more than any other team in the league.

Sam Williams was subbed out for Tyrone Pool or Stanford Routt in this package. This is what led to the Raiders having such a good pass defense. Unfortunetly because they had a third light weight on the field their run defense suffered. Darius will play the fifth DB role in that package this year. This should even out the pass defense and the run defense.

The inflated rushing numbers against the Raiders D came from the fact that the offense was out there for no longer than a 3rd and out all the time. They actually had a decent run defense.

TDP992

I don't understand how any team could go down a sh*thole as big as the Raiders did after losing the Super Bowl. I mean, they went from having one of the greatest offenses in league history(Rich Gannon, Tim Brown, Jerry Rice) to having one of the worst offenses in league history.

Now that I think about it, the Raiders might have been better off keeping Randy Moss, as him and JaMarcus Russell's arm might make a great duo. I can't remember if Moss wanted out or if the Raiders wanted him off the team...

GTA3Rockstar
Now that I think about it, the Raiders might have been better off keeping Randy Moss, as him and JaMarcus Russell's arm might make a great duo. I can't remember if Moss wanted out or if the Raiders wanted him off the team...

I think it was because he wanted out of Oakland. By the way, the draft time has been changed one day later(Aug 26th 4:45MDT)

ToyMachine
I don't understand how any team could go down a sh*thole as big as the Raiders did after losing the Super Bowl. I mean, they went from having one of the greatest offenses in league history(Rich Gannon, Tim Brown, Jerry Rice) to having one of the worst offenses in league history.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

matt11504

i support the jaguars but getting rid of donovan was a bad idea

Attorney General

I hear ya matt, I dig Darius too. And didn't you guys loose Deon Grant too?

Anyway...I just heard that the Lions just made Cory Redding the highest paid D-tackle in the league. mercie_blink.gif Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. I know dude had a good year last season with 8 or 9 sacks and about 45 tackles, but a 7 year, 49 million dollar contract? Ummm...thanks, but no thanks.

TDP992

I hear ya matt, I dig Darius too. And didn't you guys loose Deon Grant too?

Anyway...I just heard that the Lions just made Cory Redding the highest paid D-tackle in the league.  mercie_blink.gif  Daaaaaaaaaaaamn. I know dude had a good year last season with 8 or 9 sacks and about 45 tackles, but a 7 year, 49 million dollar contract?  Ummm...thanks, but no thanks.

Well there aren't that many big name defensive tackles out there. But yea. He's Definitely overpaid. Probably the most overpaid in the league. I hadn't heard of him until this year. One defensive tackle to watch is Tamba Hali on Kansas City, I'm telling you he has alot of potential. And yea Deon Grant got picked up by Seattle.