• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cursed

• sivispacem

• HaRdSTyLe_83

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got the cable management done on my setup, and a few other bits and bobs. Getting there.            

Iconic Formula 1 livery. JPS.               Matching custom keyboard       Still moving things around.  

leik oh em jeez!

It's a bit cramped in there, isn't it?

My GPU reaches +80C when the side panel is on, about 70C when off confused.gif

Cramped? You would have sh*t your pants if you saw my old system. You couldn't even see the motherboard. I'll see if I can dig up some pics.

user posted image

Yeah, that was my way old system.

Took the picture with my RAZR, I miss that phone.

leik oh em jeez!

It only had the one DVD drive in that picture. I later added another CD drive and a PCI TV Tuner.

And at one point there was an 8800GTX in it.

Yeah, that was my way old system.

That kinda reminds me of my current PC before i changed the case...

user posted image

It's not nearly as crammed, but still. Now it's a little bit better.

user posted image

Yeah, it's quite appealing to the eye. Shame I've got no case window tounge.gif

It was pretty darn expensive too... I could pretty much buy now Thermalright Silver Arrow for about what I paid for Megahalems and two fans. Ouch.

Anyway, I've posted more pic of my rig here if you're interested: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtop...st&p=1060429291

Nothing has changed really since then.

leik oh em jeez!
@leik oh em jeez!

I hope you did know that some parts are not mounted on anything, right? tounge.gif

Well the front 120mm was wedged in there tight enough that it wouldn't move, and gravity held the 1Tb HDD in place.

Along, long time ago, Waddy got upset I posted pictures of multiple computers I collected, that collection actually morphed since then, I can't get them all in one shot perhaps, but I also got confused with DESKTOP meanings,

As some of you probably know, Desktop refers to the virtual screen area, and it refers to a traditional PC that sits physically on a desktop. I did want to show you the laptop desktop as it pertains to the one I use most often, with my email and browsers... etc.

The famed Acer Aspire 4710 I have dealt with issue after issues since I bought it for $120 bucks! It's even survived several falls to the floor and it keeps ticking! I LOVE THAT!! So I plan to keep using it for some time, upgrading only the motherboard for MXM graphics and then hoping to play SA and older GTA games on it, I don't think GTA4 would run, but it's possible if MXM II models were supported! haha

user posted image

I'm a Lambo fan for life, there's no other car as appealing shape wise for me ^

The complete machine can be seen below, with some FOUND Acer wallpaper

user posted image

My slightly cleaner desktop with a 100 wallpaper collection rotating every 30 minutes.

user posted image

Look at this case inlove.gif

IMG]http://www.coolermaster.nl/upload/product/6652/gallery/full/top1.jpg[/img

In one word ... amazing ... inlove.gif

Yeah but don't you have an AMD/ATI graphics card?

Who says I don't like nVidia? wink.gif

It's actually that the AMD was less expensive ph34r.gif

I pretty much did the same.

I really prefer Nvidia, but at the time of purchasing myself a new graphics card Fermi was still around 5 months away from its eventual release. As a result I got the best bang-for-buck AMD card (back when it was first released, anyway) rather than wait another long time to upgrade from my 9600gt. tounge.gif

My next card will be a Kepler GPU.

rather than wait another long time to upgrade from my 9600gt. tounge.gif

I actually nearly got a 5850 when they first came out, but they were in such short supply I couldn't get one. So here I am... still sporting my epic 9600GT. Since it maxes out all the games I've played recently (GTA IV, San Andreas + ENB, L4D2, Portal 2 + various other Steam games, Minecraft) I can't imagine a newer card would improve anything.

I'm sorry for asking, but what's that? tounge.gif

But mate, I've got €280 now, and you know my situation.

I want a pc that runs IV with playable fps, not 20 confused.gif

What's the best thing I should do?

Buying a new case I gues? But which?

Besides that, if I want to buy a new CPU, that means new Motherboard, new RAM ... just about everything confused.gif

Edited by Exxon

I'm sorry for asking, but what's that? tounge.gif

But mate, I've got €280 now, and you know my situation.

I want a pc that runs IV with playable fps, not 20 confused.gif

What's the best thing I should do?

Buying a new case I gues? But which?

Besides that, if I want to buy a new CPU, that means new Motherboard, new RAM ... just about everything confused.gif

You could probably (just about) get yourself a good Intel i5-2500 processor, a decent motherboard and some RAM (if you don't already have DDR3, that is). This obviously won't save much money for the case, but Corsair have recently brought out a great new line of budget cases for under $100 called the Carbide series. You should save a little more money and it will be much more worth your while. Also, link a site you'd feel fine purchasing from online.

You could probably (just about) get yourself a good Intel i5-2500 processor, a decent motherboard and some RAM (if you don't already have DDR3, that is). This obviously won't save much money for the case, but Corsair have recently brought out a great new line of budget cases for under $100 called the Carbide series. You should save a little more money and it will be much more worth your while. Also, link a site you'd feel fine purchasing from online.

http://www.alternate.nl

Why i5-2500 instead of 2500k? In that store, the difference is €4 or so wink.gif

But I hope I can make a pc there without GPU (and mabye PSU) because I already have that, that'll save €280 smile.gif

And what about the Zalman Z9 Plus case?

It's also a bloody gorgeous one (if you ask me), has good airflow I think and is only €60 happy.gif

K just means the processor's multiplier is unlocked for overclocking. You can still overclock the CPU, just not as far. I suggested that because it's usually a little bit cheaper. Also, only the i5-2500 has a K version (also the i7-2600).

i5-2300 - euro £153

http://www.alternate.nl/html/summaryListin...t2=515&cat3=000

4GB DDR3 RAM (or do you have DDR3 already?) - euro £30

http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Geheu...R3-1600/478697/?

P67 Pro motherboard - euro £93

http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Moede...P67_Pro/555009/?

=276 euros

You might need to find a cheaper case (or cheaper website for components!) or extend your budget. Don't bother getting these new parts without getting a new case. tounge.gif

Well... I think Asrock P67 Pro3 would be a better choice, since it has more VRMs and is only slightly more expensive wink.gif

Also, I'd strongly advise Exxon to save a few more bucks and get i5-2500k, since it's OC capabilities are far better.

AndrefromEstonia

Buy a AMD processor, much cheaper. Now i know it's not that powerful, but you can play GTAIV with a x4 phenom 955 BE for example at more then 30FPS surely. You don't have to buy a expensive i5 2500 or something. Just buy more RAM and a better graphics card, somebody somewhere said that GTAIV needs more a better GPU then a CPU.

Well thats what i would do, correct me if i'm so very wrong. If i'm gonna build a new PC, wich i am in the near future, i will be using an AMD because it is so much cheaper and is still quite good.

Phenom 955 is quite good, but I'm not sure if it's worth uprading from Q8200 (or whatever Exxon has ATM). Performance difference might not be so noticeable. if I was to buy AMD CPU, I'd wait till AMD FX get released (rumored release date: next month).

Also @Exxon way up: Zalman Z9 is decent.

I've put my old signature back, so I don't have to list my rig everytime wink.gif

But I saw on Intel's site that the 2500k has turbo boost set at 3.7 GHz, I'll just chose that and not OC; I don't want to risc any damage turn.gif

I just saw that the 2500 also has that, so maybe I'll chose that one, although the K comes in handy in future sleepy.gif

Also, I gues I would buy 8 GB of RAM, so an upgrade is even further away tounge2.gif

Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit

http://www.alternate.nl/html/product/Geheu...R3&l3=DDR3-1600

Anyone seen a better and cheaper (and nicer) case than the Zalman Z9 Plus? smile.gif

@AndrefromEstonia

I ain't a rich man too, this money is earnt by waiting about 8 months and a one-week-job during vacation (eart €70)

It's just that IV really isn't playable, and textures medium is ugly as hell (and doesn't really give a boost).

Edited by Exxon